HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
You mean inconsistent, slow, big but not overly physical, very little offense and stone hands? Your right, he'll fit right in!
Yea exactly lol

Old
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
If we pick him up on waivers, doesn't he have to stick with the big club for some time?
I think he has to stay up for a month, but I'm unclear on that myself.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
If we pick him up on waivers, doesn't he have to stick with the big club for some time?
Hold on. Let me ask Siri.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Hm. Hamill, Hickey, Van Reimsdyk, Turris, Voracek, Ellerby, MacMillan, Riley Nash, Gilles, Plante, Esposito...

Seems like that 2007 has a lot of players who are struggling to find their feet and/or consistency in the NHL.

I don't care what people say about JVR...he has been a bit of a letdown, considering he was 2 overall. A lot a talk of him being traded...

It's funny Turris, Voracek, Eller, Shattenkirk, Esposito, Hammil (maybe), MacMillan, Nash, McDonagh...none of those guys stuck with the team that drafted them. Really didn't get a lot of time with the club that drafted them either...

Pat Kane was a no brainer
McDonagh has looked good (but he came from MTL, not NYR drafted)

maybe Pacioretty?

no one else is really killing it from that first round draft class.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Tadite

It was thought to be one of the worst (if not the worst) draft year in modern NHL history.

I'm a bit amazed at how much the anti-hype turned out to be correct.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I think he has to stay up for a month, but I'm unclear on that myself.
If the Kings claim Hamill, he would still be subject to waivers. So they could turn around the next day(or anytime this season) and place him BACK on waivers with the intention of sending him down, but he would have to clear waivers. Now if at that time (with the Kings sticking him on waivers) if Boston puts in a claim, and is the ONLY one to put in a claim at that time, they could get him back and send him down without him having to clear waivers again. This has happened with Brett MacLean (PHO/WPG/PHO(minors)) and Taylor Chorney (EDM/STL/EDM(minors)) this year.

So in short, no he doesn't HAVE to stay with the big club for any length of time, but there is basically no way he will end up in Manchester since most likely BOS would claim him back and put him in Providence anyways.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
If the Kings claim Hamill, would still be subject to waivers. So they could turn around the next day(or anytime this season) and place him BACK on waivers with the intention of sending him down, but he would have to clear waivers. Now if at that time (with the Kings sticking him on waivers) if Boston puts in a claim, and is the ONLY one to put in a claim at that time, they could get him back and send him down without him having to clear waivers again. This has happened with Brett MacLean (PHO/WPG/PHO(minors)) and Taylor Chorney (EDM/STL/EDM(minors)) this year.

So in short, no he doesn't HAVE to stay with the big club for any length of time, but there is basically no way he will end up in Manchester since most likely BOS would claim him back and put him in Providence anyways.
Thanks for the explanation.

I still say we take a chance on Hamil and send Lokti back to Manch.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
It was thought to be one of the worst (if not the worst) draft year in modern NHL history.

I'm a bit amazed at how much the anti-hype turned out to be correct.
Yea honestly...about a year or two after I was saying...there's no way that was the worst year looking at some of those names. But REALLY...a lot of them just haven't developed.

You know people may hate on Hickey, but we might really be playing it safe burying the kid in th eminors for a few years and letting him develop. Looks like a lot of those guys were rushed to the NHL and crashed out on the teams that drafted them.

Even some of the late round scores are few and far between.

Yanick Weber in the 3rd
Simmonds in the 2nd (didn't stay with his draft team)
Subban in the 2nd
Galiardi in the 2nd
Spaling in the 2nd
Kampfer in the 4th (Didn't stay with his draft team)
Justin Falk (Minny not Carolina) in the 4th
Halischuk in the 4th (Didn't stay with his draft team)
Carl Hagelin in the 6th
Carl Gunnarsson in the 7th

That's really about it.....

you're talking 10 players who actually look good from about...what...210 drafted past the 1st round, and 4 of those came in the 2nd.

That's awful.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Capn Brown

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Semin/1/41936

Quote:
* LA, Vancouver, Chicago and Toronto are the teams who appear most seriously gearing up for Nash.

Can't we just get Simmonds back, somehow?

Old
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
If the Kings claim Hamill, he would still be subject to waivers. So they could turn around the next day(or anytime this season) and place him BACK on waivers with the intention of sending him down, but he would have to clear waivers. Now if at that time (with the Kings sticking him on waivers) if Boston puts in a claim, and is the ONLY one to put in a claim at that time, they could get him back and send him down without him having to clear waivers again. This has happened with Brett MacLean (PHO/WPG/PHO(minors)) and Taylor Chorney (EDM/STL/EDM(minors)) this year.

How could you not feel for Taylor Chorney in that situation?

Dude plays 12 games with Edmonton start of the year, put on waivers gets claimed, has to fly to St. Louis, plays 2 games with them, is put back on waivers, gets claimed by Edmonton, has to fly back to Alberta, plays 3 games, and then is sent down and has to fly to Oklahoma City (Edmontons minor affiliate.)

That's a long ****ing week. Haha.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lombardi talks trade deadline, and he's traveling with the team to Florida. Perhaps a first hand look at some player(s) he's interested in from Tampa Bay...
Quote:
“The question about the rentals is just the price. If you look back, and you take all the deadline deals — just look at them and line them up — you’ve got all kinds of juice on deadline day, but how many of them have really effected the team? There’s this perception of all this juice and action, then you look at what really happens. Last year, arguably, we got one of the top players. How many players had average 25 goals? That was, `Wow, that was a big deal.’ In terms of the rentals, that’s always going to be there. As a practical matter, we don’t have a second and a third (round draft picks). Manchester is still a very young team, but you always have to be cognizant that (new) guys are coming through.’’

Question: So, as you look at it, it’s still a matter of finding the right fit?

LOMBARDI: “It’s being cognizant of knowing what we’ve got coming and knowing what we’ve got now. It’s knowing who we’ve got coming and who is going to help this team next year, and making (a potential move) fit with that. With a rental, you can say, `I don’t care if it doesn’t fit with these kids that are coming,’ but with other (trades), it’s, `OK, let’s trend this way.’’’

Question: But how patient can you afford to be? What if the only real option is a player who doesn’t necessarily “fit’’ with other things?

LOMBARDI: “I don’t have a problem with that. But as far as what’s out there, it’s like I said. There are probably seven or eight out there, but out of them, the ones that will be there as rentals, one of them will probably hit. Those are usually the ones that go to a really good team and don’t have to carry the mail.’
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/02/06...hy/#more-20341

Old
02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Please not Malone

*falls to his knees and prays*

Old
02-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

If he trades Malone for Berneir, i'll lose it.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Lombardi talks trade deadline, and he's traveling with the team to Florida. Perhaps a first hand look at some player(s) he's interested in from Tampa Bay...

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/02/06...hy/#more-20341
Earth to Dean, we only have one scoring prospect "coming", and it won't be soon.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sounds like he is strongly considering rentals.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Old
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If he fails...this might be the only rental available to him...

Old
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Start Parise talk now!

I would love to see Dean go all out for Nash.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
tomd

“The question about the rentals is just the price. If you look back, and you take all the deadline deals — just look at them and line them up — you’ve got all kinds of juice on deadline day, but how many of them have really effected the team? There’s this perception of all this juice and action, then you look at what really happens. Last year, arguably, we got one of the top players. How many players had average 25 goals? That was, `Wow, that was a big deal.’ In terms of the rentals, that’s always going to be there. As a practical matter, we don’t have a second and a third (round draft picks). Manchester is still a very young team, but you always have to be cognizant that (new) guys are coming through.’’

Question: So, as you look at it, it’s still a matter of finding the right fit?

LOMBARDI: “It’s being cognizant of knowing what we’ve got coming and knowing what we’ve got now. It’s knowing who we’ve got coming and who is going to help this team next year, and making (a potential move) fit with that. With a rental, you can say, `I don’t care if it doesn’t fit with these kids that are coming,’ but with other (trades), it’s, `OK, let’s trend this way.’’’

Question: But how patient can you afford to be? What if the only real option is a player who doesn’t necessarily “fit’’ with other things?

LOMBARDI: “I don’t have a problem with that. But as far as what’s out there, it’s like I said. There are probably seven or eight out there, but out of them, the ones that will be there as rentals, one of them will probably hit. Those are usually the ones that go to a really good team and don’t have to carry the mail.’

And this man is in charge of a hockey team? We are screwed.

Halpern in 2010; Pancake boy in 2011. Enough said.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Tadite

The thing about Nash is that because the Blue Jackets are the worst run organization in hockey they can't even get value for their most valuable player. A cap hit that high means nearly no team in the NHL can have him and still have a team. They've cap priced themselves out of the market.

Heck if Nash was on the team our top 5 players (Nash, Richards Kopitar, DD, and JJ) would make nearly 32 Million. That's half the whole cap for the team! For 5 players... worst yet one of them isn't even the goalie.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
And this man is in charge of a hockey team? We are screwed.

Halpern in 2010; Pancake boy in 2011. Enough said.
What was your point. DL was just talking about reality. That's just GM 101 stuff.

It's basic management. None of that's ground breaking it's all normal.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Duc620

LOMBARDI: “I don’t have a problem with that. But as far as what’s out there, it’s like I said. There are probably seven or eight out there, but out of them, the ones that will be there as rentals, one of them will probably hit. Those are usually the ones that go to a really good team and don’t have to carry the mail.

The important part is underlined.

Lombardi and Sutter, over the past two days, have basically told this team that they are going to have to do this - there is no magic ingredient. This group has to learn to step up and get it done.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Shellz

I don't know how you could be upset with the Penner trade.

Old
02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Johnny Utah

The cold hard truth.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...rade/125/41938

Old
02-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Tadite

Truth and Dancing Boy have nothing to do with each other. Guy willingly hangs out with Eklund for goodness sake...

They're irrelevant to intelligent hockey discussions.

Closed Thread