HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Visiting Fans

Old
02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Best Visiting Fans

Last night had me thinking... which team has the best visiting fans?

This is not an excuse to flame. Don't generalize fan bases. Do not bring up names.

Last edited by TMI: 02-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Honestly Wings fans aren't usually that bad.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
codeyh

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Vancouver had some pretty good fans as well. hate the team, but the fans were awesome to talk to.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I'd go along with Vancouver. Hurricanes a close second.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:27 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Honestly Wings fans aren't usually that bad.
You must be talking about a team from a different sports league, because they're just as bad as Blues, Blackhawks and Sabres fans to me/whoever is with me.

Vancouver fans are alright. Canes fans are pretty cool also. I had a nice chat with a few Stars fans last time they visited us, they were fairly pleasant.

Last edited by TMI: 02-05-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: no need
zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Kings fans, because there are not many that come to our barn

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
You must be talking about a team from a different sports league, because they're just as bad as Blues, Blackhawks and Sabres fans to me/whoever is with me.
Wings fans don't usually bother me aside from how many of them there are. I mean they're passionate but in my (frequent) experiences with them they don't generally cross a line or do anything straight up obnoxious.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
WartracePred

Without a doubt, Thrasher fans are the BEST.

In all honesty, fans from Canadian teams are usually so shocked that we're nothing like what they expect, they show a bit more respect.

Blues, Hawks, and Red Wings fans are all mostly *******s. There are exceptions, but the majority are just drunk jerks when they come to town.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Idk, I wasnt at the game last night... But ive had some bad run ins with STL fans.

Do ATL fans count? Cause they were always great

But since they probably dont count id say DET fans truly arent that bad

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:00 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Blues and Blackhawks are by far the worst. No problems with any others, including Red Wings.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
SavageSteve

I actually dealt well with the 'Nucks fans last year and liked seeing the Green Guy's (Force and Sully). Had a kid from South Dakota sit next to me that was a 'Nucks fan for Game 6 last year and was cool and respectful. I can also say that the Habs fans were alright too.

Most of the Blues folks last night were not THAT bad w/ a few exceptions (the idiot that kept bringing up Super Bowl 34 and Mike Jones for example as a feminine hygiene wash that we kept baiting because he was getting purple-mad and stupid) and should be loud and cheer for their team as we would our own. Most of them just wanted to know where things were here in town while waiting in line in the restrooms. I had no urge to want to jump anyone like I used to see 20 years ago... when I grew up in StL and can say that I like being a Nashvillian much better!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Hurricanes and Thrashers.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:18 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Canadian fans from any team. They come to see hockey, not stir up crap. They appreciate good hockey, and aren't sore losers if their team doesn't win.

Atlanta fans were also always good.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Canadian fans from any team. They come to see hockey, not stir up crap. They appreciate good hockey, and aren't sore losers if their team doesn't win.

Agreed, as well as hurricanes fans are pretty cool

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:21 PM
adsfan

I was at a Panthers game around Christmas. Toronto fans seemed to be 1/3 of the 20,400 crowd. They were loud but not obnoxious during the 5-3 Florida win. Nobody wearing Leafs gear said anything on the way out or caused trouble that I saw or heard.

On the other hand, I was at a Brewers-Cubs game about 12 years ago and two Blackhawks fans were tossed for causing trouble. One kept yelling at and giving the finger to a Brewers bullpen pitcher until the 3rd or 4th inning. The other (his buddy from the next seat) started arguing with the 70 year old usher about 3 innings later and was asked to leave by two Milwaukee County Sheriffs Deputies. The guy sitting next to me and the fourth guy (not wearing jerseys) never said a word the entire game.

Last edited by adsfan: 02-05-2012 at 05:30 PM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:34 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
My top 2 worst experiences came from a Canadian visitor who was being a real dbag outside the arena while we were waiting to cross the street. "Hey do you guys sell any tickets yet, do you people even understand the game, etc etc etc" Loud and obnoxious for all to hear.

The other is easily Blues fans that I've had the displeasure of sitting beside.

I actually had a pretty pleasant experience sitting beside 2 Jackets fans one night. They were nice and funny. We lost in OT that night and they weren't jerks about it.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:38 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

I would concur but it should be Canadiens fans We actually got some compliments after our game down there this season.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

I have never been to a Blues game (but I heard they are worse than Wing fans). I will never attend another Wings game. I don't care if it's game 4 of the WCF's and we are ahead 3-0 in the series. Passion is one thing but a hockey game is no excuse to be a drunken A-hole.

Wild fans are pretty cool, Blackhawk fans were great (when their team stunk), Open minded Canadian team fans are awsome but the "you don't deserve a team" type makes you want to choke them until their eyes are purple. You wonder why those type even bother to come here to a game.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
RaiderDoug

For some reason, I never minded the Wing fans. They've helped fill the barn when we weren't doing well at the gate, and have been generally well behaved.

The fairweather Blackhawk and Blues fans that are coming out of the woodwork now that those teams are competitive - those annoy the $#!) out of me.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
AEM6729

When I went to MSG this year I was surprised by how cool Rangers fans were. I was definitely expecting some heckling, but there was only one guy who was kind of a jerk when I tried to get to my seat wearing my gold jersey. Everyone else was either really friendly or indifferent...even though we didn't even score a goal. I thought for sure once we started losing the smack talk would start but nobody heckled us during the game or while we were leaving or anything. It was a great experience.

My goal is to go to all 29 NHL cities. Once I've done that I'll adjust my opinion of who is best!

Edit: I realize the Rangers fans don't count as visiting fans. In that case I vote for the Canucks (even though on here they're all obnoxious, in real life they were pretty cool).

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
CloakroomCrusader

I think the Wings fans don't stir up trouble because so many of them live here. It's like when you have a party in your house, everyone feels free to make a mess of the place because it's not their house.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

I had some Vancouver fans behind during a playoff game last year that I wanted to beat the crap out of, but in general most of the ones I talked to just told me about how much they enjoyed Nashville and our fan base. I've never really had a problem with fans from another team. At least not on the same level as I've had at college football games. I'm sure plenty of you know what I mean by that.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

The only time I really mind Wings fans is when they score and they stand up and do the Don Cherry Dance.

I can't find a youtube of it (though there's a small portion of it in his Coach's Corner open) but the arms are outstretched and they pivot back and forth with this "look at me, see what I did" expression.

Yeah, I see. I see that you're now off balance and I COULD knock you off that pedestal and possibly to the lower level. But that would be inhospitable... Grumble grumble.

But other than that, I don't really mind them.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

For what it's worth, I've been to games in five arenas besides Nashville. I've done LA, Anaheim, Florida, St. Louis and Colorado. Mostly non-traditional markets but the only one where I've really had anything that would be called "measurable negativity" was St. Louis. Shocker I know. Anaheim has a few scattered ones but I think that's because we own them and they're annoyed.

With that said I know that the majority of all fans are fine.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Nitrous Mafia

i hate them all.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote