HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Old
02-05-2012, 02:10 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

vCash: 500
You do realize that Gomez has a 7.3 million dollar cap hit, right?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Pleky Roks

I don't consider impatient people who can't handle losing REAL "Hab fans". Habs fans should be supportive of the team and go to the games because they love the Habs and everything they stand for. Sorry if I think going to a Hab game should be a positive thing....win or lose!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:11 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
I dont really care one way or another but its hardly unique to Habs fans
and really its nothing

NY, Phili, Boston with his production...ouch

Yankee fans wouldnt be booing they would be throwing batteries

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
I don't consider impatient people who can't handle losing REAL "Hab fans". Habs fans should be supportive of the team and go to the games because they love the Habs and everything they stand for. Sorry if I think going to a Hab game should be a positive thing....win or lose!!
Would you feel this way if the team finished 25th for the next five years, and ticket prices were not reflected? would it still be a positive experience then?

The Fans are _not_ overreacting. We've had 2 mediocre seasons in a row, followed by this awful one.

When I play pickup games of hockey or soccer with my friends, it is like you're describing a fun experience, win or lose.
When people start to act stupid or there's drama that breaks out week in a weak out, I'd stop going and it wouldn't be fun anymore,

And if I was paying 70$ per session to rent the gym, you bet your ass I would boo my "friends" at the game.

Last edited by Sir Jacques Demers: 02-05-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:18 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
And we're dead last in the conference

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
I'm quite aware of the money he makes!! The guys is overpaid...its no secret....and he's not producing at all this year.....its no secret either....but how on earth is booing him going to change anything???

Its not!! It just makes other players around the league take notice at how Hab fans treat their players when they are struggling.

There is a good reason why Vinny Lecavalier will NEVER play for Montreal!! He couldn't handle the pressure of being a high paid player!! A player struggles for 2 games and the entire city hates him and wants him traded....its soooo foolish!! The way people over-react is disgraceful!!

Old
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

That's why I admire Kovalev and Price. They took the booing, bounced back and played better. This guy can't.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
That's why I admire Kovalev and Price. They took the booing, bounced back and played better. This guy can't.

Who says?

He admitted to the media last off season that he had a poor season and vowed to be better this year.....then he missed most of the season with an injury and when he's been back in the lineup, he's been playing the wing on the 4th line with crappy players.

Let the guy play center with some decent wingers like DD has and maybe he'd produce a bit more. Crosby likely couldn't even produce playing on a line with Darche and Weber FFS....lol.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:35 AM
FinnHab

Gomez deserve all sh** he gets from fans. Hell, if ever get 7,5M$ paycheck for doing nothing, 22000 habs-fans can boo crap out of me anytime, any place!

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:38 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab73 View Post
Gomez deserve all sh** he gets from fans. Hell, if ever get 7,5M$ paycheck for doing nothing, 22000 habs-fans can boo crap out of me anytime, any place!
you wouldnt last a week.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:39 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
I'm quite aware of the money he makes!! The guys is overpaid...its no secret....and he's not producing at all this year.....its no secret either....but how on earth is booing him going to change anything???
He's one of the top cap-hits in the league no matter how you cut it or break it down - he's in between us getting a top-line UFA like Richards, Suter or Parise. The only reputation that is being hurt right now is Gomez's. He has a terrible contract, produces at a terrible rate and plays medicore hockey on a team that is DEAD LAST. If he's not jeered and booed we've failed as fans.

**** him, **** his agent, **** that trade.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
He's one of the top cap-hits in the league no matter how you cut it or break it down - he's in between us getting a top-line UFA like Richards, Suter or Parise. The only reputation that is being hurt right now is Gomez's. He has a terrible contract, produces at a terrible rate and plays medicore hockey on a team that is DEAD LAST. If he's not jeered and booed we've failed as fans.

**** him, **** his agent, **** that trade.

EPIC FAIL!!!

You're not a fan of the Habs in my eyes....sorry!!

Old
02-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
awww poor little Gomer...
awww poor baby...

awwwwwwwwwwww

did i say awww enough?

BOOO GOMEZ BOOOOOOOOOOO
your post is like Gomez - Awwwwwwww full

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:14 AM
larek

Quote:
If you don't like the product on the ice....DON'T GO TO THE GAMES!!!!

Empty seats are better than un-loyal fans that boo the team for losing a hockey game!!

If you're going to keep spending money on tickets and going to the games and supporting the team financially....then support the team by not booing them too!!! Its fine to be upset at the performance on the ice from time to time....but booing the players doesn't help things EVER!! It only makes it worse for them and makes them not want to play in Montreal!! Pretty soon, no decent hockey players will sign in Montreal for fear that they will be boo'd everytime they touch the puck and we'll have a team full of Mathieu Darches with no talent at all.....then what will the fans have to say???

There is soooo much un-needed negativity around the team lately that its sickening! You don't see Oiler fans booing their team every time they lose!! They understand and accept their team and support them regardless!!
its sold out no matter if fans show up or not- boo them all you want - anyways i havnt hardly hears any boos this season aside from when the PP looks atrocious and the last 3 minutes of a terribly played game by the team- maybe your watching soemthing else than the game and think you ehar boos all the time- ive watched evry game this season and i havnt heard much booing if you have video of it then post it please

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:17 AM
larek

Quote:
EPIC FAIL!!!

nobody cares about your eyes

Old
02-05-2012, 03:17 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
EPIC FAIL!!!

