HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post all trade proposals and wishlists IN HERE.

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
dnice023

vCash: 500
Post all trade proposals and wishlists IN HERE.

Since Jimmy Howard is out up to six weeks
Det Brendan Smith or their 1st round pick this yr
NYI Nabokov and Frans or PA

Old
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
SaintTavares

ummm, no...why would we give up a guy who is top 5 in assists and our current no. 1 goalie for a first round pick? That guy might not be here for another 3 years, and as good as Smith is I rather have a player than a prospect...and Frans is Frans, so no thanks

Old
02-04-2012, 07:59 PM
boredmale

If the Islanders are out of it by the deadline I would do it(assuming we can't resign either)

Old
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
malPHONEY

They're not giving up a good prospect/1st for a guy they'll only need for six weeks.

Their backup can probably do the job with that defense they have anyway.

Old
02-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
They're not giving up a good prospect/1st for a guy they'll only need for six weeks.

Their backup can probably do the job with that defense they have anyway.

They don't need to make a rush if he's only out for 6 weeks.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnice023 View Post
Since Jimmy Howard is out up to six weeks
Det Brendan Smith or their 1st round pick this yr
NYI Nabokov and Frans or PA
It's actually not crazy. We'd be giving up UFAs who may not come back for a solid prospect. It's a deep draft. So I'd say this is in the ball park.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:53 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

We're not making the playoffs, I would love to get Brendan Smith. Nabby and Frans for Smith and a 2nd rounder.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Detroit doesn't make trades, especially if it means they have to give up their best prospect or a first round pick for an old goalie and Nielsen.

Lidstrom is going to retire at some point and Stuart is most likely going to a team in California. Holland isn't a dumbass.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Hipster Doofus

Would do for Nielsen, iffy on PAP. Brendan Smith is a damn good player, almost NHL ready. Would really help our blueline next year and brings a nice physical element while being very mobile.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
We're not making the playoffs, I would love to get Brendan Smith. Nabby and Frans for Smith and a 2nd rounder.
Take out the 2nd. Smith is worth that package. Real good, solid young d-man.

I think Nielsen would also be a great fit for them, and perhaps even put up some surprising numbers in their system suited for his game (and surrounded by talent). Love Nielsen, but With Strome on the way and Cizikas probably due for a cup of coffee (dude is the best player on a team that just tonight lost in regulation for the first time in like 12 games) plus Bailey, they could afford to move him. He's not a game changer. Cizikas is top notch defensively and more physical. Strome bring big offense.

If possible, I'd KILL to see them grab Carter. Low caphit, locked up, would come cheap, and would give them a solid 1-2 punch a ready made winger/center to groom Strome. Carter played his best hockey on a Philly team where opponents had to defend multiple lines. Behind Tavares he'll never face top defenders.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:07 AM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Take out the 2nd. Smith is worth that package. Real good, solid young d-man.

I think Nielsen would also be a great fit for them, and perhaps even put up some surprising numbers in their system suited for his game (and surrounded by talent). Love Nielsen, but With Strome on the way and Cizikas probably due for a cup of coffee (dude is the best player on a team that just tonight lost in regulation for the first time in like 12 games) plus Bailey, they could afford to move him. He's not a game changer. Cizikas is top notch defensively and more physical. Strome bring big offense.

If possible, I'd KILL to see them grab Carter. Low caphit, locked up, would come cheap, and would give them a solid 1-2 punch a ready made winger/center to groom Strome. Carter played his best hockey on a Philly team where opponents had to defend multiple lines. Behind Tavares he'll never face top defenders.
I think Cizikas is a big reason why Neilsen is not signed yet and I agree with you. Strome is not the answer next year, I don't want him on the Isles unless he ages in dog years. He is still not going to be strong enough to play in the NHL, he should spend another year in Juniors.

I do like the idea of Carter on the Isles. You slot him into the #2 center spot and I think we would flourish. The guy is really talented and we'd have two dangerous scoring lines. Bailey centering the third line and Cizikas on the 4th. JT and Carter on the PP would be deadly. It's the contract, do we really want another possible Yashin situation? 10 years? He has perceived attitude issues too, do we really want to deal with that? We'd tear him to shreds on here. No thanks.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Otto91

Have no problem dealing Nabby and Franz

I want Pap to stay.....Snow needs to go balls out for him.....he is still putting up point on the 2nd line....imagine him with a offensive center like Strome.......Want this guy signed

The wings will not wait 6 weeks for a goalie....Howard will be back by that time.....

Deal Now....

Old
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I think Cizikas is a big reason why Neilsen is not signed yet and I agree with you. Strome is not the answer next year, I don't want him on the Isles unless he ages in dog years. He is still not going to be strong enough to play in the NHL, he should spend another year in Juniors.

I do like the idea of Carter on the Isles. You slot him into the #2 center spot and I think we would flourish. The guy is really talented and we'd have two dangerous scoring lines. Bailey centering the third line and Cizikas on the 4th. JT and Carter on the PP would be deadly. It's the contract, do we really want another possible Yashin situation? 10 years? He has perceived attitude issues too, do we really want to deal with that? We'd tear him to shreds on here. No thanks.
I'd prefer Strome is wiated on also. Cizikas though has thrived in the AHL and is only getting better (and so is the team). I thought he'd do well, but he's already hit what I thought he would score all year.

Also, imagine a pass heavy winger like PAP with a true goal scoring center? He'd fit in nicely here at center and is a guy who would translate well to wing as Strome comes in.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:24 AM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
I'd prefer Strome is wiated on also. Cizikas though has thrived in the AHL and is only getting better (and so is the team). I thought he'd do well, but he's already hit what I thought he would score all year.

Also, imagine a pass heavy winger like PAP with a true goal scoring center? He'd fit in nicely here at center and is a guy who would translate well to wing as Strome comes in.
Can't get over Carter's contract. I would love to have Tuomo Ruutu on this team. He could be our 2nd line center next year and he could move over to the wing when Strome is ready. His mix of grit and skill would be a major upgrade for this team.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:44 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
The fact that we are only about 3 weeks away from the trade deadline and Frans still isn't signed to an extension makes me kinda nervous.

I like the center prospects the isles have added the last few drafts (Strome , Cizikas , Brock Nelson and Ullstrom) ,but I think it would be a mistake to not re-sign Frans Nielsen at this point.I want the isles to keep Nielsen on the 2nd line until either Strome or Brock Nelson come to camp and show they are nhl ready.If Ciakas or Ullstrom have the 3rd line center spot tied up , then Frans can be dealt then.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Aucoin3

If Detroit is offering Smith and a 1st round pick for Nabokov and Nielsen they are fresh out of their damn mind.

That said I would do it in a second. The Islanders have no shot at the playoffs this year and Smith would instantly be top 4 guy on the Isles. Nabokov won't be back next year and the Isles would intern be trading Nielsen for Smith and a 1st rounder.

That said obviously this original post was by an Islanders fan because this trade makes no sense from a Detroit perspective. In addition this is obviously the Islanders board because some people on here are actually saying they wouldn't do the trade.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
seafoam

vCash: 1000
I would love Smith but do not see Detroit trading him, even though I would go hard for him.

Nabby, Frans, and one of Eaton/Jurcina

Resign P.A.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

What an awful deal. Smith is our best D prospect

If Detroit is going to package any deal, it'll be around Nabokov alone, and we wouldn't offer much for a basic rental. Main reason why I can't see a deal happening in the first place.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Otto91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The fact that we are only about 3 weeks away from the trade deadline and Frans still isn't signed to an extension makes me kinda nervous.

I like the center prospects the isles have added the last few drafts (Strome , Cizikas , Brock Nelson and Ullstrom) ,but I think it would be a mistake to not re-sign Frans Nielsen at this point.I want the isles to keep Nielsen on the 2nd line until either Strome or Brock Nelson come to camp and show they are nhl ready.If Ciakas or Ullstrom have the 3rd line center spot tied up , then Frans can be dealt then.
Why Nervous about Franzie? He is a 3rd line center at best....He is no 2nd line center that is certain...

So you want Franz on the second line and Ulstrom or Cizzy for the 3rd center pos? So I guess Bailey is your 4th line Center?

I think it actually would be a mistake not to trade Franzie....

Nabby and FRanz......can be shown the door....

Signing Pap to a deal Like Mouslon....if possible....We need points and Pap is putting them up!

Old
02-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
What an awful deal. Smith is our best D prospect

If Detroit is going to package any deal, it'll be around Nabokov alone, and we wouldn't offer much for a basic rental. Main reason why I can't see a deal happening in the first place.
I am with you. The Wings would most likely not do this trade.

Would the wings try to offer something small for nabby and if garth says no i want more. Would the wings just try and sign Turco ?
Or are they scared to try that route again ?

Old
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM
nightofthelivingc

Smith isn't going anywhere. Although Lidstrom is irreplaceable, when he retires Smith will be counted on to stabilize the Wings D. Holland has mentioned recently that he would like to further bolster his D, potentially at the trade deadline. No one on the Islanders can help with that.

As for Isles that would be of interest to the Wings, and are available as well, there aren't many. Howard said himself that he'll be out for a max of 2 weeks, and Joey Mac is capable of filling in for him while he's gone. Nabokov might be of interest if the Wings could send you something like:

Ty Conklin & a 2nd for Evgeni Nabokov

Outside of that the only other need that might be addressed by the Wings is a top 6 player. No way Tavares moves, and there isn't much else to look at. The Wings current top 6 blows NYI's out of the water, and frankly they don't need anyone from the team, maybe Grabner or Moulson would be something they'd look at. It'd be interesting to see Nino in a Wings sweater, but the Wings already have a plethora of potential top 6 offensive prospects.

Old
02-06-2012, 10:36 AM
crashthenet

Chris Stewart

Seems to be having a sub-par season for the Blues. Wonder what it would take to shake this RFA loose?

Old
02-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
Seems to be having a sub-par season for the Blues. Wonder what it would take to shake this RFA loose?
i do not know much about him. However we need to find someone who is already proven dont you think ?
unless we talking about trading second rounders ?

Old
02-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Isles

NYI-Ducks

P.A. + 1st round pick

for

Corey Perry

This would work out for both teams because Perry not performing well is taking a large part of the Ducks Salary, If John Tavares would have a teammate to play with apart from Moulson imaginbe the possibilities, this sounds like something that would help both teams, i do understand it would help the Islanders more, but I am a Islanders fan

Old
02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles View Post
P.A. + 1st round pick

for

Corey Perry

This would work out for both teams because Perry not performing well is taking a large part of the Ducks Salary, If John Tavares would have a teammate to play with apart from Moulson imaginbe the possibilities, this sounds like something that would help both teams, i do understand it would help the Islanders more, but I am a Islanders fan
Take out #1, replace with Kyle Okposo.

Closed Thread