HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The positive things about this season

Old
02-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

vCash: 500
The positive things about this season

Hey guys.

I had the idea when I was in my philosophy class (it was so boring omg ) why not list all the positive things about this 2011-2012 season? I will name a few and you'll continue if you wish.

Erik Cole: Who would have thought after he was signed last summer that he would be so good? He is awesome (and I hope it will stay like that) and is probably a leader.

Max Pacioretty: Great return of Max Pac after his violent injury last year.

David Desharnais: Great line with Max and Erik Cole. I hope he will stay with the Habs.

Carey Price: With the team he has we can state that he does things right. He gets better and better.

Josh Gorges: Dear haters...

Alexei Emelin: I'm really happy that we have this guy with the Habs. He hits everyone on his road!

About the games, there's the one against the Jets and against the Detroit Red Wings. Maybe the first two meetings against the Bruins because we beat them.

And you, what would you add?

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:07 PM
PATCHESx67

will have a top ten 1st round pick....last one was Carey Price

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Franked

A high draft pick?

Franked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
PricePkPatch

PK Subban becoming more and more reliable as a top-2 defenseman. Learning under incredible pressure.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
No more Jacques Martin

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Dude, Philosophy is awesome. Go back to class!

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
WestIslander

My positives:

1) The play of Carey Price, Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Alexei Emelin, all players drafted or acquired from juniors/AHL/KHL by Montreal.

2) The play of Erik Cole, Josh Gorges and how they were both great acquisitions.

3) The acquisition of Bourque, YES, I like this guy and the fact that he came with Holland and a 2nd round draft pick makes the deal ever better, Cammalleri will never score 39 goals in this league again, mark my words!

4) The CORE future of Price, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, White, Palushaj, Leblanc, Subban, Emelin, Tinordi and Beaulieu

5) The fact that we are going to draft either Yakupov, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Murray or Galchenyuk this June

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
EmelinHipCheck

1- Louis Leblanc
2- L'Oreille
3- Erik Cole
4- Pac-DD-Cole
5- Gorges
6- Raphael Diaz
7- Alexei Emelin
8- Can't be worse

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
No way buddy, it sucks.

West > I don't think so with Bourque. Maybe the deal was great because we got a 2nd round pick but Bourque does nothing at the moment. I start to think that Bourque will be the same as Cammy.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Hey guys.

I had the idea when I was in my philosophy class (it was so boring omg ) why not list all the positive things about this 2011-2012 season? I will name a few and you'll continue if you wish.

Erik Cole: Who would have thought after he was signed last summer that he would be so good? He is awesome (and I hope it will stay like that) and is probably a leader.

David Desharnais: Great line with Max and Erik Cole. I hope he will stay with the Habs.

Carey Price: With the team he has we can state that he does things right. He gets better and better.

Alexei Emelin: I'm really happy that we have this guy with the Habs. He hits everyone on his road!

About the games, there's the one against the Jets and against the Detroit Red Wings. Maybe the first two meetings against the Bruins because we beat them.

Me

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
philosophy is awesome depending on the teacher

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Hey guys.

Josh Gorges: Dear haters...:naughty:

LOL, I still remember everybody complaining how because we didnt sign him long term last summer, he'll be insulted and sign elsewhere. |And then the complaining about his contract amount and length (ppl forgot that he'll still be in his prime when it ends) started. Oh well, with every year, this contract will look better. Unfortunately, haters will continue hating cause they feel a need to.

Montreal4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Me
Proof or it didn't happen.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:51 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
high draft pick
desharnais
cole
max
boomboom emelin

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
gillyguzzler

Top 5 for me in no particular order :

Emelin - after a difficult start under JM, WOW! This kid is playing great hockey and is getting better. He is fun to watch.

Cole - another player who is fun to watch. His speed is incredible and his drives to the net are impressive. You just know he's going to burn the D and cut to the net and he succeeds more often than not.

DD - I remember in the pre-season suggesting that DD center our second line. The HF experts jumped all over my post screaming that there was no way DD could play that role and he was a 3rd line winger at best. He's not a prototypical 1st line center but he's doing a pretty good imitation of one.

MaxPac - what a comeback after such a devastating injury. Should score 30 goals and that's incredible for him.

Gorges - what a comeback after a bad knee injury. He should start rubbing against Markov's knee to get the old Russian going again.

Honourable mentions : Carey Price (other than shootouts), AK (sign him or trade him), Diaz (better than expected), Subban (drives us all crazy at times but will be a great asset for years to come), Eller (the potential is there).

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Proof or it didn't happen.
My proof is that Andy ripped off my tetris metaphor.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I think the best part of this season is L'Oreille is back! Either that or the hitting of Emelin has been fun to watch.

Quote:
West > I don't think so with Bourque. Maybe the deal was great because we got a 2nd round pick but Bourque does nothing at the moment. I start to think that Bourque will be the same as Cammy.
Even if so, Cammy will be getting 7M next season and the following. What good is a playoff sniper @ 7M if you don't make the playoffs. At least we got a 2nd, an interesting prospect and a guy that scores around the same clip but is bigger and brings more grit/physical game while saving close to 3M on the cap.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Hey guys.

I agree on all your choices. But I would add Diaz who is doing a solid job for a rookie who has to adapt to NHL and North America.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I agree on all your choices. But I would add Diaz who is doing a solid job for a rookie who has to adapt to NHL and North America.
I don't very like Diaz at the moment. He reminds me of Streit. He seems stressed with the puck.

Or maybe it's just me.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Our draft position will put us in position to select one of Grigorenko, Forsberg, Galchenyuk. It's our chance to get the superstar forward we've been lacking for years.

Alexei Emelin: I really hope he resigns with us this summer and doesn't go back to Russia. He's been a revelation and quickly rising up the depth charts. HUGE hits on almost a nightly basis.

AlexGalchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
No way buddy, it sucks.
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you because well, you probably don't even exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
philosophy is awesome depending on the teacher
Yes. It also depends on the course. Actually it doesn't... it's just plain awesome. Where else can you have a debate on what colour the number nine is? I mean seriously, it is the Seinfeld degree... the degree about nothing. Great stuff.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 02-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

Yes. It also depends on the course. Actually it doesn't... it's just plain awesome. Where else can you have a debate on what colour the number nine is? I mean seriously, it is the Seinfeld degree... the degree about nothing. Great stuff.
trust me. If you ever want to ever write stuff and be considered seriously, developing your written critical argumentation skills is not something to snob at. Either as a hockey analyst, commentator, critic, blogger, etc...

If you just never wanna make anything of your lives regarding written communications, then yhea. It might be useless. But better have a skill you might never use that needing a skill you never developped, I'd say.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
trust me. If you ever want to ever write stuff and be considered seriously, developing your written critical argumentation skills is not something to snob at. Either as a hockey analyst, commentator, critic, blogger, etc...

If you just never wanna make anything of your lives regarding written communications, then yhea. It might be useless. But better have a skill you might never use that needing a skill you never developped, I'd say.
Just to clarify, I was kidding when I said Seinfeld degree. I wasn't kidding when I said Philosophy was great.

It is.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Joe Cole

Positives:

Pachioretty: signs that he will be back to where he was. I don't think he is consistently as good as, but he is getting there.

Cole: best free agent signing I can think of. Good model for young players

DD: I admit, I did not think he would pan out. Happy to be wrong

Emelin: a D who hits (even if his positioning is sometimes curious)

Price: solid

Eller: a step forward

Subban: despite mis-steps, he is on path to become a good one. Hopefully it will be in Montreal

AK: producing in third line role

As much as it sucks to let a pure scorer slip through your fingers, I am happy I do not have to watch Cammy sulk, his "whoa is me" body language made me wanna scream.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

And I want to be an analyst (or something like that. I want to go in journalism at University.

You'll see me on RDS guys.
NOT.