Because your opinion matters.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:19 AM
larek

Quote:

Its not!! It just makes other players around the league take notice at how Hab fans treat their players when they are struggling.

There is a good reason why Vinny Lecavalier will NEVER play for Montreal!! He couldn't handle the pressure of being a high paid player!! A player struggles for 2 games and the entire city hates him and wants him traded....its soooo foolish!! The way people over-react is disgraceful!!
LOL struggling for 2 games? i wish!! what your saying doesnt make sense in the real world and just will not happen its fiction

Old
02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Cyclones Rock

Some of the postings on this thread are really amazing.

The notion that a player can't be booed???? Are you guys serious??? I'm afraid that you are. LOL

What is happening to Scott Gomez in Montreal is a picnic.... a day at the beach..... a walk in the park compared to how he'd be treated in Philly or New York.

Should the Hab's power (less) play not be booed? Judging from what more than a few in this thread appear to be saying it ought instead be applauded to keep up the self esteem of the players on it

Per dollar of non-performance (CORSI and Fenwick aside) relative to fan abuse, Scott Gomez has been treated like a Prince by the fans of Montreal.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:34 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
thats what I thought

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:37 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Some of the postings on this thread are really amazing.

The notion that a player can't be booed???? Are you guys serious??? I'm afraid that you are. LOL

What is happening to Scott Gomez in Montreal is a picnic.... a day at the beach..... a walk in the park compared to how he'd be treated in Philly or New York.

Should the Hab's power (less) play not be booed? Judging from what more than a few in this thread appear to be saying it ought instead be applauded to keep up the self esteem of the players on it

Per dollar of non-performance (CORSI and Fenwick aside) relative to fan abuse, Scott Gomez has been treated like a Prince by the fans of Montreal.
he was booed soundly by ranger fans alot of the time when he even touched the puck- g he has had none of that in montreal and has played even worse than he did in gotham!!
i have no idea what some are talking about- scotty has been treated really well considering how horrible he has been

Old
02-05-2012, 05:30 AM
HabsByTheBay

Gomez can make this all go away tomorrow if he wants.

"Because of my play, I announce my immediate retirement from the NHL..."

Hey, I'd take the $8 million too, but when I haven't scored a goal for AN ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR, I would expect a boo or two.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:48 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
If anybody watched Antichambre yesterday, I for sure heard (from Chantal or someone that attended the practice) that Gomez was the first player to leave the ice (20 minutes in practice). ****, if I was having a terrible streak in any sport, I'd be ****ing practicing my ass off, stay late, shoot hundreds of pucks on the net, practice my ****ing ass off.... Did I say practice my ****ing ass off?

The guy leaves after 20 minutes... Maybe he had a good reason to, but come on, how can people say he's trying his best to get out of this slump? I haven't heard once this season, someone state that Gomez practiced like a mofo and stayed longer than everyone. In my opinion, it's like he doesn't care, just goes with the flow and accepted that he sucks.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:43 AM
wedge

I wasn't a fan of booing Brisebois, but I have to agree that Gomez totally deserves the sarcasm.

Wow at Carbonneau. It's amazing how these professionals coaches or athletes are clueless. They know absolutely nothing.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I don't know if everyone cheering for Gomez when he has the puck is cheering out of sarcasm or actually rooting for the guy. I feel that the majority of fans are cheering out of sarcasm. If thats the case then I'am disgraced to be a habs fan all standings/stats aside. Give the guy a ****ing break.

Sure he is extremely underachieving but wow I have never seen such a childish fanbase in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez ends up on suicide watch seriously. No wonder our team can't do squat because the media and fans are up everyones ass constantly and are gripping the sticks tight. I'm tired of this crap and tired of a bunch of classless fans whining and crying when one little thing doesn't go our way. NEWS FLASH: IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM!..They can just overcome it for the most part. But since we dwell on everything it makes things impossible to overcome. The fans, and media is a joke. So much so that the fans sarcastically cheer for a man who is obviously depressed, pressured and feels horrible for his non production.

I'm not here to bash all fans just a small amount. And I'm here to bash all media because the Montreal media is a graveyard for players when they don't perform, No wonder when we trade players that underachieve they all of a sudden score 30.
Fans and media are bush league in Montreal.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:47 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
If anybody watched Antichambre yesterday, I for sure heard (from Chantal or someone that attended the practice) that Gomez was the first player to leave the ice (20 minutes in practice). ****, if I was having a terrible streak in any sport, I'd be ****ing practicing my ass off, stay late, shoot hundreds of pucks on the net, practice my ****ing ass off.... Did I say practice my ****ing ass off?

The guy leaves after 20 minutes... Maybe he had a good reason to, but come on, how can people say he's trying his best to get out of this slump? I haven't heard once this season, someone state that Gomez practiced like a mofo and stayed longer than everyone. In my opinion, it's like he doesn't care, just goes with the flow and accepted that he sucks.
totally agree with you.
If we saw him play harder. Get in the danger zone. Shoot the puck more. Show that his sequence is a matter of bad luck and great saves by the opposing goaltender. What he's showing is the same crap game after game. I don't see any reason to cheer for him when he doesn't make the efforts to change. I don't know, but when I'm in a slump in my dek-hockey league, I change my style, crash the net, look for rebounds. I don't play peripherical (????) like Gomez does.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote