HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 07:22 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Guys, Ellis WAS the captain of his team.

Really, WS?

Really?

Old
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I guess I missed the memo, but what's happening to Dustin Walsh? Can this guy be free of injuries at some point?
hip injury again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Hows Kristo? I'm feeling he could end up like McDonnagh... Great College career, never came to camps due to NCAA Rules, so barely anyone talks about him, letting him develop properly. I just hope we don't trade him and see what he can bring to the Club...

I think hes forced to go to the AHL/NHL next year right? Or is he eligible for 1 more year @ UND
Kristo can return to UND next year if he wants to graduate. He's having a good season but has had some problems with consistency as ND is top heavy as his line pretty much has to score in order for his team to win.

Old
02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
??

I am an expert and that is definitely photo shopped. I can tell by the pixels.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:35 AM
FrankMTL

Gallagher with a goal and an assist last night.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Really, WS?

Really?
Somehow, I'm missing something...

Old
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I think they're just being sarcastic, aka Trolling... recall that one Gorges argument about whether or not he captained Kelowna to win the memorial cup?

It's a non-story anyway....

Old
02-04-2012, 11:25 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Following in the steps of the almighty "imaginary Captain" Gorges.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Going to see the Cataractes vs the Sea Dogs this afternoon (Bournival, Ellis vs Beaulieu), will report anything awesome or woesome.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Going to see the Cataractes vs the Sea Dogs this afternoon (Bournival, Ellis vs Beaulieu), will report anything awesome or woesome.
One thing I noticed on Beaulieu...he reminds me of Kris LeSunnyDelight...similar style, uses his skating to generate offense.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
One thing I noticed on Beaulieu...he reminds me of Kris LeSunnyDelight...similar style, uses his skating to generate offense.
Yeah, and in fact his skating is so good he can come back in time to correct a mistake, most of the time, well, at least at the junior level. One thing I noticed, he's got an awful lot of PIMs, I wonder if it's because he's aggressive, or just undisciplined... I'll take a look at his D-zone coverage.

Bournival, I'll just look at how complete he could become, his offense, his 2-way game, D-zone activity...

And Ellis, never saw him play, but can't wait

Old
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yeah, and in fact his skating is so good he can come back in time to correct a mistake, most of the time, well, at least at the junior level. One thing I noticed, he's got an awful lot of PIMs, I wonder if it's because he's aggressive, or just undisciplined... I'll take a look at his D-zone coverage.

Bournival, I'll just look at how complete he could become, his offense, his 2-way game, D-zone activity...

Bournival reminds me of TJ Oshie. Decent 2nd line guy or high end 3rd liner.

Ellis isn't a flshy guy you'll notice right away but he is just soooo solid and reliable.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:48 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Bournival reminds me of TJ Oshie. Decent 2nd line guy or high end 3rd liner.

Ellis isn't a flshy guy you'll notice right away but he is just soooo solid and reliable.
Oshie's motor is on a different level though.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Sorry for having started that. Just one of my all time favorite Habs board idiosyncrasies.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:20 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I was about to say if Bournival plays like Oshie we are in for a treat.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched Bennett/Pateryn last night, not the best night for either but not bad either, still on the top pairing together and getting PP/PK time. Big win for Michigan over their conference rivals, should be an interesting rematch tonight as it was getting pretty chippy between both sides as it's a huge series for both teams as they inch closer to the playoffs next month.

I recorded the Denver game so I'll watch Didier at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I was about to say if Bournival plays like Oshie we are in for a treat.
I'll have a better feel for Bournival next year, but in the games i've seen I don't see him being like Oshie at all. Would be outstanding if so but I don't see him having the same sandpaper to his game. I really like how Bournival plays though, works hard all the time and is smart, really looking forward to seeing how it goes for him in the AHL.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched Bennett/Pateryn last night, not the best night for either but not bad either, still on the top pairing together and getting PP/PK time. Big win for Michigan over their conference rivals, should be an interesting rematch tonight as it was getting pretty chippy between both sides as it's a huge series for both teams as they inch closer to the playoffs next month.

I recorded the Denver game so I'll watch Didier at some point.

I'll have a better feel for Bournival next year, but in the games i've seen I don't see him being like Oshie at all. Would be outstanding if so but I don't see him having the same sandpaper to his game. I really like how Bournival plays though, works hard all the time and is smart, really looking forward to seeing how it goes for him in the AHL.
Who would you compare Pateryn to? From limited viewing he reminds me of Eric Brewer.

Old
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:

Apparently Beaulieu had a tonne of fighting majors at the start of the year. I remember everyone talking about how it was good he was sticking up for team mates even though he was a bad fighter.

Old
02-04-2012, 08:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Who would you compare Pateryn to? From limited viewing he reminds me of Eric Brewer.
He reminds me a little of Morgan Eliis but less offense

Old
02-04-2012, 09:05 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
IMO Kristo is a better comparison to Oshie

Old
02-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Back from the game, twas a good, intense game from the beginning to the end, 2 probable suspensions from hits to the head (Sea Dogs Jason Cameron on Cats Kabanov, and Cats Jonathan Racine on a player I don't remember), fortunately players kept playing, Gormley seemed to have hurt his ankle at some point, but came back...

Beaulieu is a monster ! Was everywhere, was decent enough defensively to not hurt his team, did not pinch too much, delivers a lot of hits, and was even dirty at times, was nearly always into the middle of some 'after the whistle' rumble. Had a great, and I mean great assist on Roussel's goal, might be only 1 game, but a damn impressive one...

Bournival, was great on the forecheck in the 1st, was creating offense, seemed to be a pain to play against, then in the 2nd, I don't remember even seeing him do something worth to see. In the 3rd, he was more implicated, but still... uneven show, he's a pain around the net, along the boards, doesn't have great vision, but still works hard. Sometimes though, it seems his work ain't doing much... 1 game !

Ellis, well as Carey Price said, is steady, unspectacular, but solid ! So calm, poised, doesn't panic, and has enough vision and a decent enough shot to still develop his offense further IMO. Really liked him.

For the Cataractes, Zlobin, WAY better than what I saw him do last year, impressive with the puck, his shot is pretty good too. Great hands, good vision, and his skating is decent enough to not hinder him. Was way more visible in the 1st though, than other periods. Not necessarily the most intense guy, nor isn't very physical though. But I wouldn't mind if the Habs took a flyer on him with a 4th or 5th rounder. Or sign him as an unrestricted agent.

Maximilien Le Sieur, undrafted, and I wonder why... great skater, dangerous in PK, decent shot, decent enough hands to deke goalies. Decent size too... wouldn't mind him either, but later.

For the Sea Dogs, Danick Gauthier, from what I saw, has a pretty good 2-way game already, at one point, a D pinched in offense, and Gauthier took his place for a while, until the D came back, and wasn't lost at all. Good size, decent speed, works hard, and I saw him in some scrum, where 2 guys went after him, but didn't seem to do anything bad (was yapping though).

And Maxime Villemaire, not a whole lot of skill, he's a grinder, but a very intense one. Good size, hits everyone, and stirs the pot. He was visible, and always in the action. Not sure he has alot of potential, but was interesting to watch.

Was very disappointed with Huberdeau, couldn't do anything with the puck, sometimes he didn't even seem to try... the guy has a lot of skill, and I suppose it's just a game off, but well, didn't like him one bit. Very impressed by Zack Phillips though, the puck was glued to his stick, good speed, creativity, vision, and hands, was always dangerous with the puck. Coyle, big, skates well, but not a lot of creativity there, enters the zone and shoots...

Anyway, those are the ones I remember.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Back from the game, twas a good, intense game from the beginning to the end, 2 probable suspensions from hits to the head (Sea Dogs Jason Cameron on Cats Kabanov, and Cats Jonathan Racine on a player I don't remember), fortunately players kept playing, Gormley seemed to have hurt his ankle at some point, but came back...

Beaulieu is a monster ! Was everywhere, was decent enough defensively to not hurt his team, did not pinch too much, delivers a lot of hits, and was even dirty at times, was nearly always into the middle of some 'after the whistle' rumble. Had a great, and I mean great assist on Roussel's goal, might be only 1 game, but a damn impressive one...

Bournival, was great on the forecheck in the 1st, was creating offense, seemed to be a pain to play against, then in the 2nd, I don't remember even seeing him do something worth to see. In the 3rd, he was more implicated, but still... uneven show, he's a pain around the net, along the boards, doesn't have great vision, but still works hard. Sometimes though, it seems his work ain't doing much... 1 game !

Ellis, well as Carey Price said, is steady, unspectacular, but solid ! So calm, poised, doesn't panic, and has enough vision and a decent enough shot to still develop his offense further IMO. Really liked him.

For the Cataractes, Zlobin, WAY better than what I saw him do last year, impressive with the puck, his shot is pretty good too. Great hands, good vision, and his skating is decent enough to not hinder him. Was way more visible in the 1st though, than other periods. Not necessarily the most intense guy, nor isn't very physical though. But I wouldn't mind if the Habs took a flyer on him with a 4th or 5th rounder. Or sign him as an unrestricted agent.

Maximilien Le Sieur, undrafted, and I wonder why... great skater, dangerous in PK, decent shot, decent enough hands to deke goalies. Decent size too... wouldn't mind him either, but later.

For the Sea Dogs, Danick Gauthier, from what I saw, has a pretty good 2-way game already, at one point, a D pinched in offense, and Gauthier took his place for a while, until the D came back, and wasn't lost at all. Good size, decent speed, works hard, and I saw him in some scrum, where 2 guys went after him, but didn't seem to do anything bad (was yapping though).

And Maxime Villemaire, not a whole lot of skill, he's a grinder, but a very intense one. Good size, hits everyone, and stirs the pot. He was visible, and always in the action. Not sure he has alot of potential, but was interesting to watch.

Was very disappointed with Huberdeau, couldn't do anything with the puck, sometimes he didn't even seem to try... the guy has a lot of skill, and I suppose it's just a game off, but well, didn't like him one bit. Very impressed by Zack Phillips though, the puck was glued to his stick, good speed, creativity, vision, and hands, was always dangerous with the puck. Coyle, big, skates well, but not a lot of creativity there, enters the zone and shoots...

Thx for the report, I wish I was there but couldnt attend this game.. nice to hear Beaulieu played well..

Old
02-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Great report! Thanks. As for LeSieur, there's just no upside there. and wouldn't be a bottom 6 player as well. Compared to Gauthier who I can see filling a bottom 6 role if needed.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:58 AM
EveryDay

Tinordi now first in the OHL with + 31 in 33 games!!!

Old
02-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
IMO Kristo is a better comparison to Oshie
Not at all.

Oshie is a powerfull little bugger who thrives in traffic. Kristo plays much more of a perimeter game and isn't very strong at all.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:39 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Ellis is the prospect of the month for Hockeys future.... what the hell? where did that come from?

Closed Thread