HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL looking into Tom Sestito incident

Old
02-06-2012, 11:59 AM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
i never thought it was possible for me to hate any player in the league more than dan carcillo. sisterito and ronaldo are coming close to topping that. classless move by another flyers **** and further validates why i hate everything philadelphia except the cheesesteak. pig players for pig fans in a pig city, fits the bill quite well.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Flyers are gonna retire Sestito's number.

After all, he is the model of that franchise.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
i never thought it was possible for me to hate any player in the league more than dan carcillo. sisterito and ronaldo are coming close to topping that. classless move by another flyers **** and further validates why i hate everything philadelphia except the cheesesteak. pig players for pig fans in a pig city, fits the bill quite well.
You have not been around the flyers long enough to have Sestito be your most hated. Brashear, Dave Brown, Acton....the list goes on. The names change, but everything remains the same. Though I will say this. The Flyers have tortured the Rangers for a very long time. To me, the Orr knockout of Fedoruk, not only exercised 25 years of agony, but also changed the way the game is played. These Rangers give to the Flyers every bit as good as they get. and they do not get intimidated. To THIS team it makes no difference where they play. They can play the Flyers on a rink, or in an alley somewhere. The teams do not like each other. And know what? That is the way it should be.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Yep. Hate that stupid city and the stupid fans.

Even though I'm not a Giants fan I was that much happier when the Giants won because it means Philly fans have to watch ANOTHER NY championship win.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You have not been around the flyers long enough to have Sestito be your most hated. Brashear, Dave Brown, Acton....the list goes on. The names change, but everything remains the same. Though I will say this. The Flyers have tortured the Rangers for a very long time. To me, the Orr knockout of Fedoruk, not only exercised 25 years of agony, but also changed the way the game is played. These Rangers give to the Flyers every bit as good as they get. and they do not get intimidated. To THIS team it makes no difference where they play. They can play the Flyers on a rink, or in an alley somewhere. The teams do not like each other. And know what? That is the way it should be.
well im 22 and been watching since 94 so im sure there is plenty i missed, in the 18 years im watching hockey i have really not hated any flyer more than carcillo, although im sure if names start being dropped someone else may ring a bell. i remember the orr knockout in 2007? lie someone else said its like when someone goes to the flyers they instantly become like past goons.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
True Blue

Quote:
well im 22 and been watching since 94 so im sure there is plenty i missed, in the 18 years im watching hockey i have really not hated any flyer more than carcillo, although im sure if names start being dropped someone else may ring a bell. i remember the orr knockout in 2007? lie someone else said its like when someone goes to the flyers they instantly become like past goons.
Rinaldo and Sestito are just the latest incarnation. Before them it was Carcillo. Before him, it was Brashear. Before Brashear, it was.....insert the name. Then factor in little pukes like Keith Acton and sprinkle in some one like the Flyer archangel himself, Clarke. Heck, Hextall is detested and he did not even skate to score goals. Forget about the days of Shultz and the Bullies. Need not go further back than a young Lindros. Or Tochet. Tochet was SO hard to play against. The names change. But it is almost always seemingly the same thing.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
GrizMint

Prust is a tough dude. That's all I have to add

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Rinaldo and Sestito are just the latest incarnation. Before them it was Carcillo. Before him, it was Brashear. Before Brashear, it was.....insert the name. Then factor in little pukes like Keith Acton and sprinkle in some one like the Flyer archangel himself, Clarke. Heck, Hextall is detested and he did not even skate to score goals. Forget about the days of Shultz and the Bullies. Need not go further back than a young Lindros. Or Tochet. Tochet was SO hard to play against. The names change. But it is almost always seemingly the same thing.
No mention of Kenny The Rat?

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:14 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
No mention of Kenny The Rat?
I was going to include Linseman as well and for some reason left him out of the rant. For me, the most hated rival were always teh Isles. One would have to be a hockey fan since the early 80's to understand that unbridled hate. But the Flyers were always a close second. The Devils never had the pizzaz for put hatred. I would say that teh Flyers have sole posession of first place at this poitn. With teh Penguins not all that far behind. If the Isles ever get going again, they would be included.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

He's an absolute pig.

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Meh the Flyer mystique ended with this :

Last edited by Miamipuck: 02-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
turcotte8

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Told there will be no league action against Sestito for pulling Prust's hair in fight. Of course not.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Larry Brooks tweeted that he was told the league wouldn't take any action for Sestito's girly hair pulling.

Side-note: Was it him or Rinaldo grabbing DZ's butt? That whole squad is such a joke.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
egelband

Quote:
I was going to include Linseman as well and for some reason left him out of the rant. For me, the most hated rival were always teh Isles. One would have to be a hockey fan since the early 80's to understand that unbridled hate. But the Flyers were always a close second. The Devils never had the pizzaz for put hatred. I would say that teh Flyers have sole posession of first place at this poitn. With teh Penguins not all that far behind. If the Isles ever get going again, they would be included.
fair point. i never really had hate for the devils. first of all, they play a generally straight respectable game. and the rangers beat them on the way to the cup in 94. for the isles i have more dislike, but theyre so pathetic these days... pitt and the caps... they are a little closer to the flyers, but i think the flyers take the cake.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Got this @'d to me after Brooksie's report...wish I could take credit for this gem but I can't, does this account belong to any of you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @migstake
@NYRBlueshirts Maybe the #NHL didn't punish @TomSestito23 because it doesn't have authority over players in fantasy camp!
http://twitter.com/migsTake/statuses/166610596882694144

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Got this @'d to me after Brooksie's report...wish I could take credit for this gem but I can't, does this account belong to any of you guys?

http://twitter.com/migsTake/statuses/166610596882694144

That's gold!

Old
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
eco's bones

Comparing this Flyer's team to the Broadway Bullies version of the Flyers in the 70's is a real reach. Not even close.

Schultz who was the arch-demon of those 70's Flyers teams--was not a great fighter. He was a very good fighter--also a guy who would hair pull--note the Dale Rolfe mugging in the playoffs. He was a guy who would go berserk and the NHL of that day did not have a clue how to handle that kind of ********. Schultz did fight most of the tough guys of his era--a lot of those fights he jumped or suckered someone. He also had a tendency to pick his spots. Rolfe wasn't really a fighter. He once started wailing on Rick Middleton of all people and he liked to go after the willing but much much smaller 5'7" Eddie Johnstone.

He was ably backed up by Don Saleski, Andre 'Moose' Dupont, Bob Kelly, Gary Dornhoeffer etc. Bobby Clarke was not really a fighter. He may have been the dirtiest player of his era though. A number of bench clearing brawls began because of **** he started and couldn't finish. Bill Barber was maybe the premier diver of his era. Ed Van Impe--another very dirty player. Basically that team started winning by outslugging other teams. Not so much hockey--more like roller derby.

They had some talent. Clarke, Reggie Leach--excellent goal scorer, Rick MacLeish, Barber. Dornhoeffer, Dupont, the Watson brothers were all good players. Bernie Parent was a great goalie.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Rinaldo is Carcillo on steroids. What the piece of garbage Talbot did was way worse than hair pulling. He tried to intentionally hurt McD and is something Acton was known for.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Rinaldo is Carcillo on steroids. What the piece of garbage Talbot did was way worse than hair pulling. He tried to intentionally hurt McD and is something Acton was known for.
How was that not a kneeing call?

Old
02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I feel like every year the Flyers have to meet and maintain a scum bag quota.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
How was that not a kneeing call?
I believe the Flyers commentators referred to that play as an uncalled dive by McDonagh...

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Comparing this Flyer's team to the Broadway Bullies version of the Flyers in the 70's is a real reach. Not even close.
I was not comparing them, Eco. I was simply saying that the generations change, the names on the back change, but it is still the same thing. Hammer, Moose & Kelly were more than enough for most to handle. Some great teams to be had, but the Actons, Linsemans, Clarkes, Rinalso, Carillo, you name it.....

However, NOW, it seems that we can finally answer the Flyers tit for tat. THIS Rangers team can play them anyway they like. Anywhere they like.

If nothing else, the Flyers have been consistent.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
To be fair, I am sure that the Penguin fans are saying teh same thing about Rupp, for his knee on Staal.

Rinaldo is still young. I am sure that he will do something to graduate to Carcillo territory.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
I believe the Flyers commentators referred to that play as an uncalled dive by McDonagh...
Didn't know you could be more of a homer than Jack Edwards, or the pittsburgh and Avalanche crew.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
egelband

Quote:
To be fair, I am sure that the Penguin fans are saying teh same thing about Rupp, for his knee on Staal.

Rinaldo is still young. I am sure that he will do something to graduate to Carcillo territory.
i was surprised more wasnt made about that. it didnt look too bad but it certainly didnt look too kosher either.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote