HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

jOZEF bALEJ

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 06:18 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
jOZEF bALEJ

Jozef has earned himself a call-up. Bob was in attendance of one of Balej's best games. Everyone knows he is a great skater, and has a good offensive upside, but now he is doing everything.
#1 He's big. And goes into the corners. Not very physical, but hits well enough. Don't expect Power Forward like qualities.
#2 He shoots, sometimes too much, but he shoots.
#3 He creates offensively, he makes things happen.
#4 He back checks with some degree of effectiveness. He also plays on the PK.

They need him in Montreal, they need him now!

Old
11-09-2003, 06:23 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Jozef has earned himself a call-up. Bob was in attendance of one of Balej's best games. Everyone knows he is a great skater, and has a good offensive upside, but now he is doing everything.
#1 He's big. And goes into the corners. Not very physical, but hits well enough. Don't expect Power Forward like qualities.
#2 He shoots, sometimes too much, but he shoots.
#3 He creates offensively, he makes things happen.
#4 He back checks with some degree of effectiveness. He also plays on the PK.

They need him in Montreal, they need him now!
don't you think that Dagenais , who have something like 6-7 goals since the last 3 games , deserve more a call-up ?

Old
11-09-2003, 06:27 PM
SuperUnknown

We still have too many forwards. There won't be any call-up unless one of our players gets injured or is traded.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:32 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
don't you think that Dagenais , who have something like 6-7 goals since the last 3 games , deserve more a call-up ?
Nope...Ive seen Dagenais in every home game, he is soft, and doesn't use his size well. Its just a hot streak.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:33 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
We still have too many forwards. There won't be any call-up unless one of our players gets injured or is traded.
Gainey was there, he knows what he needs to do. Time for him to make a deal.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Balej, big? Oh well, if you said it!

Old
11-09-2003, 06:36 PM
habitants9_4

Perezhogin has been dissapointing this weekend.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:38 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax≤+bx+c
Balej, big? Oh well, if you said it!
He's 6'1'' and looks big on the ice, you would notice it too, if you saw it.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:47 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
He's 6ft1, and around 200lbs now..
Don't forget to add that he put on a lot of muscle in the summer, something like 15 pounds.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Was'nt Montreal who said that Balej has a similar shape to Ribeiro?

Yes it was me, and yes he does. He seems to have a thin frame, not very muscluar. He's not strong either, will have trouble in the NHL along the boards if he's called up. I'd like to see it overe Dagenais who would be another slow forward that can't skate well like Perreault and Ribeiro, just bigger. Balej is so fast and such a good skater, but his shot is wicked.

I was sitting in the first row for 3 games, and to me Balej looked very skinny. Plekanec who's shorter looks a lot more thicker to me. Plekanec should be the first callup IMO though. He's been great, and Balej is feeding off that (until the other day when Jarvis split them up) But I would call up one of them, they will create more then Audette, both skate well and have speed to burn.

Old
11-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
If i don't look to your ugly title and read this i actually think you talk about Dagenias , you know ...that big foward who's not called Kilger ! 6'4 210 Pounds ... Dagenais is more like Daze i know ... but that's exactly what i say when i talk about the big dagenais i just say 'don't expect a PF he's jsut a big guy ''..

Dagenais is the guy who's on fire right now and he's the guy they wanted to see last night ! I mean he's huge and scored a hero-like game winning in overtime hat trick 2 days ago in the 1st game of a beautiful 3 game in 3 days week end ..( wohoo just like last week AHL schedule sucks big time ) , and don't forget that they travel in a ****ing Bus . So they leave Hamilton and go to Grand Rapids ... Then Dagenais play a solid game and have 5 shots while Balej score the 2nd goal of the game ( assist to Dagenais ) and the game end 2-2 .... Yay another trip back to Hamilton ( i mean why don't play 2 game at home and then go on the road for the 3rd game ? AHL really piss me off so imagine how the players deal with that ,( it would be intesresting to ask them how they like that btw ) Dagenais along with his RedHot lines-mates shine again and Dagenais beat ''the Golden Prospect'' Kari Lethonen 2 times and the line add 2 others goal to win this 3rd game , sign of fatigue were visible in the 3rd and Chicago tied the game to force overtime . Pleks scored and the Dogs are on a roll again , mant guy in Hamilton right now have learn to be ultra-competitive last year with the Baby Oilers and it seem that they never give up , someone will shine at the right time , Higgins or Plekanec or a line like JB , Dagenais and Gratton will get the job done the other night . Perez and few other guys have a lot of offensive talent too .

I don't want to see people start a kind Balej mania like they did with Plekanec last week when he was Red Hot along with JB . I mean people who don't know him well will write false things like that ''he's big'' i mean WTF , yes he's bigger than Audette and Bouillon so what ?!

What we are looking for ? More scoring , a finisher , someone who won't be pushed away by Tom Poti on front of the net right ? Dagenais will do it he will go in front of the net just everytime he can if Julien ask him to . He will want to stay in the big league and hopefully it would work out for him . Remember they signed him this summer , he deserve a shot before Balej who was cutted fast at the training camp .

Dagenais scored 8goals in 5 games along with a buch of assists and he's the team leader in goals , points , PPG and shots he played 60 NHL games and he know the diffrence beteween the 2 is huge . Plus Dagenais is LW , the best position for a player looking for a shot on a top line right now IMO .

I think Balej is awsome right now and i think he was the most consistent player on the dogs for the last 2-3 weeks , he shined along with Plekanec for a while and was moved to the top line with Dagenais and Gratton 2 guys who already enjoyed succes at the AHL level in their carrer . Balej is learning the be consistent and to creates things every time his skates hit the ice . He shots a lot yes and it's fine his accuracy will increase and tell me how many time you see the Habs with like 17 shots on goal after a game ? Way too often .

That's why Marcel'' he just feed the puck trade him'' Hossa and J.Balej were one of the most exiting duo in the WHL with Portland . Can't wait to see them on a line with Higgins or Koivu

Yes Balej is flashy , he do have a blazing speed he creates havoc and scoring chances more than everyone with these cruicial assets . Yes he look good against AHLer and yes he was among the best Dogs but NO he's not ready .

Last year Ryder was one of the 5 top players in the AHL and he didn't had a single sniff of NHL duty over the year and Ward was the best player in the whole league and he played what 15games with the Habs at the end of the year ? so don't go think they will recall Balej after he nabbed 15pts in 15ames mostly on the top line with proven AHLer . Bring Balej is not the right choice to do , Balej will be pushed around like Audette if he's rushed in the NHL , many player like him had the same problem in the big league .

Balej won't play in front of 21,000 great fans until the Habs make some room on the right wing . Audette will have to leave this summer , Balej will take his spot , anyways i think that everybody agree that Audette is useless and a weak hockey player ( even if the Media seem to protect him lately ). Dackell or Sundstrom will have to leave if they really want too see Ward around in the future . So Dacks , Sunny and Audette will hopefuly leave the team by the year or this summer . That would be the perfect senario for Josef Balej to earn a roster spot if he keep playing like a ****ing GOD and makes me happy the whole year .. we will have great playoffs this year !!

Dagenais really deserve to be recalled before December
------
Here a pic of Balej before he bulk up for the 1st time ( he did it 2 times with good results and that's why at some place he's rated from 165 to 190now )

And for those who say that Balej is small because he look small next to Pleks are stupid , Pleks is built like a little tank , he's small but compact and that's why he was that good with us a the training camp . Fast , Solid on his skate , good playmaking , and great endurence . Plekanec is our next iron man he's like a machine .. i'm pettry sure Plekanec the poster have more information about this ...

Balej won't be the next Samsonov and won't be the next Havlat ... he's gonna be Balej and that's it . Man last year he was just a smurf and a complete bust This thread his the perfect exemple of the Habsland bandwagon ... unique en son genre !

Next Week it will be Higgins turn

Old
11-10-2003, 05:25 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
If i don't look to your ugly title and read this i actually think you talk about Dagenias , you know ...that big foward who's not called Kilger ! 6'4 210 Pounds ... Dagenais is more like Daze i know ... but that's exactly what i say when i talk about the big dagenais i just say 'don't expect a PF he's jsut a big guy ''..

What we are looking for ? More scoring , a finisher , someone who won't be pushed away by Tom Poti on front of the net right ? Dagenais will do it he will go in front of the net just everytime he can if Julien ask him to . He will want to stay in the big league and hopefully it would work out for him . Remember they signed him this summer , he deserve a shot before Balej who was cutted fast at the training camp .

Dagenais scored 8goals in 5 games along with a buch of assists and he's the team leader in goals , points , PPG and shots he played 60 NHL games and he know the diffrence beteween the 2 is huge . Plus Dagenais is LW , the best position for a player looking for a shot on a top line right now IMO .

give a cigar to this man ....very good reading !

Old
11-10-2003, 11:36 AM
habitants9_4

[QUOTE=Jozeph_Balej]
I don't want to see people start a kind Balej mania like they did with Plekanec last week when he was Red Hot along with JB . I mean people who don't know him well will write false things like that ''he's big'' i mean WTF , yes he's bigger than Audette and Bouillon so what ?!

QUOTE]

WOW! lol... I have always been a fan of Balej's capabilities. Last year he wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but I saw something in him. A great speedy player.

Saying I write false things...I think I would know more about the Bulldogs players than you would, considering the fact that I have seen every single home game! From the press box, its simple he looks big! I never said he looked bulky like Plekanec! He is TALL!!! Anyways size doesn't matter, its strength, and use of body that matters. Plekanec uses the body well, he takes the hit, and gives it. Balej has very good strength, he is no PF, but is still average. He is playing really well, and with the Habs defensive system. His speed could do WONDERS!

My question to you is how would Dagenais do in the defensive system???

He's slow, doesn't hit. Balej is better than him, and has been all year. You want to talk about someone jumping on the bandwagon....Well you want Dagenais up don't you?

Also, as for his goals on Lehtonen...Lehtonen admited it himself after the game, that he played aweful. He wasn't happy at all! Dagenais 2nd goal was off a feed from Gratton, a great pass to..btw. His 1st goal was a mistake by Lehtonen.

Balej has simply been good all-year long.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:

Balej has simply been good all-year long.

All-year long ? We are in Mid-November bud ....

Even if you were at every single game Balej played in his life i would still contest what you said as i really doubt of your hockey knowledge .

Quote:
Last year he wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but I saw something in him. A great speedy player.
Never heard of him when he was at Habs camp before returning to the WHL ? He played one game every week last year on line with Blouin and Bishai he's now playing with proven AHL scorers and he's STARTING to improve .

Old
11-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Buck-weath

Quote:

Great to hear!!!

I always been a Balej believer and always seen major NHL skills in him! Ver very nice to hear about Balej!!

By the way, how does Perezhogin was looking tonight?
Same for me! I've always thought Balej would become a decent NHLer and I even think that He's going to have a better career than Marcel Hossa. He still has to work on some weakness abut he's improving nicely.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Traitor8

I'm really high on Balej..

I want him to be our 2nd line RW...

Ribeiro is a slower playmaker while Balej is lightning quick and is a good shooter, I think they would do wonders with each other.

Hossa-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Balej

Old
11-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Buck-weath

Quote:
Don't forget to add that he put on a lot of muscle in the summer, something like 15 pounds.
You saying Balej is about 215 pounds? You must be kidding! When he was drafted , he weighed 171 pounds so I don't think he's gained 45 pounds since then. And it's the first time I ever hear that he's big, actually, Balej is considered to be more on the small side.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:17 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck-weath
You saying Balej is about 215 pounds? You must be kidding! When he was drafted , he weighed 171 pounds so I don't think he's gained 45 pounds since then. And it's the first time I ever hear that he's big, actually, Balej is considered to be more on the small side.
I am saying that Balej has put on 15 pounbds this summer! Can you read?

I am saying he looks big on the ice. You would notice too if you saw as many games as I do. I know he is only 6'1''. He is BIG on the ice.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:29 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
All-year long ? We are in Mid-November bud ....

:moon: Even if you were at every single game Balej played in his life i would still contest what you said and a really doubt of you hockey knowledge anyways .

*CAN YOU PRONOUNCE ANYTHING CORRECTLY, THIS SENTENCE MAKES NO SENSE*

Never heard of him when he was at Habs camp before returning to the WHL ? He played one game every week last year on line with Blouin and Bishai he's now playing with proven AHL scorers and he's STARTING to improve .
I have more knowledge now, than you could even dream of having!

So far this season he has been the Bulldogs best winger, night in and night out.

Last year during the season he was on the Bulldogs 3rd line with Plekanec and Hinz most of the time. Blouin played defense last year, and therefore making your comment false. Mike Bishai usually played on a line with Nate DiCasmirro. Balej didn't play in the playoffs, because of the following reasons:
#1 Lack of experience
#2 Lack of heart
#3 Lack of determination
Coach Geoff Ward obviously went with the players that wanted to win the most, hence the reason why he scratched Czerkawski and once Hossa. Czerkawski showed little effort, but was still able to get on the score sheet most of the nights. Hossa ended up playing a lot, because he started to produce with Ryder.

Oh I heard of him, he got 50 goals with Portland! Then returned, and had a disappointing campaign.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
. Balej didn't play in the playoffs, because of the following reasons:
1:Czerkawski
2:Hossa
3:Ryder
4:Ward
5:Rita
6:Torres
7:Lindsay
8:Salmelainen

We only need 12 wingers , sorry JB . Then he play a game and do good , score and then they sit him again

Quote:
Last year during the season he was on the Bulldogs 3rd line with Plekanec and Hinz most of the time
Balej is not a 3rd line player and it's what ive pointed out by saying he played with Blouin and the other bum .

Quote:
Oh I heard of him, he got 50 goals with Portland! Then returned, and had a disappointing campaign.
He didn't returned he was 20 when he scored 50g ...

Anyways i won't talk with you anymore , you can't even see the difference between Dagenais and Balej

Quote:
So far this season he has been the Bulldogs best winger, night in and night out.
Agreed , but i have already pointed that out ...

Old
11-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:

Gratton and Balej make look Dagenais better or more productive!
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=29526

Old
11-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Erack82

Send a message via AIM to Erack82
Quote:
I waS surprised to hear that Balej was suddenly looking big
I was wondering that too. Balej looks average to me.

But anyways, I took some photos of Balej and others from Saturday's Griffins game. If your interested PM me.

Old
11-10-2003, 01:29 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
2002-03 San Antonio Rampage AHL
7th scorer
2000-01 Albany River Rats AHL
2nd scorer (Chris Ferraro #1, his playmaker)
1999-00 Albany River Rats AHL
2nd scorer (Steve BrŻlť #1, his playmaker)

He always needs someone to pass him the puck so, yes, Gratton and maybe to a lesser extent, Balej, make him more productive. He never was a PPG player...

Old
11-10-2003, 01:30 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
1:Czerkawski
2:Hossa
3:Ryder
4:Ward
5:Rita
6:Torres
7:Lindsay
8:Salmelainen

We only need 12 wingers , sorry JB . Then he play a game and do good , score and then they sit him again

Balej is not a 3rd line player and it's what ive pointed out by saying he played with Blouin and the other bum .

He didn't returned he was 20 when he scored 50g ...

Anyways i won't talk with you anymore , you can't even see the difference between Dagenais and Balej

Agreed , but i have already pointed that out ...
LMAO...You really can't read properly or you are illiterate. Or something!

I could care less if you donít choose to read my posts anymore, simply because you lost an argument, or were outsmarted. I will continue to post on the Bulldogs players, for as long as I see them play, and maybe next year, if all goes well I will be posting on how the Habs play. I am more than just a fan, as I plan on making a living with hockey. Here are my replies:

ďBalej didnít play because of:
1:Czerkawski (hmmm did he play in the playoffs, let me think, NO!)
2:Hossa (Had the talent, but not enough determination or drive to win, but yes he was ahead on the depth charts, but he just further proves my point of how Geoff Ward played the players who wanted to win, because he was mostly on the 3rd line)
3:Ryder (He was the 2nd line centre, and played absolutely amazing!)
4:Ward (AHLís player of the year, says enough)
5:Rita (LW, and played on the 4th line)
6:Torres (NHL caliber player)
7:Lindsay (Heart of the team)
Here is last years Bulldogs depth charts:
LW/C/RW
Salmelainen Gratton Ward
Hossa Stoll Ryder
Torres Lindsay Hinz
Rita Plekanec Czerkawski
Dicasmirro Bishai Balej
Hainsey Komisarek
Bergeron Haakana
Beauchemin Allen
Blouin Charpentier
Hogan
Conklin
Fichaud

YOU CAN NOW UNDERSTAND, WHY AS A ROOKIE IT IS HARD TO CRACK THAT LINE UP WITH ALL OR ALMOST ALL THE PLAYERS ON HOT STREAKS EXCEPT RITA/HOSSA/CZERKAWSKI AND THE SUBS

He was on the 3rd line all year long, but right before the playoffs Gratton came back off the IR, Hossa got sent down, Salmelainen turned on the jets, Lindsay got sent down, Czerkawski stayed down. 4 spots, meaning one third liner is going to be the odd man out.

Youíre the one who seems to like Dagenaisís abilities more than Balejís, I guess now I have changed your mind.

Now I g2g to work!

Old
11-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Garnet

Balej

On the Bulldogs site his 6'1 191 pounds. Not a bad size should get between 195 -200 LBS soon.

Closed Thread