HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

's Source: "I was told one of either Carter or Nash will be moved shortly"

Old
02-06-2012, 12:10 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 500
Of course, the questions that are unanswerable are:

would the fan base tolerate a true "start from scratch" rebuild?

can the blue jackets take blue chip prospects acquired from another team and keep them developing like they should?

can they actually draft a #1 player and have him turn out well?

If the answer to all of these is "yes" then the jackets certainly should trade nash, and carter for a young goalie and at least two solid young defensemen, a young two-way forward and a couple of more picks.

they should then build an offense around Yakupov and Johanssen, anticipating sucking for another year or two which gets a couple of more top 5 picks.

under this plan, they could be competitive in about 3-4 years.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
ZetterBurger

Nash to the Wings, then immediately reconstruct his contract to a reasonable cap hit.

I would have no faith in the Jackets actually developing a blue chip prospect. That is where elite prospects go to die.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Nash to the Wings, then immediately reconstruct his contract to a reasonable cap hit.

I would have no faith in the Jackets actually developing a blue chip prospect. That is where elite prospects go to die.
not allowed under the CBA(restructuring a contract, not the jackets developing a prospect LOL)

Old
02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not allowed under the CBA(restructuring a contract, not the jackets developing a prospect LOL)
lol i know but it would be nice. there very well might be some fine print preventing the jackets from developing prospects.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Seriously Carter would be a great move for the habs.
not when you consider what would have to be offered. also, unless desharnais gets moved to wing, we don't have a playmaking winger that can feed him that puck. i assume plekanec would have to be going the other way + + +. substituting plekachu for carter fills one hole but create about 3 more

good player no doubt, but a mix of what it's gonna cost to get him plus that ridonkulous contract makes this a no go for me.

i swear if gauthier trades our first im gonna have to choke a *****

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:26 AM
forsbergavs32

I'd give up Stastny + Quincey +solid prospect for Nash, having Nash on a line with Duchene and Mueller was be awesome.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:29 AM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

I can't believe anyone is actually wondering how the Columbus fan base would deal with trading Nash and a full rebuild. Seriously? How much worse could it really be there? The team is a mess, fans have abandoned the club, and it's the worst in the league -- so why not rebuild? Could it get any worse?

But I don't know who would really want Nash for appreciable assets at that cap hit. It's stupid high for a guy who never became an elite-level talent, although Nash does seem to have loads of skill and could benefit big time from a change of scenery.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
I can't believe anyone is actually wondering how the Columbus fan base would deal with trading Nash and a full rebuild. Seriously? How much worse could it really be there? The team is a mess, fans have abandoned the club, and it's the worst in the league -- so why not rebuild? Could it get any worse?

But I don't know who would really want Nash for appreciable assets at that cap hit. It's stupid high for a guy who never became an elite-level talent, although Nash does seem to have loads of skill and could benefit big time from a change of scenery.
Please don't confuse "abandoning Jackets management" with "abandoning the Jackets". They're not the same thing.

And I can imagine any number of ways it could get far, far worse.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Of course, the questions that are unanswerable are:

would the fan base tolerate a true "start from scratch" rebuild?

can the blue jackets take blue chip prospects acquired from another team and keep them developing like they should?

can they actually draft a #1 player and have him turn out well?
Not true - that third question is answerable - when they drafted #1 they took Rick Nash.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:29 AM
n0rthstar

Carter to the Leafs, book it.

n0rthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:48 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Not true - that third question is answerable - when they drafted #1 they took Rick Nash.
And right now hes a 55-60pt a year player.

not being able to put other pieces around what most considered a sure fire NHL talent, that results in him only being a 60pt player is not considered great development.

X8oD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:50 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Fair point. If yakopuv has a nash type career trajectoru that would go a long way to a successful rebuild

Old
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I want to know what Jacket fans would want or expect for Anaheim for him, We need a long term no.2 center, he would be great with Bobby Ryan and Getzy/Perry are two of his buddies I think he'd do well here.

Would Palmieri and this years first do it? Holland and this years first?

