HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

All or nothing

Old
02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
All or nothing

Which teams would you trade Kings for? You can trade players and players only. Not even coaches with them. You have to trade all players, you can't keep anyone and that includes all prospects. What you get back is the same. All players of that team, with their contracts, everyone from their farm. Picks are not subject of trade.

I want to see what we REALLY think about state of the franchise, because it has been subject for last couple of hours.

Here is list of teams, just to make it easier. Go through and either check or strike.

Anaheim Ducks
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Calgary Flames
Carolina Hurricanes
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Columbus Blue Jackets
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Edmonton Oilers
Florida Panthers
Minnesota Wild
Montreal Canadiens
Nashville Predators
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Phoenix Coyotes
Pittsburgh Penguins
Ottawa Senators
San Jose Sharks
St Louis Blues
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs
Vancouver Canucks
Washington Capitals
Winnipeg Jets

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I'm fine with the team. It's the direction from management that is the problem.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I'm fine with the team. It's the direction from management that is the problem.
Ok but you are serious that you wouldn't trade the Kings for any other team? Remember, you can get ANY team in the league.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
TheSlovenian

I like the Red Wings. Just because of Muršak.

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:12 PM
vital

Instead of trading one team for another, you can always just root for another team. I wouldn't trade this team for any other and its not because I believe they are the best team. But I have grown to like each and every player on the team.

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:11 PM
damacles1156

Im fine with the players minus (Stoll+Penner). I think Lewis and Richardson would be a little better in a more fluid system.

Need a GM+Coach to get the Kings into scoring area's Consistantly.

It has to be from the top down though. The whole Organization has to buy in (Manchester too).

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital View Post
Instead of trading one team for another, you can always just root for another team. I wouldn't trade this team for any other and its not because I believe they are the best team. But I have grown to like each and every player on the team.
I completely understand what you are saying, but you would get to like the new players as well. What is not to like about Crosby? Ok, Malkin then. Alright, Fleury. Oh, forget it.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Ok but you are serious that you wouldn't trade the Kings for any other team? Remember, you can get ANY team in the league.
Put Lombardi/Sutter with another team and you will see a bad offense. It's their MO.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
JR28

Quote:
Put Lombardi/Sutter with another team and you will see a bad offense. It's their MO.
I don't buy this talk that because of Lombardi/Sutter as the reason why this team is horrible offensively. I don't know why, maybe it is the wrong players (which nobody thought would be that way at the start of the season) or it is just an unexplainable slump. The fact is when Lombardi and Sutter were together in San Jose the team offensively was pretty good, scoring an average of 2.5+ goals for a game including Sutter's final full season the Sharks finished 4th in Goals for at 3.02 goals a game. So I don't feel that Lombardi/Sutter and the system they play is the problem.

One thing I feel that Lombardi hasn't been able to do is to get a legitimate first line winger to play with Kopi. Brown and Williams are competent wingers, but they are better suited for the 2nd line. Penner was a try that ended in failure, but Kopi is going to struggle at times during the season and finish with 70=80 pts until we het a legitimate winger like Parise to play with him. Once we get a player of that caliber, we would look a lot better offensively. While this team will probably never be an offensive dynamo, with our defense and goaltending the way it is we don't have to get our goals for up that much higher to be a contender. Right now we are at 2.09 goals for. If we can up that to 2.20-2.30 we can challenge San Jose for the division. Whether the players we have now or a trade or 2 are made get us there, remains to be seen.

JR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR28 View Post
I don't know why, maybe it is the wrong players
Yeah, and still there is not a single team name in this thread. If it's the wrong players, just give me those teams (among 29 teams) that you would prefer to have.

Old
02-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

2.2-2.3 doesn't get you anywhere near a Stanley cup.

2.5 goals per game after the lockout is not a good offense.

Lombardi is either incompetent or he doesn't value offense. Either way, he needs to go.

Old
02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Boston.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Boston.
In fantasy land, I still take a healthy Pittsburgh lineup over Boston. Of course, either is a good choice.

I take Detroit's management team though.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
In fantasy land, I still take a healthy Pittsburgh lineup over Boston. Of course, either is a good choice.

I take Detroit's management team though.
THat's a tough call....a healthy Pittsburgh or Boston.

Hrmmmmmm yea that really is a brain bender.

I would still take Boston because they have better youth then Pitt. Granted Pitt has been tested this year with it...those guys like Goddard, Depres, Tangradi haven't looked all that great. And who do they have behind Fleury? Brent Johnson?

If I am looking years down the line...Boston still has Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, Rask, McQuaid, Kampfer, Horton, Caron, Krejci, Bergeron.....all of whom are still 26 years old or under. It's damn scary. Their D will ned a bit of retooling in a few seasons but that is some pretty massive depth. How the **** did Boston get this way man?

Old
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

I would still take Boston because they have better youth then Pitt. Granted Pitt has been tested this year with it...those guys like Goddard, Depres, Tangradi haven't looked all that great. And who do they have behind Fleury? Brent Johnson?

If I am looking years down the line...Boston still has Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, Rask, McQuaid, Kampfer, Horton, Caron, Krejci, Bergeron.....all of whom are still 26 years old or under. It's damn scary. Their D will ned a bit of retooling in a few seasons but that is some pretty massive depth. How the **** did Boston get this way man?
You can thank Toronto for Seguin and Rask, so that's 20% right there and arguably the most important two players of your group.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You can thank Toronto for Seguin and Rask, so that's 20% right there and arguably the most important two players of your group.
"b-b-b-but Kessel and Reimer are like really good and stuff!"

-Maple Leafs fan

Old
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
damacles1156

Quote:

Good drafting helps,

They landed Lucic and Marchand in later rounds in the same draft

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote