HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards' agent: "Tell Darcy to be aggressive"

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
this needs to be reposted and watched by all ....
Nailed it. That's ****ing hilarious.

Old
06-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Bob McKenzie's words -- http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip493036

Rock. Rock on.
Quote:
Which is my way of saying, keep an eye on the Buffalo Sabres.

Historically, free-agent day has not been kind to the Sabres. That's when Buffalo watched Danny Briere and Chris Drury walk away from Western New York for far greener pastures, with the emphasis on the green.

But the Sabres have a new owner, Terry Pegula, a billionaire with deep pockets and a burning desire to make the Sabres the NHL's flagship franchise. It would not be a stretch to say Pegula has given GM Darcy Regier the green light to get into the deep end of the free agent pool and splash around with the big boys.

Five will get you ten, not to mention a beef on weck, that when Brad Richards and his agent Pat Morris open for business on Friday at the offices of Newport Sports in Mississauga, the Sabres will be front and centre with a mega-offer for this year's prized free agent. There's no guarantee Richards will sign in Buffalo, but there's every reason to believe if the Sabres get beat on Richards, or any other free agent, it won't be because they're outgunned on the dollar front.

In fact, there's no reason to doubt the Sabres will pay a premium to free agents just to prove to the hockey world that a small market U.S. team with a less than favorable winter climate can entice big-name talent to Buffalo.

The Sabres have plenty of cap room to do just about anything they set their mind to. They're looking for big additions both up front and on the blueline.
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=370390

Somebody post this on the Rangers and Leafs boards just to make them more nervous!

Old
06-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post

Somebody post this on the Rangers and Leafs boards just to make them more nervous!
Nah. It's nice to hear, but nothing matters until a big FA signs here. Don't count your hockey pads before they're delivered.

Old
06-29-2011, 07:35 PM
LFDM

At this point I'd say it's more probable that they don't get Richards - but someone almost nobody has thought of so far. Just with Ehrhoff. Who had seen that one coming?
A suprise may be coming up.

I hate myself for being abroad on Friday and the whole weekend. Damn, I really want to see what we will do these days...

Old
06-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFDM View Post
At this point I'd say it's more probable that they don't get Richards - but someone almost nobody has thought of so far. Just with Ehrhoff. Who had seen that one coming?
A suprise may be coming up.

I hate myself for being abroad on Friday and the whole weekend. Damn, I really want to see what we will do these days...

I take off Every July 1st for free agent day and have always been disappointed. This year the disappointment is I'm not of June 30th too.

Old
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

It exceeds the character limit for a signature... but the thought had crossed my mind.

06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Well... Darcy is being aggressive

Old
06-29-2011, 07:47 PM
LFDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
I take off Every July 1st for free agent day and have always been disappointed. This year the disappointment is I'm not of June 30th too.
It's a broader time frame this season I think. From June 30th to July 3rd... 1st might not be THE day.

Old
06-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Afino
The Juice

I'm so friggin' excited.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Miller30Sabres*

I think who ever gets Brad Richards (maybe us) will be the next Stanley cup winner

Old
06-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller30Sabres View Post
I think who ever gets Brad Richards (maybe us) will be the next Stanley cup winner
He will be a big piece to any team...but he's not Sidney Crosby. That's quite the bold statement.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Dabs21Nike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller30Sabres View Post
I think it's safe to say that won't be happening if he goes to Toronto.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:15 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabs21Nike View Post
I think it's safe to say that won't be happening if he goes to Toronto.
well done

Old
06-30-2011, 09:18 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
...Black's "aggressive as necessary" reinforces the speculation many have noted that Pegula wants to make a "big splash" - and, in the process, send a message around the NHL to all potential future acquisitions that Buffalo is serious about winning and a big-time player just like all of the glamour teams.

Apparently, Richards will be in Missaugua, only a drive away from Buffalo. The market opens at noon - TP & Kim should order a buffet delivered with their complements to Morris' office and wait in the lobby to hand the Sabres' offer over in person rather the conventional over-the-phone method the rest of the NHL will try.
Maybe if the wind is good, TPegs could hang-glide from the CN Tower southwest to Richard's agent and drop in at 12:00 Fri., with TSN crews filming the stunt?

Old
06-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Vadau Bidau

I usually only lurk around here, but thought it apropos to insert my two cents! I no longer live in WNY and have been out for close to 15-years. However, I will always be a WNYer and a fan of the Buffalo Sabres, not to mention of fan of all WNY people. That being said, I'm tired of all the negativity surrounding WNY and players "not wanting to play in Buffalo"; it's all the years and years of backhanded remarks made by former players and the national media. IMHO, Buffalo is the BEST place for any FA to want to play for a ton of reasons and one of the biggest reasons is this:

Richards can sign a huge deal with the Rags and have all the glitz and glamour of Broadway and possibly win a cup with them, (possible, but not likely). NY has 27- World Series Titles, 3-Superbowls (Giants), 3-Cups, and 2-NBA Championships; that's 35-World Championships, Buffalo has ZERO!

If Richards comes to Buffalo, along with a couple other FAs, not only do they have a chance to win the cup, but they can be etched in history forever, as the team that brought the first championhsip of any major professional sport to WNY! I realize I'm being a homer, but the potential to end the long history of no championships and to be the players to do it would certainly entice many players. The players that do eventually bring a championship to Buffalo will be remembered forever, not only in the WNY region, but throughout the sports world!

Whether it's Richards or some other players acquired via trade or FA, it's very exciting to be a fan of this franchise. At no time over the last 38-years that I have been following the Sabres have I been this excited!

GO SABRES!!!

Old
06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadau Bidau View Post
I usually only lurk around here, but thought it apropos to insert my two cents! I no longer live in WNY and have been out for close to 15-years. However, I will always be a WNYer and a fan of the Buffalo Sabres, not to mention of fan of all WNY people. That being said, I'm tired of all the negativity surrounding WNY and players "not wanting to play in Buffalo"; it's all the years and years of backhanded remarks made by former players and the national media. IMHO, Buffalo is the BEST place for any FA to want to play for a ton of reasons and one of the biggest reasons is this:

Richards can sign a huge deal with the Rags and have all the glitz and glamour of Broadway and possibly win a cup with them, (possible, but not likely). NY has 27- World Series Titles, 3-Superbowls (Giants), 3-Cups, and 2-NBA Championships; that's 35-World Championships, Buffalo has ZERO!

If Richards comes to Buffalo, along with a couple other FAs, not only do they have a chance to win the cup, but they can be etched in history forever, as the team that brought the first championhsip of any major professional sport to WNY! I realize I'm being a homer, but the potential to end the long history of no championships and to be the players to do it would certainly entice many players. The players that do eventually bring a championship to Buffalo will be remembered forever, not only in the WNY region, but throughout the sports world!

Whether it's Richards or some other players acquired via trade or FA, it's very exciting to be a fan of this franchise. At no time over the last 38-years that I have been following the Sabres have I been this excited!

GO SABRES!!!
I was telling co-workers that If Buffalo wins the cup, Terry will have a statue outside of City hall. And whenever there is a national event, or sporting event, Terry's statue will only be shown until they cut to what the event is.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Sabreade*

When can we fire Darcy ill pay for his bus ticket outta here hes not worth a plain ticket

Old
02-06-2012, 12:45 AM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
Stop it

Old
02-06-2012, 01:18 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreade View Post
When can we fire Darcy ill pay for his bus ticket outta here hes not worth a plain ticket
really? ... Really?

Wow.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreade View Post
Your name loos like its a combo of Sabre and lemonade, except you ain't so sweet. Pretty terrible bump.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Clock

No purposeless necrobumps.

Closed Thread