HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This just in: Bob Errey blames Palffy for hunger in Africa

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 02:40 PM
grapepul*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I understand the whole perception of the country club atmosphere but you're really grabbing at straws if you think it extends into the broadcast booth.

Former players generally do become color commentators for their former teams in all organizations. John Davidson, John Garrett, etc.
Are you Really that naive??? Who was TV Analyst before Bob Errey BINGO!! Edzo how many games was it before he was fired???? 4 GAMES for Constantine under which Mario the Magnificent said he couldn't stand to watch how they played

Old
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt
I was simply putting Errey on a level that he could hope to compete with.
Nothing like aiming low & shooting lower

Old
01-08-2006, 02:47 PM
The Old Master

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennert
Nothing like aiming low & shooting lower
i think will have to start digging a ditch to shoot any lower

Old
01-08-2006, 02:51 PM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStanley
Oh please, just stop this crap. The broadcast booth stuff you bring up is ridiculous. Fans identify with those players, remember them from the times when we had the best team in the league, and they want to see them around. It has nothing to do with the country club atmosphere people like to bring up. That theory doesn't even make sense here. It's the same with the NFL. Look at every pregame show, where there are several former players on every one. Once again, they are likeable guys that the fans enjoyed watching play.

If they didn't want a "ball buster" why didn't they just put Johnson or Patrick behind the bench on an interim basis?
Not their best friends Just keep clicking your heels together & say there's no place like home. You just answered the 2nd part of you question Because CP was pissed off Same reason Howard Baldwin hired Constatine he was tired of hearing about the country club atmosphere DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I think a lot of us don't like the coaching thing, but tons of former players are announcers, this isn't exclusive to the Pens.

Old
01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade
I think a lot of us don't like the coaching thing, but tons of former players are announcers, this isn't exclusive to the Pens.
That goes without saying Do all the owners hire their buddies to do the analyst job for their team you people don't seem to get it all teams have players on their broadcasts but not all teams have their owners buddies on

Old
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Well, it's kind of hard to have a former player analyst who isn't a friend of the owner, considering our owner has been this teams star for half of it's existence.

I really don't see the big deal...he's a broadcaster and does a fine job. Did Errey run over your dog or something?

Old
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
cassius

Bob is terrible. He interjects with terrible comments all the time and i'm really starting to get sick of him. Lange is pretty senile too.

Now when it comes to Pallfy, I think any criticism towards him is warranted. This guy was billed to have AT LEAST a 30-40 goal season he has had 1 goal in the last 16 games or whatever. Unacceptable

Old
01-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Are you Really that naive??? Who was TV Analyst before Bob Errey BINGO!! Edzo how many games was it before he was fired???? 4 GAMES for Constantine under which Mario the Magnificent said he couldn't stand to watch how they played
Do you speak English?

Old
01-09-2006, 12:32 AM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

JamieG, if you are going to blame Errey for being critical of Palffy one that one play, don't you think it would also be fair to mention that Errey CORRECTED HIMSELF and later said the error was Whitney's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG
Errey just never gushes about Palffy.
To be honest I'm not seeing a lot to gush about.

Palffy is talented, yes. Is he producing to his level of talent? No.

Quote:
You can always tell a homer announcer when they start in on the ref by saying "
He should be ashamed!!!!"....I mean really, Errey practically made it look like the ref forced Crosby to yell at him....
First, Errey is as far from being a homer as there is. If a Pen player messes up, he's not afraid to say so. He does this with everybody, not just Palffy.

Second, that ref SHOULD have been ashamed for what he did. After making a bad call on Crosby (it was no dive), he just stood there and stared menacingly at Crosby, basically daring him to take another penalty. The ref wanted him to do it. If you think this is what referees are supposed to do, you are sadly mistaken.

Old
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time
I like Bob Errey. He knows his stuff, and he's usually willing to tell it like it is.
I totally agree.

IMO Lange-Errey is the best broadcasting duo since Lange-Steiggy.

