HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Aussie King

vCash: 500
Throw everything at NJ for Parise.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
Throw everything at NJ for Parise.
And then throw our playoff hopes and the future in there as well.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Nex06

While I don't think that those Philly rumors about Richards were correct, I am starting to doubt Carter. Too risky, with his long contract, I've changed my mind. In general I don't like players who start playing like crap because they don't like the club.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

kinda hoping to see a trade sooner than later....like today would be nice.

Hopefully we arent sellers by the deadline.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:30 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
While I don't think that those Philly rumors about Richards were correct, I am starting to doubt Carter. Too risky, with his long contract, I've changed my mind. In general I don't like players who start playing like crap because they don't like the club.
Or maybe it is because he just moved to a crappy team and is learning a new system with players he has never played with before and on top of it is not 100% healthy and has been injured.

No one can deny he brings the three top elements we need.

Speed to push back other teams Defense
Scoring ability and the pedigree to score 40
The ability to bring scoring from the winged position

He is a first line player, a PP threat, plays shorthanded, plays great defense and has an ability to play wing and center.

People are worried about his 5.2 mil cap hit, but where else will you get a sniper for that. Everyone says Parise, but he will be a 7 mil a year guy, and may snub L.A like every other free agent in the past. The last 3 years of his contract are low as well and a buy out if necessary wouldn't be that bad

I personally think this is a perfect fit for the team. Maybe they need a bad boy to wake them up

Old
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Or maybe it is because he just moved to a crappy team and is learning a new system with players he has never played with before and on top of it is not 100% healthy and has been injured.

No one can deny he brings the three top elements we need.

Speed to push back other teams Defense
Scoring ability and the pedigree to score 40
The ability to bring scoring from the winged position

He is a first line player, a PP threat, plays shorthanded, plays great defense and has an ability to play wing and center.

People are worried about his 5.2 mil cap hit, but where else will you get a sniper for that. Everyone says Parise, but he will be a 7 mil a year guy, and may snub L.A like every other free agent in the past. The last 3 years of his contract are low as well and a buy out if necessary wouldn't be that bad

I personally think this is a perfect fit for the team. Maybe they need a bad boy to wake them up
I am not against getting a bad boy at all. I am worried about other things. I want to get a player who is addicted to winning and will do everything for the team. For the team he is currently playing for. While I can't deny the possible positives he could bring to the team, I do believe that his commitment to winning could be questioned. It went even that far that Carter had to say in public that he hasn't requested trade. Officially he hasn't, but you can ask for trade by just showing no real determination, while your contract says that you should be one of the team leaders. I think we can all agree that he hasn't shown any leadership in his new team.

I am worried that Carter will simply be another Penner, I see many similarities.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Shellz

I think the only thing I worry about Carter is that people have been saying he plays better at center than wing. I know that he's a professional and would have to live with it or whatever. Not sure what to think.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Ollie Weeks

My feelings right now.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Vino

Jeff Carter is just like Tomas Kaberle. Size, skill and skating is there, but no guts or heart - Carter is waste of money and capspace.

I think core (Quick, Doughty, Voinov, Johnson, Green, Kopitar, Williams, Brown, Richards, Clifford) is okay, but we need reorganize supporting cast. Because this team is not a true contender, we should sell players, not buy them. Players like Stoll or Penner don't have much value, but what is Willie Mitchell's tradevalue now? Maybye higher than ever? Is 1st round pick enough? A very good prospect and 3rd round pick?

Old
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
DontgoZiggy

I'm still hoping DL trades for him. The guy has the skills we need, he's about the only guy that has that skillset, that appears available. DL should know him very well and would know what he's worth.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Jeff Carter is just like Tomas Kaberle. Size, skill and skating is there, but no guts or heart - Carter is waste of money and capspace.

I think core (Quick, Doughty, Voinov, Johnson, Green, Kopitar, Williams, Brown, Richards, Clifford) is okay, but we need reorganize supporting cast. Because this team is not a true contender, we should sell players, not buy them. Players like Stoll or Penner don't have much value, but what is Willie Mitchell's tradevalue now? Maybye higher than ever? Is 1st round pick enough? A very good prospect and 3rd round pick?

Exactly look at our "core" It looks damn good really.

Core: Quick, Doughty, Johnson, Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Williams, Voynov, Greene

Support: Richardson, Stoll, Penner, Lewis, Fraser, Loktionov, Scuderi, Hunter, Westgarth

Then you get the vets like Mitchell which I wouldn't categorize them as support or core but somewhere in between.

One of those lists is significantly worse then the other.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Ollie Weeks

Regarding the bottom 6, I've wanted Chad LaRose for a while now. Physical, tireless worker, and not scared to shoot the puck. I think he'd be a great sparkplug next to Loktionov and Lewis, and would somewhat address both needs of the bottom 6: grit and scoring. He's signed next season as well, CAP hit is 1.7, I think LaRose is well worth moving forward with.

We should also be gunning for Travis Moen. Not the greatest scorer but tons of size and veteran experience. Guy's been to the playoffs each of the past 6 years, made it out of the first round twice, won the the Cup once. He know where its at. In my warped mind he would be akin to the Freddy Modin pickup in terms of playoff experience. If not this season, over the summer.

Those guys are my favourite choices. Moving forward they'd oust Richardson and Hunter from their current spots in the lineup. Richie could be a spare, Hunter could go **** himself. LaRose/Loktionov/Lewis, Clifford/Fraser/Moen.

As for the top 6, Stoll and Penner are as good as gone and Gagne's a potato. It is time to stop dicking around. Jeff Carter is available? Trade for Jeff Carter. I don't care if he's handcuffing Lombardi's replacement's replacement. I'll likely be expecting the birth of my second child or some damn thing. Stop worrying that far into the future, there are problems NOW that shouldn't exist. A goal is a goal is a goal. The buck stops there.

***TL;DR: Carter and LaRose, please. Moen would be nice too.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Under the right circumstances, I think the Kings may have to consider trading Dustin Brown. To me, the right circumstances would involve two young emerging players for Brown, similar to what the Kings did when they dealt Nicholls for Sandstrom and Granato.

It's a big IF, but if Winnipeg was going to move Evander Kane, I'd try to pry Blake Wheeler (or Bryan Little) with him for Dustin Brown.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:46 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

This team is far from a lock for the playoffs; if they fail to qualify then Lombardi is out as there is no way to justify regressing for two straight seasons plus trading one of the "prizes" earned for one of the **** seasons in Schenn in a trade that is not really working out well at the moment. I love Richards, don't get me wrong, but he has been trash for a month and the years immediately following the trade were supposed to be the ones in which the Kings "won" the trade.

What I'm getting at is that Lombardi has to be all-in with this squad because his job is riding on them. His reluctance to trade prospects or "the core"--a core that is semi-rotten to begin with--will wane if the Kings are still treading water at the end of this month. I'm beginning to fear a Parrish-type scenario as DL worries more about his job and now what is best for this team moving forward.

I don't think that AEG will allow a trade for Carter as they are probably a little weary of Lombardi and his talent evaluation at this point. Will they want to greenlight paying a 10-year contract on the advice of Mr. 5-6-7-How-Long-Have-I-Been-Here-Plan? Highly doubt it unless all they care about is playoff revenue this season.

This team can not be fixed this month. Time to accept that fact. You can cry "system!" all you want, but the bottom line is that this team--as a whole--is garbage together. There needs to be a paradigm shift in the thinking behind how to build this team. The core has not met expectations and it is time to accept that they never will. A shake-up has to be made and the careless usage of the word "untouchable" needs to stop. Every player in this league is tradeable and many teams have shown you can do a quick rebuild on the fly if you have some solid pieces already in place. This league is about scoring now: not defense. It's time to move pieces from back there with everyone being an option. As much as you may want to brag about this team's defense, a lot of it is due to #32.

I'd like Lombardi to stand pat unless he can get a good Bottom-6 player with 10-goal potential and a nasty streak who is also not a rental. I don't want him moving pieces that the next GM could use in the off-season for something better. This is the crap team he created so he needs to ride it into the ground and not reach in an effort to save his job.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:24 PM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Sources also say it will set in the west.

If your source on this one was Ecklund.. It won't happen.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Exactly look at our "core" It looks damn good really.

Core: Quick, Doughty, Johnson, Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Williams, Voynov, Greene

Support: Richardson, Stoll, Penner, Lewis, Fraser, Loktionov, Scuderi, Hunter, Westgarth

Then you get the vets like Mitchell which I wouldn't categorize them as support or core but somewhere in between.

One of those lists is significantly worse then the other.
Out of the support cast, I keep Richardson, Lewis, Fraser, and Lotkionov, and see what you can get for the rest, chances are Hunter and Westgarth can't be traded, but you trade Stoll, Penner, and Scuderi/Mitchell,

Get what you can and let Martinez have a regular slot.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I think the only thing I worry about Carter is that people have been saying he plays better at center than wing. I know that he's a professional and would have to live with it or whatever. Not sure what to think.
Yep, my feelings as well. Carter would be on top of my list, if he can be just as productive as a wing as he is at center.

Old
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
This team is far from a lock for the playoffs; if they fail to qualify then Lombardi is out as there is no way to justify regressing for two straight seasons plus trading one of the "prizes" earned for one of the **** seasons in Schenn in a trade that is not really working out well at the moment. I love Richards, don't get me wrong, but he has been trash for a month and the years immediately following the trade were supposed to be the ones in which the Kings "won" the trade.

What I'm getting at is that Lombardi has to be all-in with this squad because his job is riding on them. His reluctance to trade prospects or "the core"--a core that is semi-rotten to begin with--will wane if the Kings are still treading water at the end of this month. I'm beginning to fear a Parrish-type scenario as DL worries more about his job and now what is best for this team moving forward.

I don't think that AEG will allow a trade for Carter as they are probably a little weary of Lombardi and his talent evaluation at this point. Will they want to greenlight paying a 10-year contract on the advice of Mr. 5-6-7-How-Long-Have-I-Been-Here-Plan? Highly doubt it unless all they care about is playoff revenue this season.

This team can not be fixed this month. Time to accept that fact. You can cry "system!" all you want, but the bottom line is that this team--as a whole--is garbage together. There needs to be a paradigm shift in the thinking behind how to build this team. The core has not met expectations and it is time to accept that they never will. A shake-up has to be made and the careless usage of the word "untouchable" needs to stop. Every player in this league is tradeable and many teams have shown you can do a quick rebuild on the fly if you have some solid pieces already in place. This league is about scoring now: not defense. It's time to move pieces from back there with everyone being an option. As much as you may want to brag about this team's defense, a lot of it is due to #32.

I'd like Lombardi to stand pat unless he can get a good Bottom-6 player with 10-goal potential and a nasty streak who is also not a rental. I don't want him moving pieces that the next GM could use in the off-season for something better. This is the crap team he created so he needs to ride it into the ground and not reach in an effort to save his job.
You are pretty close to right on and I'm glad more people are starting to question Lombardi's utter incompetence. Hopefully he will be gone after this year.

Old
02-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Under the right circumstances, I think the Kings may have to consider trading Dustin Brown. To me, the right circumstances would involve two young emerging players for Brown, similar to what the Kings did when they dealt Nicholls for Sandstrom and Granato.

It's a big IF, but if Winnipeg was going to move Evander Kane, I'd try to pry Blake Wheeler (or Bryan Little) with him for Dustin Brown.
It's going to take Brown+ to get Kane, not Kane+ to get Brown.

Old
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Someone mentioned Connolly earlier...anything dealing with Bernier to Tampa better start with Connolly. Bernier + D-man + pick for Connolly + x.

I wouldn't mind Malone, but if him and Bernier are the main pieces for each other, I will buy an old stranger danger white van and happily drive the fire DL bandwagon.

Old
02-05-2012, 06:21 PM
KingCanadain1976

i really dont think we have to worry about malone with his nmc I don't see him waving it to come west. If he did he d be losing a ton of cash with the tax laws

Old
02-05-2012, 06:28 PM
fyrescorp

Nothing against the posters wanting Moen, but I can't help but think people will want Sami Paulsson next and get Teemu for the stretch run. Then the Kings would be full of ex-Ducks. Yuck.

Let's Paul Kariya while we are at it. He's available.

Old
02-05-2012, 06:32 PM
johnjm22

What's frustrating to me, is that our pipeline is so depleted in the area we need it the most; scoring forwards. We have no forwards that we can call up to try and give us a scoring boost.

Dean has been here for 6 years, and hasn't been able to draft a single top 6 forward. (With the exception of maybe Simmonds)

It seems like some organizations are able to consistently draft scoring forwards with out needing top 10 picks.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Out of the support cast, I keep Richardson, Lewis, Fraser, and Lotkionov, and see what you can get for the rest, chances are Hunter and Westgarth can't be traded, but you trade Stoll, Penner, and Scuderi/Mitchell,

Get what you can and let Martinez have a regular slot.
Out of those I only keep Lokti, Scuds and Mitchell(depending on how much he wants)

Lewis and Richie just can't score. Keep one not both.

I'm hoping next year or year after our 4th line will be Clifford-Anderof-Nolan. That sounds fun

Old
02-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Kings4thecup

What about a flyer on Pacioretty? One more year left at like 1.6 then an RFA. Seems like the concensus is Montreal will be sellers, it might be time to pick some of the fruit. Definate upgrade over Penner for Richards to play with.

Closed Thread