HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats Lupul

Old
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
CellarDweller0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Buff View Post
Shoe in for the Masterton.

That Jake Gardiner kid aint half bad, either.
I've been calling this from the beginning of the season but everyone else was saying Crosby would get it because it was Crosby. That was probably true but until Crosby comes back and is able to show that he can play for long time without his injury coming back I still say Lupul should get it.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:04 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
At the time of the trade Schenn was our number one shutdown defender and Phaneuf was playing fantastic with his new partner Aulie. Beauch was valuable to us but losing him was not nearly as tramatic for the Leafs as you make it out to be. Honestly, I don't see any real negative impact from the move and both teams seem to have benifitted from it. The Leafs grant it seem to have done a bit better since the deal...

Losing Beauchimen did nothing to hurt the Leafs GA at the time of the deal. You may argue that this was the result of the play of Reimer who had just inherited the starting goaltender position but you cannot say that our GA was negatively impacted by the trade. Our GAA actually went down after the Beauchimen deal and it has stayed down despite some inconsistancies in team goaltending this season.

Schenn may have started the season poorly for the second year in a row but Gardiner and Liles have done wonders in improving our puck movement out of the zone. Not sure about your comment regarding additional turnovers in our own zone...never noticed anything of the kind myself. I remember several posters worried that our team would have problems with additional turnovers after Beauch left but I remember nothing of them actually occuring more often than in the past.
The last 2 games have been better though I'm talking about how the leafs get hemmed into their own zone (especially the kessel line) that have difficulty winning puck battles along the wall. The defenders have been making fast and simple zone clearing passes but under an aggressive forecheck they have coughed up the puck. Or at best clear the puck to the line but not out. Beauchi made a good first pass under pressure.

And for the third time I would still do the trade - it came at a cost as Beauchi contributed positively - but the trade was well worth it from what we got in return.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

vCash: 50
One year wonder, or return to glory?

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:36 PM
RogerRoeper*

Beachemin was terrible on the Leafs. Aulie took his spot and played better last season.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
said he was a stop-gap.

how was i supposed to know?

does Burke trade him now that his stock is higher than it will ever be?
you say a lot of things that you dont know ...

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Beaninfritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Beachemin was terrible on the Leafs. Aulie took his spot and played better last season.
Couldn't agree more. I'm not too sure where people are always getting these "He was one of our best d-men!, etc.".

Granted, when he first came to Toronto, well, the whole team was a wreck, so I wasn't expecting too much. But I can't count the number of times he coughed up the puck in his own end, and basically gave the opposition an easy goal.

Now it might have been because he was playing more minutes than he did in Anaheim, but I honestly didn't see anything spectacular about his play when he was on the Leafs, and I haven't heard otherwise since he went back to Anaheim.

He might have been a good to good+ d-man when he played on the cup-winning Ducks, but since then he hasn't exactly shown much at all.

If I had to give him an overall grade while he was on the Leafs, it would be either a C- or C.

Beaninfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
BozakKadriKessel

This turned out to be a veryyyy good deal for the leafs. Much deserved lupul.

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Bodybr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
One year wonder, or return to glory?
Defs not.

Next to Kessel he is the most talented player on the team. As long as hes healthy I dont see why this guy doesn't pot 70+ pts a season for the rest of his career. (Well until his old days)

Bodybr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Nebraska17

Send a message via MSN to Nebraska17
How could anybody be complaining about this trade?

The Leafs got the two best assets in the deal PLUS a draft pick. Hard to do much better than that in a three player trade.

Nebraska17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
GOLeafsWootWoot

Oh did he finally get it in with that interview girl?

GOLeafsWootWoot is offline   Reply With Quote