HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams interested in Kubina, Malone, and Moore

Old
02-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
The Bolts were a team that should've viewed this regular season as "home ice or bust"... now they'll be pushed back to being a team who's goal is the playoffs. Not great for a team with 2 aging high priced players in Lecavalier / St. Louis. .
Yzerman's goal is to be a perennial playoff team. He doesn't feel giving up part of that future is worth it to make the playoffs this year. His interest is definitely long term, not short, and the fans are aware of this. Winning now is a bonus, not a priority.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:57 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Yzerman's goal is to be a perennial playoff team. He doesn't feel giving up part of that future is worth it to make the playoffs this year. His interest is definitely long term, not short, and the fans are aware of this. Winning now is a bonus, not a priority.
Yzerman's goal should be to win a Stanley Cup...being a perennial playoff team should be nothing more than a baseline requirement. As soon as your goal becomes making the playoffs (which it will be for next year if they don't make it this year), you've been infected with a culture of losing.

BTW, the fans on here are generally OK with losing because HF (HockeysFuture) fans tend to place an overemphasis on young players... but the average fan who pays to see the bolts probably couldn't care less that they pick up a 7th or 8th overall pick. They care that this is a team who went 3 rounds in the playoffs last year, and now isn't even going to give themselves that chance.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:05 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Feaster is your GM, he loves players he knows, really wouldn't count Calgary out as trading for him I mean Feaster already got Jones, he just wants more Bolts.
Only if meant a straight up swap of Babchuk for Kubina, just so we get out of the final year of his contract. Otherwise it does not make any sense for us.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
TBLHoser

Frankly, as a Bolts fan, I'm not too concerned over getting into the playoffs this year. Sure, it would be nice, but I, like other Bolts fans, know this team has some serious defensive and goaltending issues that aren't going to take us anywhere near where we went last year and any trades that are made are probably going to hurt us more down the line. After what this team went through the last few years under Koules & Barrie, I can't see a culture of losing becoming a problem. I don't have a problem with sitting this one out and retooling for next year and I think a lot of Bolts fans feel the same way.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Yzerman's goal should be to win a Stanley Cup...being a perennial playoff team should be nothing more than a baseline requirement. As soon as your goal becomes making the playoffs (which it will be for next year if they don't make it this year), you've been infected with a culture of losing.
You're being far too literal. The goal of winning the Stanley Cup is a given. That's the goal of every team every year.

I guess Yzerman feels the more often you make the playoffs, the better your chances of winning the Cup.

He doesn't feel it's wise to sell the future for the possibility of getting into the playoffs today if it means we won't get back into the playoffs for who knows how long. For example, which is better - mortgaging the future this year and getting bounced in the first round and then missing the playoffs for 4-5 years while we rebuild, or possibly not making the playoffs this year but making them for the next decade? I know which I'd choose.

SO. By wanting to be a perennial playoff team, he means he wants this team to have the chance to win the Cup every year.

Hope that explains it a bit better.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...cle1213701.ece

Rumors say the Flames and Rangers want Kubina, Pens and Sens want Moore, and LA wants Malone.

Thoughts?
Why our team(LA) is after Malone is a mystery. This team doesn't need a breeze shaking the leaves, it needs a strong gale blowing through the limbs. This team has far too many poor performers to simply turn the other cheek. As far as the top-6 goes, we should keep the centers and dump the rest.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote