HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
  #976
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Ellis is the prospect of the month for Hockeys future.... what the hell? where did that come from?
I suppose that may be because since the trade to Shawinigan, he got 14pts in 12 games, and is +14. Damn, he got 39pts in 46 games overall, awesome, just needed a good team !

Vasculio is offline  
Old
02-05-2012, 07:17 PM
  #977
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,560
vCash: 50
The Habs have some really good defencemen in their prospect pool and it looks like there will be a horde of forwards joining that group.Lots of promise for the fans of the future,starting to take on the look of a championship team.With Price the lynchpin and Subban,Diaz,Emelin and Gorges forming the veteran core of our future team.Pacioretty, Plekanec,Eller,Leblanc,Bourque and Kristo starting the veteran core of forwards.They are going to be a great team when its all done! Go Habs Go!

S Bah is offline  
Old
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
  #978
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Ellis is the prospect of the month for Hockeys future.... what the hell? where did that come from?
I keep saying that since he was on my wishlist in his draft year. Day of the draft, I called him unsexy but reliable. Not only he's still reliable but he has become sexier....hockeywise. (Just look at my draft report at that time and see that liked the Tinordi pick, called the Gallagher the most spectacular pick boom or bust type of pick and called MacMillan the guy that could change the rating of that draft, so that still remains to be seen)

And here was my report at the first development camp I saw him in...http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...s#post26846217

Quote:
Morgan Ellis: Tall but lanky. Great positionaly but could be pushed around. Really precise shots. I was a fan of Ellis and still am. Ellis needs to work on his balance more.....BUT.....please UNLEASH him!!!! I'd go as far as to believe that the kid has a lot of untapped offensive potential. You saw some shots thanks to his fast hands, you saw some moves thanks to his fast feet that could translate into more than just a defensive d-man.
I can tell you that he filled that frame. Has now a much better balance and he was CLEARLY unleashed...

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-05-2012, 10:07 PM
  #979
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I keep saying that since he was on my wishlist in his draft year. Day of the draft, I called him unsexy but reliable. Not only he's still reliable but he has become sexier....hockeywise. (Just look at my draft report at that time and see that liked the Tinordi pick, called the Gallagher the most spectacular pick boom or bust type of pick and called MacMillan the guy that could change the rating of that draft, so that still remains to be seen)

And here was my report at the first development camp I saw him in...http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...s#post26846217



I can tell you that he filled that frame. Has now a much better balance and he was CLEARLY unleashed...
Good call Whitesnake!! You were clearly bang on here.. I guess you are watching alot of junior hockey to have an opinion on so many young players..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
  #980
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Good call Whitesnake!! You were clearly bang on here.. I guess you are watching alot of junior hockey to have an opinion on so many young players..
Well a little less now with my 2 girls but I happen to watch A LOT of junior hockey on TV and internet whether it's the CHL, USHL or NCAA, go live ('cause I don't believe you can have the best report without seeing them live a couple of times) at least for around 35 games a year whether it's in Blainville-Boisbriand where I live, but I have some family in Quebec, New-Brunswick and even Ontario and I always go and see a game once in a while. I have a really understanding wife who does come from time to time with me. I also read a lot of reports and compare them with mine, which is how I come to a list at draft day. A lot of work, which I'm not paid to do but love it a whole lot.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
  #981
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well a little less now with my 2 girls but I happen to watch A LOT of junior hockey on TV and internet whether it's the CHL, USHL or NCAA, go live ('cause I don't believe you can have the best report without seeing them live a couple of times) at least for around 35 games a year whether it's in Blainville-Boisbriand where I live, but I have some family in Quebec, New-Brunswick and even Ontario and I always go and see a game once in a while. I have a really understanding wife who does come from time to time with me. I also read a lot of reports and compare them with mine, which is how I come to a list at draft day. A lot of work, which I'm not paid to do but love it a whole lot.
And you still have time for whatever job you do? That's pretty cool. Btw thanks for your development camp reports, they're always a pleasure to read!

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
  #982
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
And you still have time for whatever job you do? That's pretty cool. Btw thanks for your development camp reports, they're always a pleasure to read!
Let just say that I have a great job and a possible 8 weeks off but usually 6 weeks off. And an understanding wife and kids. But don't worry....I do compensate my time...

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 01:00 AM
  #983
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well a little less now with my 2 girls but I happen to watch A LOT of junior hockey on TV and internet whether it's the CHL, USHL or NCAA, go live ('cause I don't believe you can have the best report without seeing them live a couple of times) at least for around 35 games a year whether it's in Blainville-Boisbriand where I live, but I have some family in Quebec, New-Brunswick and even Ontario and I always go and see a game once in a while. I have a really understanding wife who does come from time to time with me. I also read a lot of reports and compare them with mine, which is how I come to a list at draft day. A lot of work, which I'm not paid to do but love it a whole lot.
Well its great to have someone like you on this board, I think you defitively have an eye for evaluate kids..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 01:36 AM
  #984
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,560
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Well its great to have someone like you on this board, I think you defitively have an eye for evaluate kids..
Timmins and Gauthier do also they have done a great job of rebuilding the team while staying in the playoffs.Now they need two years to break in the rookies and get some top draft choices to complement the team that they built.

S Bah is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 05:59 AM
  #985
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Timmins and Gauthier do also they have done a great job of rebuilding the team while staying in the playoffs.Now they need two years to break in the rookies and get some top draft choices to complement the team that they built.
Actually, I have been hard on Timmins for his 1st rounders and do question some of the team's philosophy in some occasions. But CLEARLY is Timmins our BEST asset PLAYERS included. And unfortunately, I believe Gainey-Gauthier duo have been detrimental to Timmins work. We keep Streit and sign him in DUE time, and we don't have the same PP problems. We keep SKost, Grabs, Lats and Lappy and we have a better team. We give Timmins more picks to work with and we are even in better shape. We don't give McDonagh and that D looks MUCH better. In the end, not only have they be detrimental to Timmins but to them as well.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 06:47 AM
  #986
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually, I have been hard on Timmins for his 1st rounders and do question some of the team's philosophy in some occasions. But CLEARLY is Timmins our BEST asset PLAYERS included. And unfortunately, I believe Gainey-Gauthier duo have been detrimental to Timmins work. We keep Streit and sign him in DUE time, and we don't have the same PP problems. We keep SKost, Grabs, Lats and Lappy and we have a better team. We give Timmins more picks to work with and we are even in better shape. We don't give McDonagh and that D looks MUCH better. In the end, not only have they be detrimental to Timmins but to them as well.
I think guathier gainey might not have eye for talent if they let streit walk. I was really upset when they didn't sign him. I got to watch him play quite often and the guy had amazing vision and amazing shot. He wasn't a stud defensively but he held his own. Biggest mistake was letting him go. But I do like timmins he has an eye for talent.

Ubercron9000 is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
  #987
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I think guathier gainey might not have eye for talent if they let streit walk. I was really upset when they didn't sign him. I got to watch him play quite often and the guy had amazing vision and amazing shot. He wasn't a stud defensively but he held his own. Biggest mistake was letting him go. But I do like timmins he has an eye for talent.
To their defense, (can't believe I'm saying this but anyway...) when a coach also don't believe that Streit could play on D, I guess it's tough to have faith in him as well. But with or without Markov, it has been proven that you need a shooter and not only a guy who shots hard but is precise. All this time of beneficiating from a pretty good powerplay, we succesfully got rid of Souray, Streit, Schneider, Bergeron, and Wizniewski and now wondering how come we are so bad.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 08:54 AM
  #988
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Watched Bennett/Pateryn on Saturday night, was a good weekend for Michigan to get the sweep. Bennett/Pateryn played well enough, Pateryn got tossed for a hit to the head, I thought it was a little weak of a call as it looked clean to me but they just tossed a Redhawks player for a hit to the head a minute before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
IMO Kristo is a better comparison to Oshie
Not a good comparison, as I watched both at north dakota, Kristo's game is all about speed and shooting, he will take the body from time to time but it's not a big part of his game at all and he's not very strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Back from the game.
thanks for the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Tinordi now first in the OHL with + 31 in 33 games!!!
nice!

montreal is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM
  #989
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Back from the game, twas a good, intense game from the beginning to the end, 2 probable suspensions from hits to the head (Sea Dogs Jason Cameron on Cats Kabanov, and Cats Jonathan Racine on a player I don't remember), fortunately players kept playing, Gormley seemed to have hurt his ankle at some point, but came back...
Cameron hit was clearly targeting the head. Does Jason have a history of dirty play? If so I'd expect a long suspension.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
  #990
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Here are a few NCAA FA's we should be looking at...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=111008

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115270

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107595

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107601

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116533

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116461

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116530

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123383

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123469

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116630

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101188

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99528

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107599

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93311

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101600

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115240

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=100199

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99805

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116521

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=122124

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=111966

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116673

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=104238

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123543

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99680

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101636

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123410

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=119611

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116501

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123400

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99667

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123412

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=102255

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116585

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=131812

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116655

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=131802

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1004723&page=4

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
  #991
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
A few?

I'll take Chris Rawlings, and maybe Aaron Dell as well. We have two goalies in the system right now, Mayer and Delmas.

As for the rest, Hamilton is getting a ton of reinforcements in the next two years, not sure they have the space to add NCAA free agents, especially defencemen.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:42 AM
  #992
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
A few? That looks like all of them!

Rawlings over Dell this year, also Carr or Heeter as goalies to sign.

Sustr is 6'8 and apparently mean.

Gron would inspire fear just by his name!

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 12:13 PM
  #993
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
I'd really like to see the Habs sign J.T. Brown from UMD, he's going to get a ton of offers though. He's big, strong and can put the puck in the net. Teammate of Scott Kishel as well. His teammates Jack Connolly, Travis Oleksuk, Kenny Reiter, Brady Lamb, all should generate interest from NHL teams when their season is over.

As for goalies, if Doug Carr will turn pro I'd look at him. It's too bad Hunwick is so small cause I think he's the best goalie in the NCAA.

I'm guessing Rylan Schwartz will sign with the blues but I'd be interested in him as well.

montreal is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
  #994
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
I had Nate Schmidt and Mike Pereira on my wishlist last year or was it the year before so I'll be consequent and say that I would be interested in them. I know Sorkin had some kind of interest at one point.

Again, our LOVE for the US has to show at that aspect of the business. We need to be wiser and better at going with the Bozak of this world instead of the Trotter. So we have to concentrate on every aspect whether it's forwards or D's. But one spot we should prioritize are goalies.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
  #995
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,262
vCash: 500
I think that we really need to take a chance at Hunwick. Yes he's tiny, but he's athletically amazing. He's the kinda pickup that can be fail horribly or be really good for us (at least in Hamilton where they have garbage and an unhealthy Lawson).

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
  #996
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I think that we really need to take a chance at Hunwick. Yes he's tiny, but he's athletically amazing. He's the kinda pickup that can be fail horribly or be really good for us (at least in Hamilton where they have garbage and an unhealthy Lawson).
Have nothing against bringing home my Michigan boys!!!!

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
  #997
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Have nothing against bringing home my Michigan boys!!!!
You sure you're not from D-3?!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.