HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Old
02-04-2012, 10:50 PM
larek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
its not for you to understand -- all of a sudden all booing will stop because it bothers you??
booing has been around since the beginning of sports --- its human nature- when fans are replaced by robots controlled by you then booing will stop
jackii robinson story a whole different deal and you know that

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Stradale

As much as I dislike Gomez the player.. but I really hate this.

Celebrating mediocrity is pathetic.

Its like making a party next year to "celebrate" our 20 years cup drought.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
m00ks

Quit talking to yourself buddy

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Vinc360

I make movies. If I make a crappy movie, I can type in "www.rottentomatoes.com" and I'll be damn sure over 20.000 people including international medias way more powerful than RDS will bash the hell out of me.

I don't get paid 7.4 mil. per film.

The overly dramatic fans are the ones *****ing about this, not the ones that cheer. Give me a break...

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:52 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Quit talking to yourself buddy
lol -- i dont have an edit button

Old
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
I make movies. If I make a crappy movie, I can type in "www.rottentomatoes.com" and I'll be damn sure over 20.000 people including international medias way more powerful than RDS will bash the hell out of me.

The overly dramatic fans are the ones *****ing about this, not the ones that cheer. Give me a break...
of course -- poor play and booing? why else would you boo??

Old
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
m00ks

Quote:

Not even remotely the same thing. If you were performing poorly at your job, you prefer reading about it on the paper or getting jeered everytime you go to work?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
As much as I dislike Gomez the player.. but I really hate this.

Celebrating mediocrity is pathetic.

Its like making a party next year to "celebrate" our 20 years cup drought.
You know it's not an actual celebration, it's people letting the management know what they think by making fun of the situation/pointing out how ridiculous it is.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Not even remotely the same thing. If you were performing poorly at your job, you prefer reading about it on the paper or getting jeered everytime you go to work?
if I were paid 7M$/year to be an entertainer, then I'd at least find some solace in knowing that I provide strong emotional responses to my paying customers (or, more accurately, to the paying customers of my employer) even when I am otherwise absolutely failing at my job.

the "celebrations" around Gomez's 1-year anniversary of futility are at least giving his "clients" something to smile about, and at the end of the day, that's what his job is (making his "clients" -or his bosses clients, happy).

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
larek

Quote:
people boo and cheer at different events and other things even at home
thats the way people and the world is -- if habs were instead playing for and in iraq under
hussein they would be on the verge of getting a good torturing for there shoddy play
booing isnt that bad

Old
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Guess what, it'd be worse than that. If you know anything about the film industry, you know I wouldn't even GET work if I wasn't greatly successful with my last movie. Both critically and financially.

Oh and I'd also get bashed at work and at screenings I'd go to.

It's definitely the exact same thing.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:05 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
If Montreal actually had a good team then players would be willing to sign.

Why should I cheer for a team that doesn't care or support Gomez who makes millions of dollars but has been so bad for so long it has become a joke.

I'm sorry but Quebec has the highest unemployment rate in Canada (Montreal's being even higher) and we see this millionaire put in pathetic performance after pathetic performance night after night. When if any one of us would have been this bad for as long as Gomez has been, we would have been out of a job.

It's not the fans fault and they have every right to be pissed.
What I highlighted--your first sentence--would be more accurate if it read like this...........

If Montreal actually had a dynamic and successful management group and an effective coaching staff, then players would be willing to sign.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Vinc360

Like I said before though, booing Gomez is stupid because he's not responsible for our problems. He plays good for a 4th line center, which is what his salary should reflect. Gainey/Gauthier are responsible here. I think Gomez knows what people's complaints are. The same complaint comes back and back again in the media and among the fans: it's his salary, not his skill. He's good enough for the NHL, lets not kid ourselves. He's also a really good guy and I suspect he's doing a good job in the locker room. He just shouldn't get paid that much. We have no way of directly "booing" Pierre Gauthier though.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:12 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
hows that grade 9 education treating you?
Winner of the most ironic post of the entire decade at HFForums.

Here you are, created a thread about how some fans in Montreal are just plain MEAN to Gomez for booing him or sarcastically cheering him and how his poor feelings are hurt..............

and then you attack and demean a poster in a MEAN fashion without respect to his feelings.

Bravo!!! This place is amazing sometimes.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:13 PM
larek

Quote:
Like I said before though, booing Gomez is stupid because he's not responsible for our problems. He plays good for a 4th line center, which is what his salary should reflect. Gainey/Gauthier are responsible here. I think Gomez knows what people's complaints are. The same complaint comes back and back again in the media and among the fans: it's his salary, not his skill. He's good enough for the NHL, lets not kid ourselves. He's also a really good guy and I suspect he's doing a good job in the locker room. He just shouldn't get paid that much. We have no way of directly "booing" Pierre Gauthier though.

Gomez not near the player once was - if he was a horse hes be put out to pasture by now
with no studding

Old
02-04-2012, 11:15 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Winner of the most ironic post of the entire decade at HFForums.

Here you are, created a thread about how some fans in Montreal are just plain MEAN to Gomez for booing him or sarcastically cheering him and how his poor feelings are hurt..............

and then you attack and demean a poster in a MEAN fashion without respect to his feelings.

Bravo!!! This place is amazing sometimes.
LoL -- pointed that out before LoL --- i found it very amusing -

Old
02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The cheering is nicer than booing. At least there's some good natured kidding in this.

I don't boo my players either. It's one thing to criticize a GMs decisions on a message board, it's a whole other ballgame to boo your team at the game. I just don't have it in me to do this. That being said, I support the right for other folks to do so.

As for Jackie Robinson, it's a dishonour to bring him up in this conversation. We all know what his hecklers were all about it it has nothing to do this this conversation or one involving a blueliner who'd trip on his own blueline. Let's leave Robinson's detractors out of this because it's an extremely bad comparison.
I'm not comparing Jackie Robinson to Brisebois...c'mon. I was comparing the mentality of the fans who thought that because they "pay to see an athlete play" that it gives them the right to jeer/boo players. It's a very simplistic way of looking at things.

Buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to do whatever the hell you want.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Gomez not near the player once was - if he was a horse hes be put out to pasture by now
with no studding
That's true and there's obviously a reason for that. However, we don't know what the reason is so we don't have a right to bash him. He's still good enough to be in the NHL though, so I'd gladly keep him on the team if he took a HUGE paycut.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I'm not comparing Jackie Robinson to Brisebois...c'mon. I was comparing the mentality of the fans who thought that because they "pay to see an athlete play" that it gives them the right to jeer/boo players. It's a very simplistic way of looking at things.

Buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to do whatever the hell you want.
you can boo thats allowable

Old
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
LoL -- pointed that out before LoL --- i found it very amusing -
I wonder if the OP is Gomez.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
larek

Quote:
That's true and there's obviously a reason for that. However, we don't know what the reason is so we don't have a right to bash him. He's still good enough to be in the NHL though, so I'd gladly keep him on the team if he took a HUGE paycut.
lol-- a huge paycut !! if only that was an option

Old
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Relax. It's not like he's a human being, he's a millionaire.
Of course right? Money solves everything.

This about sums it up.

**** what the guy makes, he's a human. This sarcastic cheering is so childish and makes us look like a bunch of spoiled rotten bullies.

Is there really anyone here who thinks Gomez is just sitting there laughing at us all while he rolls in money? There are definitely some athletes who take the money and run, but Gomez is not one. You can see he tries. He just sucks and was offered way more money than he is worth. Should he have asked for less???

Seriously though people, have a little class and support your team and you players. This season has definitely exposed our team for what it is, but it as has also exposed our fans.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Of course right? Money solves everything.

This about sums it up.

**** what the guy makes, he's a human. This sarcastic cheering is so childish and makes us look like a bunch of spoiled rotten bullies.

Is there really anyone here who thinks Gomez is just sitting there laughing at us all while he rolls in money? There are definitely some athletes who take the money and run, but Gomez is not one. You can see he tries. He just sucks and was offered way more money than he is worth. Should he have asked for less???

Seriously though people, have a little class and support your team and you players. This season has definitely exposed our team for what it is, but it as has also exposed our fans.
"he just sucks" lol

Old
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
"he just sucks" lol
No point denying it. He hasn't scored in a year. Can't really argue with that.

But 22,000 people mocking him on a daily basis is totally wrong and ****ing classless.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He should ask to be send down. He knows he's not going to be picked anyway, if so, GREAT for him and for us but since he knows it's not going to happen, chances are he goes in Hamilton and I can tell you that he scores in his first game there. Fun to laugh at him and call him terrible, which he is most nights, yet, he's too strong to be in the AHL so he would rack up points....which would most likely give him some confidence. That's what he needs. I actually can't believe they didn't come to that sooner. We needed a confident Gomez, sending him down with his approval, making him understand the reasoning behind it, would have been ideal for everybody. But that's real thinking outside the box, which we don't do. Unless, signing players during the season was what Gauthier had in mind when he said that, which is real funny 'cause most teams if not ALL the teams were already doing that....
I see what you are saying, but I think its unprecedented for a player to actually ask management to send him down... that would be hilarious though, and the media would have a field day with it... moreso than if the habs told him to go down

Its up to the management to bring it up.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote