HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Three

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
BOB's been nothing short of solid for all but 3 or 4 games this year.

He sure has stolen way more games for us than Bryz has.
he's played in 20 games. that's almost 25% poor games. he's got 11 wins .... stolen ? about 3 i'd guess.

but this isn't about Bob ... Bryz needs to be better, but the last 2 goals were not awful

Bryz was there .... not sure how it snuck through .... has to make that save. Mez CAN'T chase behind the net

Old
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Wow Timonen basically threw bryz under the bus too.
His statement could also have been about yesterday, too. I don't like the public sniping, though. keep it in the room.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
GOOD LORD.

goal 2 was bad. they got it back 1 minute later. tie game.

goals 3 and 4 were awful turnovers from the bottom of the circles .... yes, you'd like to make that save .. but just like Kovalchuk vs Bob yesterday, that's a VERY high % shot

Bryz gets the same pass from me that Bob got.
I know you're a goalie too, but after 18 years of playing goal and at a high level, I COMPLETELY expect to get called out on all 3 of those goals.

Bad turnovers? Absolutely, but that doesn't excuse poor goaltending. There's goals you blame on the goalie, or the defense or in this case both. But those saves HAVE to be made. I'm not better than bryzgalov but those are saves I (or I'm assuming you) could routinely make even on an off day.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:48 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
he's played in 20 games. that's almost 25% poor games. he's got 11 wins .... stolen ? about 3 i'd guess.

but this isn't about Bob ... Bryz needs to be better, but the last 2 goals were not awful

Bryz was there .... not sure how it snuck through .... Mez CAN'T chase behind the net
I can live with BOB dropping one out of every four games. Especially for the fact he is a second year goaltender.

The fact Bryz drops more games than not, is suppose to be a veteran and is one of the highest paid goalies in the NHL is garbage.

You can't blame Mez at all. He allowed Gaborik to get off a weak ass backhander. Not exactly a replay of the Parise goal yesterday where the D let him waltz right in front and wack away till it went in.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
There's goals you blame on the goalie, or the defense or in this case both.
then blame them all equally, not just the goalie.
Quote:
But those saves HAVE to be made.
then it should also be said that those turnovers CANNOT happen

Old
02-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
You can't blame Mez at all. He allowed Gaborik to get off a weak ass backhander.
no way should a D man chase behind the net. ever.
Bryz was in position .. it somehow got through him .... not short side, not on the ice under him .... similar to Bob's WC goal #2 .... it happens .... what should both of them have done differently ?

'Make the save' ... they were in position .. but those pucks can't get through ... it happens. he blew one goal today.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Devastate

Quote:
His statement could also have been about yesterday, too. I don't like the public sniping, though. keep it in the room.
I agree completely with this.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
no way should a D man chase behind the net. ever.
Bryz was in position .. it somehow got through him .... not short side, not on the ice under him .... similar to Bob's WC goal #2 .... it happens .... what should both of them have done differently ?

'Make the save' ... they were in position .. but those pucks can't get through ... it happens. he blew one goal today.
"It happens" ALOT with Bryz. THAT is the reason 3/4's of Philly is POd at the guy.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
I'm not better than bryzgalov but those are saves I (or I'm assuming you) could routinely make even on an off day.

if that was my game, my D men would have apologized for the turnovers & I would have said 'ahhh, I still gotta get at least one of those' ... happened last week .... but nobody wants to cut a defenseman, or get rid of me

Old
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

How about instead of everyone arguing about what goal was soft or weak or the result of the defender... why doesn't our goalie just make some outstanding saves and we won't have to discuss this! Bryz has had a horrible year. He can not remain consistent. I'm sick of this **** already.

I just want our goalie to shut the freaking opposition out!!!

Look at Quick out in LA. His team can't freakin score 2 goals a game but the man keeps his team in the game every night becuase he makes the saves Bryz has not... back breaking goals that kill momentum. I have watched a ton of LA this year, they aren't the best defensive team either, quick makes that team the defensive team they are not the other way around. That's how I want it with a goalie on the Flyers for once in my lifetime! just once!

Last edited by Prongo: 02-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Devastate

Quote:
then blame them all equally, not just the goalie.

then it should also be said that those turnovers CANNOT happen
I said "in this case both". But not every turn over plus weak shot should result in a goal. The turnovers were awful, don't get me wrong, but all 3 of those goals were routine saves.

If you're not making those saves at any level, you either need to hit the drawing board or choose a different profession/hobby.

I understand poor games, and if this was just a "poor" game, i'd chalk it up to that. But he's done this regularly and even days when he looked GREAT, he's coughing up deflating goals.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
"It happens" ALOT with Bryz. THAT is the reason 3/4's of Philly is POd at the guy.
since the WC, this was the first 'awful' goal given up by Bryz. Bob had one yesterday, his on;y 'awful' one since the WC [in my view].

my criteria again: "what should the goalie have reasonably been expected to do to make the save ?"

rarely does the answer of 'just make the save' result in me calling it an awful goal. exceptions are Bob's WC goal #2, and Bryz's goal #2 vs NYR.

