HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Steve Eminger out with separated shouler (2/3: Cleared to play)

Old
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
thenyrangers New York Rangers
Torts "not sure" if Steve Eminger will play for #NYR Sunday; read latest & see what Eminger has to say, then comment: *******/wvN9cs
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Levitate

Unless the Rangers can get a PP difference maker, I'd say leave the D as is. They've got 3 solid pairings when Emminger come back, a 7th that can at least provide some grit, Sauer *might* come back and if nothing else they have Erixon they can call up in a pinch

Depth guys might not be the worst thing but they do still have Woywitka

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Vitto79

so if I get this right Wolski and Woywitka are technically still on the active roster/cap just down on conditioning.

So they had to move EC to activate Eminger? Bickel now sits

Note: Steve Eminger Is Ready To Play
posted on February 3rd, 2012 at 1:13 pm

According to a tweet from Andrew Gross, John Tortorella has received a “yes” in regards to Steve Eminger being ready to re-join the lineup.

Katie Strang says that Tortorella wouldn’t commit to playing Eminger on Sunday.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

Steve Eminger says his shooting is back to 100 percent and strength in right shoulder has improved. Working with heavier weights now off ice

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so if I get this right Wolski and Woywitka are technically still on the active roster/cap just down on conditioning.

So they had to move EC to activate Eminger? Bickel now sits

Note: Steve Eminger Is Ready To Play
posted on February 3rd, 2012 at 1:13 pm

According to a tweet from Andrew Gross, John Tortorella has received a “yes” in regards to Steve Eminger being ready to re-join the lineup.

Katie Strang says that Tortorella wouldn’t commit to playing Eminger on Sunday.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

Steve Eminger says his shooting is back to 100 percent and strength in right shoulder has improved. Working with heavier weights now off ice
Bickel did a good job filling in

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I dont wanna lose Bickel in the lineup...love that kid.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
It was apparent that Bickel knew he was going to possibly lose his spot. He really lit the game up on Sunday.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:52 AM
JoeRangers

Bickel took some horrible penalties yesterday. The fighting part of his game was good but that was about it

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
NYR Viper

I just love his aggressiveness. It has been a while since the Rangers have had a legit aggressive d-man. Sauer is physical. Bickel is aggressive.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Bickel took some horrible penalties yesterday. The fighting part of his game was good but that was about it
First of all, one needs to consider that Rinaldo blatantly dove. Second of all, other players took horrible penalties. Third of all, you cannot take one game in which he had 3 minors and color his entire stay in the lineup yesterday. Bickel has a place in the NHL. And, honestly, see no reason why he cannot be a #6 defenseman. If worked with, his game will improve.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:20 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I like Bickel as a #7. Play him against goon teams like the Flyers. Get somebody faster and more even-keeled for the rest of our games.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:23 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I like Bickel as a #7. Play him against goon teams like the Flyers. Get somebody faster and more even-keeled for the rest of our games.
For now I agree. The Rangers have some really solid depth if Sauer can come back. I really think Bickel has the talent and work-ethic to make himself into a solid #5/6 defensive d-man in the future.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
First of all, one needs to consider that Rinaldo blatantly dove. Second of all, other players took horrible penalties. Third of all, you cannot take one game in which he had 3 minors and color his entire stay in the lineup yesterday. Bickel has a place in the NHL. And, honestly, see no reason why he cannot be a #6 defenseman. If worked with, his game will improve.
Problem is, on this team he is #7, IMO.

I wonder if they will send Bickel back to the A if they plan on playing Emmy as the #6 and Woywitka as the fill-in.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBlueshirts View Post
Problem is, on this team he is #7, IMO.

I wonder if they will send Bickel back to the A if they plan on playing Emmy as the #6 and Woywitka as the fill-in.
He would have to clear waivers. Which would not happen.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He would have to clear waivers. Which would not happen.
I agree. I think that Bickel has a place in the lineup. Let's face it. Eminger is also a #6/7 defenseman to begin with. I think that Eminger plays, but I would not be shocked if Bickel makes more appearances than people think.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
eco's bones

As long as Sauer remains out it shouldn't be an issue. Eminger and Bickel can trade back and forth between the 6 and 7 slots. Bickel is much more valuable than Woywitka. If anyone has to go it's him.

I think Bickel would get grabbed on waivers too. I'd rather not chance it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

really lit the game up.

interesting opinion. One Torts seems to share with you guys.

Personally i thought he was AWFUL. Sure, he had 2 fights. he also had a few giveaways, took several undisciplined penalties which allowed Philly to stay in the game, and killed our momentum.

Since when does 2 fights take away from stupid penalties and medicore in zone play.

*shrugs*

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I like Bickel and hope he sticks.

He shouldn't play over Eminger. Bickel has been seeing the ice less than 10 minutes per game. It's obvious Torts doesn't trust him in late-game situations. Eminger played over 15 minutes per game last year. He's the better overall player by a good bit.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Block More Shots

Bickel has been alright for us, nothing spectacular. It's nice to see the physicality that he brings on the bottom pairing, but no way would I sit Eminger in favor of Bick once he's ready to go (which it seems he is).

I think the biggest surprise to note here is Stralman's play. He's been very steady and chips in offensively here and there. Once Sauer comes back, we might see Eminger get replaced rather than Stralman.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Personally i thought he was AWFUL. Sure, he had 2 fights. he also had a few giveaways, took several undisciplined penalties which allowed Philly to stay in the game, and killed our momentum.

Since when does 2 fights take away from stupid penalties and medicore in zone play.

*shrugs*
You cannot have it both ways. He played a physical game. He is young. He will take the penalties that are of the physical variety and some of them will be undisciplined. Beuk had a penchance for taking them too. Not that I am comparing the two players. There is a general outcry that a REALY physical crease clearer is needed. And then when a young defenseman does just that, the outcry instantly changes to 'stupid penalties". Think that Mcglarth will not take them?

Bickel's fights did make a difference to the mentality of the team and the way the game was played, IMO.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
So we ride 8 defenseman on the roster until Sauer returns?
I think not.
Woywitka will probably be a part of a minor deal or put on waivers.
Or Eminger is dealt at the deadline
Cannot see Sather losing Bickel for nothing
I kind of like the guy
At least one of his penalties was bogus BS
And in tight games like this there will be penalties
He served as a deterrance in the game where the NYR stood up and dished out more punishment than the goons from Philly
ME LIKE!!!
Not that he has great value - but he is a #7 piece on a full roster to be used in tougher matchups - possibly waiting for DMac to make it up...

Something like:
McD (Staal) - Girardi
Staal (McD) - Eminger (Sauer??)
MDZ - Strålman
Bickel as #7

Woywitka ??

I think a trade is coming soon. Minor one at that.
When/if Sauer returns - one of Eminger/Bickel (Stråman) is also possibly dealt
I can still see us bringing in another Defender in a trade though...
Time will tell

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
First off, his first penalty was bad no matter if Rinaldo dove or not. He went after him because Rinaldo just threw a big hit on him and ruined the momentum the Rangers had from the early goal. His second penalty was another interference call and was a horrible, lazy penalty to take. His 3rd penalty I could live with most of the time but the Rangers just scored to make it 3-2 and about :30 later he takes a penalty and Rangers have to go on the PK again ruining the momentum they gained from the goal. 2nd of all I wont deny that other players took stupid penalties but we werent talking about them. Thirdly I never said that he didnt have a place in the NHL. I think on this team he's a #7 dman, maybe a #6. Like the guys toughness but would be more comfortable defensively with Eminger in the lineup.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Cmox

No way Bickel sticks. I'm not sure Torts likes the guy. He's been benched a few periods and we even witnessed Torts not being pleased with him. He seems to lack maturity. If they absolutely have to I bet the Rangers put him on waivers/ give him away for nothing.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
You cannot have it both ways. He played a physical game. He is young. He will take the penalties that are of the physical variety and some of them will be undisciplined. Beuk had a penchance for taking them too. Not that I am comparing the two players. There is a general outcry that a REALY physical crease clearer is needed. And then when a young defenseman does just that, the outcry instantly changes to 'stupid penalties". Think that Mcglarth will not take them?

Bickel's fights did make a difference to the mentality of the team and the way the game was played, IMO.
his penalties were stupid. there are PLENTY of physical defenseman out there that don't take idiotic penalties like he did.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

I mentioned this in the PGT for yesterday's game, but I just want to slightly expand on what I said about that first penalty Bickel took.

Remember when Sean Avery was at his height with the Rangers and we used to laugh at the stupid things players would do in reaction to Avery being Avery? That's what Stu Bickel looked like with Rinaldo yesterday. His job in the defensive zone is to stay in position, defend around the net and along the boards, and do it with a physical, but disciplined, edge to his game. His job in the defensive zone is not to go chasing a player up into the slot, who isn't anywhere near the puck, in reaction to a hard hit.

I like Bickel a lot, but that was just dumb. He's young, so hopefully he learns from it.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
NYR Viper

I loved it. It's a regular season game against a team they have a very good chance of seeing in the playoffs. Set the tone. You will not run around on us. You will have to answer for your actions. We stick up for eachother and ourselves.

I would rather lose the game yesterday and literally beat the **** out of that team over winning and just skating away.

Loved the way they played. Love the aggressiveness that has been lacking SOO long in NY. Love this team.