HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 04:02 PM
tomd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
What was your point. DL was just talking about reality. That's just GM 101 stuff.

It's basic management. None of that's ground breaking it's all normal.
he talks gibberish all the time...he needs to talk that way to give the impression he is a deep thinker and the smartest guy in the room. He took about 500 words to say nothing.

Old
02-06-2012, 04:04 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
If he fails...this might be the only rental available to him...
Awesome.

Old
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Tadite

He talks like a lawyer or academic.

To be honest I'd rather the guy who gives the long-winded answer then someone who just throws out the cliche. Admittedly it's all really basic (not much supply lots of demand, most trades at this time are crap, most good players don't get moved, big trade vr. prospects, ete) but at the same time it's a couple steps above what the average hockey fan understands. DL gives a basic idea of the decision process. Most GM's either ignore the question or lie.

Goodness we get enough lunacy in trade boards/threads! So I think it raises the discussions a bit more because of the depth.

Old
02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I don't know how you could be upset with the Penner trade.
Obviously it is disappointing right now, but you are right; the trade was unanimously praised when it occurred, and not just by us, but also most around the league. Even Oilers fans were upset with the deal at first thinking it wasn't enough. There is just a lot more wrong right now than you can even count.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
If he fails...this might be the only rental available to him...
Nonsense, Dean won't part with what it takes to get a top flight ride like that. He's got his eye on this fixer-uper that he used once in Philadelphia. I hear that he can get a good deal.

Old
02-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino

Old
02-06-2012, 04:45 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Obviously it is disappointing right now, but you are right; the trade was unanimously praised when it occurred, and not just by us, but also most around the league. Even Oilers fans were upset with the deal at first thinking it wasn't enough. There is just a lot more wrong right now than you can even count.
Indeed. I remember going to the 1st or 2nd home game after the trade and the Team LA store was stocked full of Penner jersey's. Haha, if only we knew then what we know now...

Old
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Johnny, I think it's time we had an intervention. You're taking DB's words as the truth?

Old
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

He's hopeless.

It's all just **** Richards I love Simmonds posts every time.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Reaper45

Honestly, I don't want him to do anything at the deadline unless he can get some bottom 6 help for cheap.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Great trade when it happened. I am sure if we could go back with a knowledge of what would happen we wouldn't go through with it. But at the time it was a great trade.

Penner himself has made it a bad trade.

At times the guy looks like he can play so well....then for the other 9 games he doesn't show up.

But that one game is pretty nice...

Old
02-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Easily, I hated the idea of getting Penner from day one.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
ditto

Old
02-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Johnny Utah

I haven't like one Lombardi trade since the Justin Williams one.

The Penner, Cammalleri, Purcell, Richards trades.....all those deals I hated and still do.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:38 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Quote:
After not signing any of the free agents in the past 5 years because of long term deals, and not
I've read in these boards that DL went after Marian Hossa & Marian Gaborik then I was here for Ilya Kovalchuk & Brad Richards.

I wasn't a hockey fan then, but which Free Agent was closest to sign here in LA?

Old
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Out of those 4, probably Gaborik. It was rumored that he offered for us to match the Rangers offer. Dean didn't want to because of his injury history and the length of the team, but the cost was fine. Ordered from most interested to least: Gaborik, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Richards.

Gaborik (was rumored to be interested in us for a while but we just couldn't overlook his injured history), Hossa (was interested and Dean matched Chicago's deal, but he had a better offer which obviously worked out for him in Chicago), Kovalchuk (toying with us to increase deal), and Richards (had no interest whatsoever in leaving the east coast).

Old
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Great trade when it happened. I am sure if we could go back with a knowledge of what would happen we wouldn't go through with it. But at the time it was a great trade.

Penner himself has made it a bad trade.

At times the guy looks like he can play so well....then for the other 9 games he doesn't show up.

But that one game is pretty nice...
I agree. At the time, I was a bit excited, wasn't sure what to expect, but was hoping for the best. Dean got a 25 goal scorer, so what was there to be upset about? I still don't blame him. He got something we needed but Penner decided he didn't feel like playing 90% of the time. I can't wait for him to take off that Kings jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Of course. I'm sure there were some that didn't care for the deal. It is what it is and there is only Penner to blame.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

I blame our staff over Penner, as I always say in this matter, I think he is being grossly misused and forced into a role that misinterprets his assets. He needs to be put in front of the net ala Ryan Smyth. He sure as hell hasn't made it easy to like him, but he really isn't doing anything all that differently compared to his time in Edmonton, the primary difference is here he is expected to be a sniper, and there he was a grinder in the crease with great hands. All of his goal highlights are right on the doorstep, here he is shooting from the circles like every other Kings player like morons because they were told to to generate rebounds. Foolish.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Johnny Utah

The worst is if Penner bails as a UFA rather than we need trade him because then we essentially traded Cammalleri and I believe 2 1st rounders to get him and walk...The pick we traded plus Teubert.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:53 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
The worst is if Penner bails as a UFA rather than we need trade him because then we essentially traded Cammalleri and I believe 2 1st rounders to get him and walk...The pick we traded plus Teubert.
you want to resign him.

Old
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Bob McKenzie names the Kings, along with five other clubs, as having interest in Tuomo Ruutu.
Quote:
General manager Jim Rutherford has been talking to teams about Ruutu (who is an unrestricted free agent this summer) and the asking price has been steep - a significant draft pick and a solid prospect or a top prospect alone. Ruuttu has the ability to both score goals and play a physical game, so a lot of teams have interest - including the Vancouver Canucks, Los Angeles Kings, Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers amongst others.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=3870...ce=twitterfeed

That significant pick is very likely a 1st round pick. As far as top prospects go, that would likely be a Jordan Weal or Tyler Toffoli, prospects the Kings shouldn't be giving up for rentals, unless the rental players name is Zach Parise.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Johnny Utah

Kings don't have a 2nd rounder so this deal is out of the question unless we flip one of Stoll, Penner, Martinez or Drewiske for a 2nd. The first three might get a 2nd, I don't know about Davis, he could probably only land a 4th.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Way too expensive. I would rather go after Moen or other bottom 6 players, Modin type of moves, if he can't find anything reasonably priced or an impact player.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Way too expensive. I would rather go after Moen or other bottom 6 players, Modin type of moves, if he can't find anything reasonably priced or an impact player.
Just a guess, but I bet you'll see Moen go for way more than he's worth/what I would be willing to give up for him.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Just a guess, but I bet you'll see Moen go for way more than he's worth/what I would be willing to give up for him.
That's likely, especially if San Jose is in on him.

Last edited by Telos: 02-06-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Closed Thread