The years are scary but it's not everyday you can pair Centers like Getzlaf and Carter down the middle, with an elite winger on each line

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
well at least next year he'll have Yakupov or Grigorenko to be miserable with.
Says you. The specter of playing for the Jackets is enough to chase any Russian back to the homeland.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:19 AM
PlietscherDassel

I think Stastny could be a good center for Nash. Maybe a deal somehow involving Stastny and Carter?

PlietscherDassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Says you. The specter of playing for the Jackets is enough to chase any Russian back to the homeland.
Is that why Tyutin and Nikitin play for them?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
And right now hes a 55-60pt a year player.

not being able to put other pieces around what most considered a sure fire NHL talent, that results in him only being a 60pt player is not considered great development.
I gave a simple answer to a simple question. I stand by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post

Would Palmieri and this years first do it? Holland and this years first?
No. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Please provide evidence to support this contention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlietscherDassel View Post
I think Stastny could be a good center for Nash. Maybe a deal somehow involving Stastny and Carter?
I'm among the CBJ fans who don't want to see Carter traded, but I could see something like this making sense.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:15 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Is that why Tyutin and Nikitin play for them?
No, that's why Filatov is playing sooooo well in Ottawa right now.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

To the question of if the Jackets fans would support a full rebuild:

Yes, I would, provided the full rebuild would mean that we blow up everything and restart from scratch with the owner and Patrick.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:00 AM

With Laich going down yesterday and Eklund just tweeting "Major update coming, but I was just sent a text saying, "Caps are team to watch...now" it wouldn't shock me if they are involved.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:03 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
To the question of if the Jackets fans would support a full rebuild:

Yes, I would, provided the full rebuild would mean that we blow up everything and restart from scratch with the owner and Patrick.
really? aside from one season, you guys seem to be constantly rebuilding the team

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
really? aside from one season, you guys seem to be constantly rebuilding the team
Yes, and going about it all wrong. Each year the team puts on a late season surge after the games don't matter, and racks up enough points to finish somewhere in the top 8. Usually one behind the "can't miss" prospects, and if this team has proven anything, it is that if it can miss with a prospect it will.

We know we won't get fair value for almost anybody on the roster. They're all overpaid, and Howson is desperate and the other GM's will eat him alive. It's bad drafting combined with bad asset management combined with bad contracts which have sunk this team. It was listed earlier in this thread, all of the bad draft picks that this team has had over the years. The problem is each one of those draft picks has been the result of horrible seasons that the fans have had to endure.

in 02-03 The Fans endured 45 losses, and watched that pick get traded for a middle pairing defenseman

in 03-04 the Fans endured 49 losses, and later watched that 8th overall pick get traded for the 199th overall pick

in 07-08 the Fans endured 48 losses and were forced to be thrilled when that was turned into a 3rd round pick.

2006-2007 and 2009-2010, The fans endured a combined 100 losses, and watched those 100 losses get turned into Jeff Carter, a player we'll be lucky to get a backup goaltender and 3rd round pick for.

A teardown and a rebuild from scratch is going to take a long time, and while the team has a secure future in the city now that the lease issue is settled, you have to wonder how well it will fare now that the long time fans have been alienated over how this all happened.

It's one thing to lose. Its another thing entirely to lose and get absolutely nothing of value for it. This is what Columbus has done throughout it's entire existence.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:52 AM
v3rs3

Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
Nino Niederreiter + 2nd rnd for Carter

I don't hear many proposals involved the NYI. Islanders have been playing decent hockey and could still make a push for the playoffs. Carter coming in might give their fan base something to be excited about other than Tavares. I just think it'd work if Nino was back on a line with Johansen. They did pretty well in Portland together. I know it doesn't fit our needs, but Nino-Johansen-Yakupov would be a pretty good line.

v3rs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:18 AM
czar99

E5

Sources tell me there is going to be a fair bit of player movement in the next few weeks. More than the norm.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
sighthndlady

Interesting discussion here. Over on the Preds board discussion has been around something like Lindback + Blum + 1st for Carter.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote