HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

'11/'12: Leafs Trade Rumors/Proposals: Trades a comin? Hmmm maybe not.

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
ChuckWoods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
I wonder what it would take to get JVR?
A legit Top 4 D-man and a solid pick/prospect would be their asking price IMO.

JVR has a lengthy contract at a price that would be reasonable if he see's some of his potential come to light (6x$4.25m). Philly has the ability to currently absorb a little over $4million in return.

Philly has options, and one of them includes not moving JVR. But they'll be looking to bolster their blueline for their playoff run.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I didn't know the fans in Tampa ran the team, I agree that Koivu is super unlikely but I'd love to have him as the Leafs #1C
Kind of like how Leaf fans run the Leafs and come up with multiple proposals a week then spend hours bickering over the value? Sorry to break this to you, but this is a fan based forum. No one knows what goes on in the GMs mind, if you want to not take seriously what Tampa fans have been saying, fine. Then I'm going to start haggling for Kessel, and who cares what you say. Your just a fan, you don't run the team

Old
02-06-2012, 02:12 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Kind of like how Leaf fans run the Leafs and come up with multiple proposals a week then spend hours bickering over the value? Sorry to break this to you, but this is a fan based forum. No one knows what goes on in the GMs mind, if you want to not take seriously what Tampa fans have been saying, fine. Then I'm going to start haggling for Kessel, and who cares what you say. Your just a fan, you don't run the team
I agree with some of this but not all. When a proposal comes up and people discuss the deal is one thing but when someone comes in and says " there isn't anything on your team at all that would interest mine" is stupid and then a comment like "good thing you don't know what that g.m. is thinking or likes" is warranted.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:13 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
My point with Vinny is Tampa has the forward depth to handle the loss and if they're going to get the D they need, 1st rd, and a solid forward prospect and clear $$ off the books for free agent pickups why not?

Old
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
ANYUNKNOWNUSERNAME
Rookie User

Jeff Carter

I had to create an a account just to comment here because it is bothering me.

You guys talk about a possible Jeff Carter trade suggesting Tim Connolly a 1st round pick and Matt Frattin.

Forget about Matt Frattin. Just Connolly and a 1st is too much. I think Carter would be a great addition, don't get me wrong but Jeff Carter was originally traded for:

1-Jakub Voracek - A young (22yrs) 50 point scorer

and

2-A 1st Round draft Pick.

Now, Every sports analyst on the planet is saying that Jeff Carters trade value has gone down SUBSTANTIALLY.

Tim Connolly is a 70 point scorer, granted he is a bit older, but still in his prime.
And a first round pick.
Forget about Matt Frattin in this deal, Tim Connolly alone is more than enough to pry Jeff Carter.

Now Toronto has 8 starting D-men, and realistically only need 7, so expect them to trade 1 at least. So a more likely trade would be, and there a number of different possible combinations but here's mine:

Luke Schenn (Young, Medium-High level Prospect D-man, with great attitude)
and
4th round Draft pick

For

Jeff Carter (already been stated)
and
3rd Round Draft Pick

Obviously if a trade like this happens, Burke would have to make some adjustments to accommodate the cap hit, but there is only about 1 million difference after detecting their current space, so that wouldn't be difficult.

Point is You guys have Carters Trade value way too high.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

^Connolly is not a 70 pt scorer. His career high is 65 pts and he's only scored above 50 pts twice in his career (probably would have more times if not for his injuries). Only on pace for 41 this year.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANYUNKNOWNUSERNAME View Post

You guys talk about a possible Jeff Carter trade suggesting Tim Connolly a 1st round pick and Matt Frattin.

Forget about Matt Frattin. Just Connolly and a 1st is too much. I think Carter would be a great addition, don't get me wrong but Jeff Carter was originally traded for:

and

Now, Every sports analyst on the planet is saying that Jeff Carters trade value has gone down SUBSTANTIALLY.

Tim Connolly is a 70 point scorer, granted he is a bit older, but still in his prime.
And a first round pick.
Forget about Matt Frattin in this deal, Tim Connolly alone is more than enough to pry Jeff Carter.

Now Toronto has 8 starting D-men, and realistically only need 7, so expect them to trade 1 at least. So a more likely trade would be, and there a number of different possible combinations but here's mine:

and
4th round Draft pick

For

and
3rd Round Draft Pick

Obviously if a trade like this happens, Burke would have to make some adjustments to accommodate the cap hit, but there is only about 1 million difference after detecting their current space, so that wouldn't be difficult.

You actually believe Connolly is a 70 point player and better than Voracek?

Old
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
SprDaVE

Obvious troll is obvious.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:

and

And a first round pick.

and
4th round Draft pick

For

and
3rd Round Draft Pick

Wow. Value of Luke Schenn>>>>>value of Tim Connolly. Connolly is more like a 30 year old 50 point man at this point.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Obvious troll is obvious.
I'm hoping so. Evaluation is so off it's not even funny.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Toronto Maple Leafs
No, I'd prefer if he didn't post it there either.

Even on the Leafs board there's a "crazy trade proposal" thread just for fun.

I doubt any of the players listed are realistic targets at this point but who knows I guess?

As a Leaf fan I have low expectations leading up to the trade deadline. I could see a trade for a gritty third liner but that's about all this year IMO.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
ANYUNKNOWNUSERNAME
Rookie User

Tim Connolly's point totals, pro-rated

05-06 = 73
07-08 = 68
08-09 = 80
09-10 = 73

Granted the results are pro-rated, if he didn't get hurt it would be visible.

But I my point had nothing to do with Connolly really, more to do with Carter.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Jones would be a great addition.

If Ryan Malone is a Ryane Clowe lite... David Jones is a Ryan Malone lite.

Not huge, but 220 and 6'2 which is solid... decent scoring touch... good for about 40 points.

Had a nice year last year... very good bottom six guy.
Pretty much. Would be a versatile big body for that third line but before we can discuss these types of players, Burke needs to figure out what he wants to do with Lombardi. Our 3rd line for next year will essentially be (?) - Connolly - Armstrong. I'm hoping Kadri gets that spot, however, if he somehow finds a spot in the top 6, I'd welcome a Jones addition.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Turk Broda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
Really?

I have the sense that a deal like that or similar is the farthest thing from happening
I really hope you're right. I don't mind if one of our defenceman are moved, but only if a young forward or picks/prospects are part of the return.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
ANYUNKNOWNUSERNAME
Rookie User

I think you miss read. I WAS suggesting that Schenn's trade value is greater than Connolly's.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:34 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
I think you miss read. I WAS suggesting that Schenn's trade value is greater than Connolly's.
You suggested Tim Connolly alone is more than enough to get Jeff Carter. Then you went on to suggest that Schenn for Carter pretty much straight up was fair value. I think you forgot to think your post threw.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:34 PM
dfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Pretty much. Would be a versatile big body for that third line but before we can discuss these types of players, Burke needs to figure out what he wants to do with Lombardi. Our 3rd line for next year will essentially be (?) - Connolly - Armstrong. I'm hoping Kadri gets that spot, however, if he somehow finds a spot in the top 6, I'd welcome a Jones addition.
let's hope he's not a part of that line.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Budsfan

Quote:

and

And a first round pick.

and
4th round Draft pick

For

and
3rd Round Draft Pick

Like your user name....LOL

I don't think it will cost us Frattin as well but we may have to add a B prospect or another draft pick maybe a 5th.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
ANYUNKNOWNUSERNAME
Rookie User

Connolly For Carter I did say.

Schenn for Carter I did not.

I said Schenn and a 4th for Carter and a 3rd. Because Columbus is almost guaranteed the first pick, we would essentially be trading a mid pack 4th for a 2nd.

Yet you are still missing my point.
Here it is again in simple form

Jeff Carter will be traded for SUBSTANTIALLY LESS than:

A young, reasonably good prospect.

and

1st Round Pick

Old
02-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Retro

Tim Connolly couldn't be given away right now!

Columbus would want young players and picks.. not overrated, overpaid players!

For Carter you can expect to loss Schenn or Kadri or Aulie.. etc.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
Ottawa counters, our untouchables are: Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, Turris, Karlsson, Cowen, Foligno, Stone, Zibanejad, Lehner, Prince, Puempel, Pageau, Silfverberg. So that leaves Condra, Smith, Daugavins, Butler, Kuba, Gonchar, Da Costa, Phillips, Auld, Konopka, Carkner or any other prospects or draft picks.

List of players sens want from Toronto:

Phil Kessel

I'm sure Smith+Condra+1st should get anyone on that list

Old
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Hyperglide

If Connolly + Pick for Carter was on the table don't you think it would've already been a done deal?

There's a reason why Connolly doesn't come up in a lot of trades, it is because he has negative value. You have to practically give him away, even for another negative value deal for Carter (whose albatross contract and injuries are a concern).

But Carter is still better then Connolly even at 10 more years on his contract. Jackets will want futures. Not a negative value salary dump, injury prone and struggling 1st/3rd line tweener, who disappears for long stretches of a season.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
lol, every fanbase has guys like this.
Wow a wish list that I fully understand that acquiring any one of these guys is extremely unlikely makes me "one of them" Actually its posters like you who come into threads just to post crap like this who are the ones who think their just too cool for HF so maybe find a new site then!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
I'd rather keep trash like this off the boards completely ...let him stick to EA's nhl 2007
Trash really I think you post is trash. Now please explain how my thread in any way states that I actually expect any of these trades to happen? It is a WISH LIST do you follow that??? What makes it fun is anything is possible and with Burke as a GM us Leaf fans never know whats coming as far as trades go. So please keep your whiny posts contained to the texts you send your mom about why you have no friends.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
No Bobby Ryan?

The package will not include any of Kessel, Lupul, McArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Liles, Reimer and Gustavsson. So Schenn, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Franson, Aulie, Komisarek(cap reasons), Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, Kadri, Colbourne, Frattin, 1st and 2nd rd picks and any other prospect or bottom 6 player not mentioned.

If one or more of the bolded players are not included you can cross Getzlaf off the list. He's still a top ten center in the league despite the slump and you have to give to get.

Ducks won't take any of those underlined players unless it's something like

Schenn
Gardiner
Bozak
Kadri
1st

and please don't cite the Richards trade. Philly was dumping Richards because they didn't want him anymore. They took the best possible deal. The Ducks aren't TRYING to get rid of Getzlaf. It will take a lot to move our captain and top line center.
LOL!! Wow I hope you're joking, I really do...

Schenn, Gardiner, Kadri, Bozak, 1st 2012 for Bobby *****ing Ryan? Wow that's hilarious. In case you haven't watched enough hockey in your life, Ryan is not Malkin or Stamkos, not even close. You're gonna be greatly disappointed if Ryan gets traded, the return will not be anywhere near that.

Kadri + Colborne + MacArthur + Holzer is the max you'd get. Don't get your hopes up.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Carter for Kadri + Pick + Komi

Closed Thread