Karllson's goal off a Jagr turnover on Bryz, Kovi's on the 3 on 2 on Bob vs NJD & goals 3 & 4 today are all the same to me .... you want to make those saves, sure, but I don't kill either of them.

[note that some here blamed Bob for Kovi's goal .... not me]

Old
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I'm sick of this **** already.
I just want our goalie to shut the freaking opposition out!!!
that's reasonable.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
I said "in this case both".

But not every turn over plus weak shot should result in a goal. The turnovers were awful, don't get me wrong, but all 3 of those goals were routine saves.
i know what you said, i wasn't being rude. Bryz DID save them today several times on bad D plays ... we only remember goals 3 and 4.
goal 2 does need to be stopped, though.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
bardeerkt

A loss is a loss, but why has no one mentioned that the game would have been over well before Dubinsky scored had Bryz not played as well as he had before the Gaborik goal. Up until that point he was the best Flyer on the ice even after it seemed he couldn't catch a break again with a deflected goal against a minute in. I still feel Bryz will be fine, it's just taking longer than expected.

That being said, goals 2 and 3 today must be saved. I'd say Gaborik's was more fluky than bad on Bryz's part. And if Bourdon can handle a puck and just throw it to the corner, let alone on net, the Del Zotto goal never happens. Carle and him were just plain awful today.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardeerkt View Post
A loss is a loss, but why has no one mentioned that the game would have been over well before Dubinsky scored had Bryz not played as well as he had before the Gaborik goal. Up until that point he was the best Flyer on the ice even after it seemed he couldn't catch a break again with a deflected goal against a minute in. I still feel Bryz will be fine, it's just taking longer than expected.

That being said, goals 2 and 3 today must be saved. I'd say Gaborik's was more fluky than bad on Bryz's part. And if Bourdon can handle a puck and just throw it to the corner, let alone on net, the Del Zotto goal never happens. Carle and him were just plain awful today.
Again I agree, and that's why I mentioned that even on games where he was looking spectacular (which I felt he did today) he gave up deflating goals

Old
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Top Cheese Danish

Quote:
But really, when have the Flyers ever been able to "keep it in the room"?

Old
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
haleks

Quote:

Bryz was there .... not sure how it snuck through .... has to make that save. Mez CAN'T chase behind the net

(Quality isn't top notch but you see what is my point)

Why is Bryz stretch out like this? Look at the angle of his stick and blocker, it's a 45 degree angle off the ice, it's the perfect angle for the puck to bounce off and go over his pad/shoulder which is exactly what happened. He can say it's a funny bounce, but he was looking for it IMO. I'm not a goalie but isn't it better to just put your stick perpendicular to the ice near your body and once it hit you, you smoother it?

Old
02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Oh my God...the apologists for Bryz crappin the bed again is bringing back horrible memories of Leighton. This goalie nightmare will never end. Bryz gave up two massive momentum killing goals...just admit he blew it today and has been inconsistent all year. He needs to be way better period....Lavi said as much and Timonen implied as much whether it should stay in the room or not. You cant hide reality but it seems you can apologize for it that is for sure

Old
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

This signing is like... Chris Gratton in pads... only, worse.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Mgkibbles

I don't see how Timonen threw Bryz under the bus, although I wish someone would. I mean that figuratively, but literally when it comes to throwing Bryz's contract under a rolling automobile.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Thing is that Timonen's comment can be taken a bunch of ways..including acknowledging that King Henry is just elite level and we can't match it with peasant Bryz..

I will say that I doubt it was a dig against Bob as much...

One thing about Kimmo..he is plainspoken and doesnt hide his displeasure very often when asked...
Kimmo is too mature to call someone out. I think it was him basically saying when their defense breaks down, Henrik is so good that it's hard to notice. People will read into anything to put their spin on it, I guess.

02-05-2012, 11:48 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

gotta love the Bryzgalov supporters, They will defend him to the end even when he sucks and cost his team a big win. again.

bad defense.
bad luck
oh well **** happens
the system
the coach

am I missing something? Things are never Bryzgalov's fault. Bryzgalov is giving up the same type of goals that Leighton and Boucher have given up in past seasons. different season same ****** ****ing goaltending. only this time the contract on that ****** goalie is going to hurt for the next 8 plus seasons. The dude has been stealing money all season. I figure that will continue.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleks View Post
it's a 45 degree angle off the ice
it's physically impossible to have your stick paddle flat on the ice without the blocker being at a 45 degree angle

here is a 100% perpendicular goalie stick & how a blocker always is

again, i said he's gotta stop that one, but he did exactly what every goalie does on that shot

Old
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
gotta love the Bryzgalov supporters, They will defend him to the end even when he sucks and cost his team a big win. again.
he gave up a bad goal. G missed a wide open net. 2 bad turnovers in the 3rd.

Closed Thread