Old
01-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Maken*

Bob Errey is one of the better colour guys in the league right now. You guys need a good dose of Harry Neale, John Garrett & Greg Millen before you start saying Errey is bad.

Palffy has been one of the worst 4.5 million dollar "elite offensive talents" in the NHL thus far.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
grapepul*

Quote:
Do you speak English?
Yes I do ARE YOU ********???????????????????????????????????????

Old
01-09-2006, 08:43 AM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNightInDaBurg
JamieG, if you are going to blame Errey for being critical of Palffy one that one play, don't you think it would also be fair to mention that Errey CORRECTED HIMSELF and later said the error was Whitney's?

To be honest I'm not seeing a lot to gush about.

Palffy is talented, yes. Is he producing to his level of talent? No.

First, Errey is as far from being a homer as there is. If a Pen player messes up, he's not afraid to say so. He does this with everybody, not just Palffy.

Second, that ref SHOULD have been ashamed for what he did. After making a bad call on Crosby (it was no dive), he just stood there and stared menacingly at Crosby, basically daring him to take another penalty. The ref wanted him to do it. If you think this is what referees are supposed to do, you are sadly mistaken.
Which player messes up? Mario

Old
01-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Yes I do ARE YOU ********???????????????????????????????????????
Apparently.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

be nice people

Old
01-10-2006, 01:48 AM
grapepul*

Quote:
Apparently.
Your Mother & Father were not brother & Sister were they OH well!! you know what they say if you can't keep it CLEAN KEEP ITTHE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-10-2006, 02:13 AM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

Something here reminds me of "Of Mice and Men".

Old
01-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Roy_Hobbs

Quote:
Seriously, is anyone else finding Errey's constant criticism of Ziggy Palffy, unfair and annoying?

He's been on him the whole season, but tonight was the topper. He blamed Palffy for the Thrashers first goal! The faceoff is won in the Pens zone, the Pittsburgh defenseman coughs the puck over behind the net, it results in a bang bang pass and goal. A normal, unbiased person, if they wanted to lay blame, might start with the player that committed the brutal turnover. Not Bob Errey. He's blaming Palffy. Of course, afterall, Palffy should have realized that the Pens were going to cough the puck up and reverted to defensive zone coverage.

Some wonder why people get sick of Crosby, I really think people like Bob Errey has something to do with it. Errey never lays any blame on Crosby, always defends his penalties and blames the refs to a ridiculous degree, yet he goes out of his way to blame Palffy for things that he had nothing to do with.

Does Palffy not play cards with Errey on the team plane or what?

Palffy doesn't try. He doesn't skate hard. He avoids contact. He doesn't play defense. He doesn't forecheck. He loafs to the bench on changes. And right now he isn't even putting the puck in the net. He's worthless.

Old
01-10-2006, 12:04 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
Errey is an idiot. The man gets dumber by teh game. All he does now is try and be cute and come up with Mike Lange-ish comments. Most the time he can't even correctly guess which had a penalty called on them, and he has a 50/50 shot at it. I'd really like to see him gone. I dont take anything he says ito consideration.

yeah because its clear that you know more about hockey then he does.

Old
01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Your Mother & Father were not brother & Sister were they OH well!! you know what they say if you can't keep it CLEAN KEEP ITTHE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've read this five times and still can't quite figure out what this means. Or if it is a coherent thought.

Edit: Oh, I get it now. Incest.

Old
01-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
I'm sensing a warning, no, a ban in your future. Save the hostility for the kovalchicken army.

Old
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Skk82

it is kinda annoying how errey and mike lange will gush and gush and gush all game about a player on the opposing team.

i don't know if they're trying to make efforts not to be 100% homers but the slurp-fest of opponents is growing old.

Old
01-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
INCEST!!1!11! HAHAHAHAHA JACOB HAS BEEN PWN3D!111!! MILLIONS(superman).
you're thaught prawcess intreeeg mee, ATRACTSHIN 2 FAMIWEE NOOOOT WELL!11!!!11YOU'OUR BROTHER+SISter OHwell KEEPITINTHEFAMILY HOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
enough.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread