HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season over. Habs lose 3-0

Old
02-05-2012, 12:49 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I wish there was 3 games left. Not 30. With our luck, the Habs will finish 10th last and miss out of the best forwards...
Randy's 6-12-2, remember. He's perfectly capable of driving a good, relatively healthy roster right into the ground.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
OneSharpMarble

Gorges has been covering massivly for Subban almost every game. Multiple times I have seen Gorges yelling at Subban after another flubbed play. Take Gorges away from that pairing and the raving dimwits around here would be calling for Subbans head more than they do for Kaberle.

People rip on Kaberle but his main skill is setting guys up on the powerplay, the only problem is no one on this ****ing team can one time a damn puck anymore. Kaberle was never a good shooter, anyone with a brain knows this. He might be overpaid by a million or two but does that matter when we have deadbeats like Gionta and gomez eating up over 12million of our cap?

Prioritize people, we have bigger problems than Kaberle.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Gorges has been covering massivly for Subban almost every game. Multiple times I have seen Gorges yelling at Subban after another flubbed play. Take Gorges away from that pairing and the raving dimwits around here would be calling for Subbans head more than they do for Kaberle.

People rip on Kaberle but his main skill is setting guys up on the powerplay, the only problem is no one on this ****ing team can one time a damn puck anymore. Kaberle was never a good shooter, anyone with a brain knows this. He might be overpaid by a million or two but does that matter when we have deadbeats like Gionta and gomez eating up over 12million of our cap?

Prioritize people, we have bigger problems than Kaberle.
The problem with our PP is the whole set up.
He has Kaberle and PK on the point, neither in good positions for the one timers. He has MaxPac playing by the boards (cammy's/Kovalev's old position) when the guy can barely make a decent pass. He has two big bodies that like to crash the net playing together. The whole set up is wrong.

I think one unit should be Plek-DD-Cole, the other MaxPac-Eller-AK, and on the point it should be PK-Weber, Kaberle-Emelin. We can try alternating Eller and Plek, or Cole and MaxPac.
The fact we haven't even tried this is troubling frankly. It makes me feel like we've given up on the PP. That they really don't know what to do.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
CN_paladin

Jesus freaking Christ!!!

Look at those "fans" who are overly emotional who want to trade Gorges! They need to use their brains more often!

The one day when we can get rid of the French coach and nutjobs fans issues, our team will already have improved!

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:52 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Jesus freaking Christ!!!

Look at those "fans" who are overly emotional who want to trade Gorges! They need to use their brains more often!

The one day when we can get rid of the French coach and nutjobs fans issues, our team will already have improved!
i havnt see any trade gorges-- but if some think Gorges is a now a days Langway or robinson - LOL well they need to get an eye examination- if this is habs heart and soul they are in pretty bad shape
really on a good team Gorges should be no more than a decent 4th type generic stay at home Dman that isnt noticed a whole lot but does his job decently and quietly

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:56 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
What really sucks is there is still 30 games to play.. There is plenty of time for the Habs to climb in the standings. Other bad teams might also decided to tank and the Habs will have to out tank the tankers..

I wish there was 3 games left. Not 30. With our luck, the Habs will finish 10th last and miss out of the best forwards...
its quite likely, the play off pressure will be off them now too and they can just play
I can see them going on a mini tear....10th yeah

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
this thread is awesome, i get to see larek drunkposting, and i can update my ignore list

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:01 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
I would touch Carter, but only if Desharnais(he MUST), Bourque/AK, and/or one of our trash Dmen(i.e Kahberle, Crampoli, Hal Gill) are shipped out.
if you get carter, imo you HAVE to keep desharnais. carter is a shooter. if you have a shooter at center, you need a good playmaker on the wings. our best playmaker now is desharnais. move him to the wing lessens his defensive responsibilities. two stone, one bird or something like that

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:03 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
if you get carter, imo you HAVE to keep desharnais. carter is a shooter. if you have a shooter at center, you need a good playmaker on the wings. our best playmaker now is desharnais. move him to the wing lessens his defensive responsibilities. two stone, one bird or something like that
And with Carter as a center and Desharnais as the playmaker, all that's left for this line to be awesome is a powerforward: Darche!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:20 AM
durojean

Gorges is the prototype of a player that plays safe but never create anything.

durojean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:06 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Did not have to think too far and just to add oil to the fire:

Hockey : it is not all about scoring points.

He's a big part as of why we are 1st in league in PK. You trade Gorges, you open wide the doors in front of Price/Budaj, that is scoring chances that will make you loose game.
Haha kabooom ! Brick to forehead.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:50 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Gorges is the prototype of a player that plays safe but never create anything.
Marc-André Bergeron >>>>>> Josh Gorges

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote