HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT and GBR: Game #50 - Flyers @ Rangers 2/5/2012

Old
02-05-2012, 09:08 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
He was better. Except for his penalty, Dubi played a solid game. After AA's goal, he wasn't very noticeable in the last two periods.
He had 1 goal and 2 assists. Dubinsky wasn't all that impressive, to me at least. Neither were too "noticeable", but Anisimov had a much bigger impact on the game. He made a tremendous outlet pass on the game winner.

02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He had 1 goal and 2 assists. Dubinsky wasn't all that impressive, to me at least. Neither were too "noticeable", but Anisimov had a much bigger impact on the game. He made a tremendous outlet pass on the game winner.
A lucky deflection and one of his assists was a two foot pass to Stepan who made a good pass to Gabby behind the net.
And I disagree, Dubi was way more noticeable in the last two periods.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
A lucky deflection and one of his assists was a two foot pass to Stepan who made a good pass to Gabby behind the net.
And I disagree, Dubi was way more noticeable in the last two periods.
"Lucky" deflection?

He did a very good job against the Flyers' D with his body positioning and got his stick in the perfect place for a deflection. If that's lucky, then Dubinsky's is luck, too, which it wasn't. Neither was.

I didn't really notice Dubinsky at all, save a few shifts. His delay of game penalty that got the game tied is what stuck out to me, sans the goal.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Redden: The lack of intelligence on this team really pisses me off. Anything that requires a specific skill or a scrap of brainpower this team fails miserably at. Faceoffs, power play, not taking penalties, they are incapable of making it work.
Umm....the Rangers had the face off edge, I believe. And some of the Flyer penaties were pretty good dives. The power play produced a decent amount of chances as well. A scrap of brainpower????

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
"Lucky" deflection?

He did a very good job against the Flyers' D with his body positioning and got his stick in the perfect place for a deflection. If that's lucky, then Dubinsky's is luck, too, which it wasn't. Neither was.

I didn't really notice save ashifts. His delay of game penalty that got the game tied is what stuck out to me, sans the goal.

He did do a good job to get himself in position but how many times do you see that play work? Dubi's goal was a good shot off a good play by Prust and Boyle.

I'll agree, Dubi has a tendency for brain dead plays and that penalty was one.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
So wait, is it the cool thing to crap on Staal and Richards now?
Yes. Because Ranger fans always need a scapegoat and always need to ***** about something.

If it's not Richards, it's Boyle.

If it's not Boyle, it's Staal.

If it's not Staal, it's Eminger.

It's always someone. So unfortunately, "yes" bi-polar, angry, bitter fans that are fare more reactive than anything else.

Now, that I got that out of the way. I thought we played a very solid game.

Our PP - though not scoring - generated 10 shots and I thought looked great. I hope that continues to build.

Overall, not a single player stood out that was really bad. A great game, a great win, and hopefully we'll focus and deal with a difficult Devil's team on Tuesday.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Alluckks

Quote:
"Lucky" deflection?

I didn't really notice Dubinsky at all, save a few shifts. His delay of game penalty that got the game tied is what stuck out to me, sans the goal.

I'm with this.

Lucky? A goalie that is screened but has good positioning makes the save - that is skill. The same applies on attempted deflections. It was a good deflection.

Alluckks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Greg02

In all fairness, didn't Anisimov say he didn't even realize that he touched it?

Greg02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Was at the game - there were a lot of flygirls fans - obnoxious as always so it was fun to have them shut up
Funny, I hardly saw any. None by me at least.

02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 876
I thought Richards had a very good game. He made a great pass but unfortunately it wasn't put in the net afterwards. He should play with Gaborik already..

02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
It's always someone. So unfortunately, "yes" bi-polar, angry, bitter fans that are fare more reactive than anything else.

I'd rather be angry and winning than losing and pretending everything is roses (see: islander fans).

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
I'd rather be angry and winning than losing and pretending everything is roses (see: islander fans).
Why be angry in the first place?

In an 82-game season, people are expecting perfection. Not going to happen. Also sometimes you have to *gasp* give credit to the other team.

I'd rather be logical and calm than angry, reactive, and totally bipolar.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 876
Quote:
Islander fans are definitely not pretending that everything is roses. Have you ever been on their board? I seriously feel bad for those guys.

Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:40 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Islander fans are definitely not pretending that everything is roses. Have you ever been on their board? I seriously feel bad for those guys.
i've seen their comments lately like "we're going to be buyers at the deadline" and "we're a .500 team"

Old
02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Why be angry in the first place?

In an 82-game season, people are expecting perfection. Not going to happen. Also sometimes you have to *gasp* give credit to the other team.

I'd rather be logical and calm than angry, reactive, and totally bipolar.
never be happy with what you have. always drive for more.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
never be happy with what you have. always drive for more.
Realism and optimism is nice too. If you ever played a competitive sport, you would understand that while the effort may be there (which it has been) to sustain that over a long period of time is difficult. Also, slumps do happen.

I'm not saying you, but it's great to see someone who is sitting on their couch who has never laced up a pair of skates to scream and yell and say "I could have scored!"

Old
02-05-2012, 11:57 PM
vladmyir111

Lot of *****ing and moaning here, you'd think it was 2002 or something. Rangers beat the Flyers for the 6th time in a row and bea the **** out of them while they were at it. Wtf is there to complain about, fun game.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

You know your goalie's good when a 2 goal game is a crap performance by him.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
You know your goalie's good when a 2 goal game is a crap performance by him.
Dammit, his GAA actually rose from that.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
js10

Quote:
Yes. Because Ranger fans always need a scapegoat and always need to ***** about something.

If it's not Richards, it's Boyle.

If it's not Boyle, it's Staal.

If it's not Staal, it's Eminger.

Now, that I got that out of the way. I thought we played a very solid game.

Our PP - though not scoring - generated 10 shots and I thought looked great. I hope that continues to build.

Overall, not a single player stood out that was really bad. A great game, a great win, and hopefully we'll focus and deal with a difficult Devil's team on Tuesday.
as a Rangers fan, I am more worried that we will get used to all these good winning times and expect two points every night which is not possible.. and when Rangers get into slump, start pointing to the whole team for sloppiness

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
as a Rangers fan, I am more worried that we will get used to all these good winning times and expect two points every night which is not possible.. and when Rangers get into slump, start pointing to the whole team for sloppiness
This. Even the current Bruins are like 5-5 the last 10 or so games.

But you know people will overreact lol

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
MSG the place to be*

Redden: Sam and Joe for taking one Gaborik defensive play and blowing it way out of proportion. Maloney and Joe in the postgame for blowing it way out of proportion again.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Machinehead
#AntFacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Redden: Sam and Joe for taking one Gaborik defensive play and blowing it way out of proportion. Maloney and Joe in the postgame for blowing it way out of proportion again.
Gaborik was Selke caliber today. You're just a troll.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:15 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Umm....the Rangers had the face off edge, I believe. And some of the Flyer penaties were pretty good dives. The power play produced a decent amount of chances as well. A scrap of brainpower????
You're not going to actually argue that this team is competent in faceoffs are you? We lose nearly all important draws, many of them resulting in power play goals against or them clearing on a PK.

The Rangers have taken some awfully dumb penalties recently. MDZ's delay of game against Buffalo he was under pressure, but Dubinsky literally had all the time in the world, and idiotically shot it out of play. Philly scored and were back in the game. Hagelin's penalty was brutal as well. Clearly Torts agrees, he was fuming on the bench after every call. Stu Bickel's may have been the worst, he blatantly just hits a guy from behind.

They play a fantastic team game. They work together (passing aside), they hit everything that moves, they block any shot they can, and they always stick up for each other and work their ***** off. But anything involving skill or mental aptitude our forwards fail miserably at. They pass better then nobody, they may not be the worst at faceoffs, but they can't win important ones if their life depended on it, and last but not least, our power play is easily the worst in the league, it's not even a competition. Other teams may not produce as much, but they have a system in place that actually gives their team an advantage on the power play, as opposed to the 2 minute time saver we get.

I thought they played well today, and if they continue to be as opportunistic as they were today they will win most games. Maybe Bryz just sucks, but they buried every major scoring chance they had. But without a power play, a clue in the faceoff department, or any semblance of skill, they're making a cup run that much harder.

And getting another player won't solve anything aside from faceoffs, they need to make it work with the personnel they have now, which is a pretty damn good group of players.

I think it was against Toronto, they were down in the 3rd and they came out and put on an amazing display, unfortunately they couldn't win. Their passing was fantastic, and they were moving the puck like Detroit. I don't know where it came from, but I'd like to see it again. Surely they're capable, just as sometimes one of their players decides that instead of dumping it on like an idiot on the power play, they will actually slow down and set up a play. They have the means at their disposable, maybe they forget.

Last edited by ColonialsHockey10: 02-06-2012 at 02:21 AM.
ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Pizza

The New York Rangers are 33-12-5.

No way I'm having a bad time with that.

Forget the crappy PP. These guys are gutsy and they are good. Really, really good. They may not have the biggest talent I've seen, but they are easily one of the ballsiest, hardest working teams I've ever seen

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote