HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET)

Old
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolto View Post
It's not in the online version but in the print version of Damian Cristodero's Lightning Notebook in today's Times he writes that there were ten teams with credentialed scouts at last night's game. I wonder what teams and who they were looking at................
Dallas, LA, Columbus, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Colorado, and Detroit were the ones on the list Tuesday night. I dont count the Scotty Bowman's of the world though, because they are at almost every game.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Dallas, LA, Columbus, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Colorado, and Detroit were the ones on the list Tuesday night. I dont count the Scotty Bowman's of the world though, because they are at almost every game.
What about the person on the other end of the phone?

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Tocchet View Post
I would do Malone for Blum.
I, personally, would not. Blum is still relatively unproven at the NHL level and has been outplayed by Ellis this year. Given the current depth of Nashville's defensemen better than Blum right now (Weber, Suter, Josi, Klein, Bouillon, Ellis), he could be had for less. Malone adds much needed size and grit to our top 6. However, I would accept Blum and a 2nd/3rd round pick for Malone.

None of our core will be moving (Stamkos, St.Louis, Lecavalier and Hedman), so I'd be happy if we came out of the deadline with a top 4 defenseman like Grossman or Blum without sacrificing Connolly, Ashton, Namestnikov or our 1st round pick. A #1 goaltender will be taken care of in the off-season, unless SFY gets a deal he can't refuse.

Last edited by The Wyzerhood: 02-02-2012 at 09:21 AM.
The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Malone simply isn't going to move this season or next as long as that NMC is in effect. When he's on, he's a handful for any opposing team to handle, but honestly, if he would waive the NMC for a blue chip Dman prospect and a mid-round pick, with his rather hefty contract SFY would probably have to take it.

That being said, I'm kind of shocked at how my perspective has changed over the season on some of the players (namely Downie and Moore). These are guys that I was the first to put on the block earlier in the year, but now... they're hardly untouchable, but I definitely don't *want* them to be moved.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

I'd be surprised if anybody notable is traded. I think Malone and Downie are great to have in the playoffs and I'm sure teams will inquire about them but I think the lightning will see them as pieces of the puzzle. Moore as well. Purcell could be dealt as he's starting to get hot and his value is increasing. I think the lightning stand pat but maybe a few minor deals will go down. Nothing crazy.

This team is a few pieces to being a contender and unless they can ADD those pieces in the deadline without giving up too much I see them waiting till the offseason. I mean face it, unless this team goes on a big run here it will be pretty difficult for this team to go far in the playoffs. I don't see it with current defense and goaltending but next year could be a totally different story as I see us being active in free agency this year.

Drouin2Stamkos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:28 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontrib
Quote:
Spoke to Steve Yzerman, said he's prepared to be buyer or seller at trade deadline, depending on how next handful of games transpire

Old
02-04-2012, 03:38 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
There have been plenty of rumors about whom the Lightning might be willing to move, with D Pavel Kubina, LW Ryan Malone and C Dominic Moore most mentioned.

Kubina has been linked to the Rangers and Flames,

Malone to the Kings (with the speculated return being G Jonathan Bernier) and

Moore to the Penguins and Senators.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...htning/1213701

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:16 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

If Malone gets me Bernier, get Ashton some games at the end of the year up here and make that deal.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Hasn't the rumor been that Malone has twice said 'no' to being traded to LA?

Flames aren't surprising for Kubina, but I've got to wonder what a NYR deal would give us in return.

but notice who will take Kubina? Feaster (CGY) or Tortorella (NYR)

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Hasn't the rumor been that Malone has twice said 'no' to being traded to LA?

Flames aren't surprising for Kubina, but I've got to wonder what a NYR deal would give us in return.

but notice who will take Kubina? Feaster (CGY) or Tortorella (NYR)
Rangers makes senses though beside the Tortz connection because they have a lot of young defensemen in Sauer, Del Zotto, Bickel, and McDonagh and Emenger, Woywitka, and Stralman combined don't have much playoff experience either.

They have a deep prospect pool, so it could be a pick and a prospect.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Rangers makes senses though besaide the Tortz connection because they have a lot of young defensemen in Sauer, Del Zotto, Bickel, and McDonagh and Emenger and Stralman don't have much playoff experience either.

They have a deep prospect pool, so it could be a pick and a prospect.
Kubina doesn't have that much playoff experience.

I mean, if they wanted a guy with over 100+ games of NHL playoff experience, they've already got Wade Redden.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 02-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Not surprising to see those teams interested in Kubi. Hell, they also might be the only two teams he'd waive for too.

Any team that could face Jagr in the playoffs should be lining up for Kubina. I don't know what the **** it is, but he just owns him ever since that playoff series.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Kubina doesn't have that much playoff experience.

I mean, if they wanted a guy with over 100+ games of NHL playoff experience, they've already got Wade Redden.
46 games is still more than any of their blueliners. Out of all their players, only Richards, Fedotenko, and Rupp (by 1 game) have played in more playoff games than Kubina. And Kubina has won a cup. So I think that experience could go a long way there.

Also just for comparison, last deadline they traded Tim Kennedy and a 3rd round pick for McCabe who as a big veteran defensemen with leadership and playoff experience shares a lot of the same qualities as Kubina.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I Am Beat You

Malone for Bernier seems extremely unrealistic. I'm assuming that's just speculation on the 2 main guys involved in the deal?

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Malone for Bernier seems extremely unrealistic. I'm assuming that's just speculation on the 2 main guys involved in the deal?
I concur. LA lacks scoring right now and while Malone is decent offensively, he is in no way an answer to their offensive woes. Bernier is an extremely valuable asset that will probably be moved in the off-season at the earliest. If LA were to trade him, they'd want a goalie capable of relieving Quick in case he falters (Roloson?), a top 6 forward (Malone) and a draft pick. Also, I don't think we'd be good trading partners with LA since they're relatively close to the cap as it is and SFY isn't keen on trading away picks.

I see us having a better chance moving Malone to NSH for Blum and a pick. We might as well keep riding our goalie tandem as it is and try to improve our defence for the time being and wait until the off-season to find a long-term solution in net. Bernier would be an amazing option, but I doubt we trade for him unless it's a deal SFY can't refuse. Again though, Malone would be important for us if we do sneak in to the playoffs so maybe he won't be moved at all.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Don't think LA has to worry about Quick faltering. He's the reason LA is even in playoff discussion.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Kypreos has a rumour that Malone + 1st round pick for Cory Schneider...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Kypreos has a rumour that Malone + 1st round pick for Cory Schneider...
Straight up wouldn't work due to cap constraints, which means there has to be another player involved(unless Gillis makes another trade immediately). Tampa's real need is defense. So if this trade were to happen(big were, Yzerman likes his first rounders) then the other logical piece coming to Tampa with Schneider would be either one of Edler, Ballard, Bieksa, or Hamhuis. The latter 2 have NTC's so the odds of them waiving would be low(could be wrong though). That leaves Edler and Ballard. Edler is young and great so I highly doubt it's him unless Tampa is paying a lot more than originally thought. That leaves Ballard, who could slot into our Top-4 no problem. He has 3 more years left on his deal after this season at $4.2million, so in effect he'd be replacing Malone's cap hit.

I see potential here, but then again very iffy on it as goalies seem to go belly up in Tampa.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM
I Am Beat You

I am not a fan of trading away what is likely a 5-10 pick in this year's draft.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I am not a fan of trading away what is likely a 5-10 pick in this year's draft.
same, this draft is very good too

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
newham89

I'd be less against it if we made the pick a 2013 1st. Value seems much better as well as next years first won't be so high (all being well).

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:40 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Kyper doesn't know anything about Tampa.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
If we can pull within 4 pts of the division lead in the next three weeks, I would be open to trading Malone and a 1st for Schneider and Ballard. Vancouver is a team I would assume Malone would consider waiving to. If our pick gets out of the top 10 area, which based on the track this team is going it will, then the value is 100% fair.

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
chasespace

What is our hypothetical cut off date for when Yzerman decides if we're buyers or sellers?

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:32 PM
bassassin

Trade deadline day

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote