HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Canucks Game

Old
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
RingWraith

vCash: 500
First Canucks Game

Indeed. On February 15th, I will be attending my first Canucks game live. Despite the less than markee matchup (Colorado), I am nothing short of stoked at the opportunity.

So I would like to extend a request for some advice from my Canucklehead brethen. Any suggestions as to how I can maximize my experience at Rogers Arena? Are there specific things to see, specific food to try, anything in particular that can be recommended?

RingWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Congrats. I'd recommend "pre-gaming" across the street somewhere like Shark club. Inside, there are a TON of food options. My personal fave being White Spot, but you can get that anywhere.

Their Nacho Grande are awesome those. THat i'd recommend. But make sure you have someone to share them with because they're huge. They're only available in a couple sections. Ask one of the people, I forgot what section it is but there is one on the lower bowl and upper bowl.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

You'd probably want to check out the game.

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
luongoisdaman

Go to Costco for the best food evar: Hot dog, fries and drink with refills for $4.24 tax included.

luongoisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Wellwood You

There's nothing special at the concessions at Rogers Arena. It's not like Safeco or AT&T park where you have to try the garlic fries as am experience.

I'd say show up early to catch the pregame skate. Even if your seats are in the upper bowl, you're allowed to head down to plaza level to take it in. That's about it.

Wellwood You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:36 AM
hankdank

That's awesome. I'll be at that game as well (I usually make it to one a season). Don't expect to be blown away by anything about the food at Rogers arena aside from the prices. Go for dinner/drinks before you get to the game and save some money.

Also, since you've never been before, I would definitely recommend getting there early to watch the warm ups. You can usually go right down to ice level to check it out.

Have fun!

hankdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:40 AM
BIitz

vCash: 50
Don't wear a Blackhawk jersey if you're at a playoff game, that's my advice!

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
Don't wear a Blackhawk jersey if you're at a playoff game, that's my advice!
The first playoff game I went to, someone got boo'd sooooo bad for doing this.

And rightfully so. But he was obvs trollin hard.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:01 AM
CurtisLoew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Congrats. I'd recommend "pre-gaming" across the street somewhere like Shark club. Inside, there are a TON of food options. My personal fave being White Spot, but you can get that anywhere.
On the contrary, I would recommend "pre-gaming" across the street beside the daycare as it will be shut by that point and the rules are B.Y.O.B. That spot is also a 420 friendly area.

CurtisLoew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:19 AM
DeveinedPgBc

go very early. walk the concourse, there are different things everywhere. bring your camera. sing the national anthem loud.....not like everyone else at rogers arena (it is REALLY disapointing when the crowd half ***** the anthem or chat through it), meet your neighbours in your seats (i reccomend this for anywhere, anytime in life!), don't get too drunk (i am sure you know your own limit), afterwards walk up to granville and hit some clubs/pubs , set some time aside to hit the team store which is built onto the arena (it is open all day. go early if possible). HAVE FUN AND DON'T BE AN *******!

DeveinedPgBc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

A few pieces of advice for me...

Building generally opens 1 hour before puckdrop (7PM start time, 6PM open). As has been suggested, I'd head downtown early for some dinner in close proximity to the arena. Costco has been mentioned as a cheap alternative (I used to do lunches there from time to time when I worked downtown), as has the Shark Club. My personal favorite is Rosie's on Robson. You frequently get fans from out of town travelling in to see both the Canucks and the opposition there, and the general area is packed with Canuck fans.

Head to the building around 6PM and take a look around. Go down low to the ice to see the teams warm up. Once they're done, quickly visit areas like the Bourdon exhibit, the Hall of Heroes, and even shop at the Team Store.

Once the game's on, just enjoy the show. And cheer hard!

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellwood You View Post
There's nothing special at the concessions at Rogers Arena. It's not like Safeco or AT&T park where you have to try the garlic fries as am experience.

I'd say show up early to catch the pregame skate. Even if your seats are in the upper bowl, you're allowed to head down to plaza level to take it in. That's about it.
haha. Actually, as a matter of fact, the garlic fries at West Coast fries, at section 114, I think, are an absolute must try. They use fresh chopped garlic and really pile it on, it's awesome.

The fresh hot-dog place at around section 120 is also fantastic, they make the buns there fresh, and have a huge array of toppings. If you get a hot dog, make sure to get it there.

The mexican place upstairs is also quite good, as are the roast beef sandwiches that are around in a few places.

I used to work there so I've had just about everything, and those were the standouts.

Another tip: It's easy to get right down to the ice for the warmup, regardless of where you're sitting to get an up close look at the players. If you get down there right when the building opens, you can get right behind the bench, but those spots fill up fast. The warmup starts 30min or so before puck drop.

express is offline   Reply With Quote