HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moves by the March 9th trade deadline

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 10:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Come on trade Jagr?!?!?!?
Is that directed towards me? If so...I don't get it

Old
01-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Is that directed towards me? If so...I don't get it
It isn't.

It is directed to the guy who in previous posts said interest in hockey would collapse after the lockout and that the rangers have no future 1st/2nd line players.

Trading Jagr would be stupid now and in the offseason. This team isn't that far away from being a contender.

This team isn't in 10th place in the conferance. This isn't the 2003-2004 New York Rangers this is a new year and a new team.

Old
01-10-2006, 11:02 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
It isn't.

It is directed to the guy who in previous posts said interest in hockey would collapse after the lockout and that the rangers have no future 1st/2nd line players.

Trading Jagr would be stupid now and in the offseason. This team isn't that far away from being a contender.

This team isn't in 10th place in the conferance. This isn't the 2003-2004 New York Rangers this is a new year and a new team.
Well, not many casual fans have been gained..if anything...I think diehard fans have been lost. But I agree with the rest.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

People think we're going to trade away several veterans by the deadline? Face it folks, that ain't happening. The most important thing at the moment--as far as management is concerned--is getting into the playoffs. Will they start trading a bunch of prospects for a bunch of over the hill mercernaries? Probably not. But they will not be (barring a complete meltdown caused by injuries to key players) trading a bunch of veterans for prospects and picks like the end of last season. If anything I can see them adding another veteran defenseman at the deadline.

Oh yeah, Jagr isn't going anywhere.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Well, not many casual fans have been gained..if anything...I think diehard fans have been lost. But I agree with the rest.
This feeling is based on what? Attendence figures? A gut feeling? Anything tangible at all?

Old
01-11-2006, 02:18 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Prospects

Do you guys think there are any prospects ready to make the jump from juniors or from Europe to make a run at making the Rangers or Hartford roster next season?

I think after Staal's impressive rookie and training camp he could make the jump and fight for a spot on the big club. As for Sauer i think he still has another year or so before makin the jump to the big club but could def. crack Hartford's lineup. I'd also like to see Korpikoski come over. He could make a run to make Hartfords roster. Lastly maybe Ryan Russell or Dubinsky (Depending on how he recovers from his injury)

Old
01-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy
Do you guys think there are any prospects ready to make the jump from juniors or from Europe to make a run at making the Rangers or Hartford roster next season?

I think after Staal's impressive rookie and training camp he could make the jump and fight for a spot on the big club. As for Sauer i think he still has another year or so before makin the jump to the big club but could def. crack Hartford's lineup. I'd also like to see Korpikoski come over. He could make a run to make Hartfords roster. Lastly maybe Ryan Russell or Dubinsky (Depending on how he recovers from his injury)
Staal, Immonen and Dawes should get long looks.

Montoya probably could make the jump but I don't think it'd be good for him or the Rangers, so he's probably Hartford bound.

Baranka has been improving a lot lately.

Sauer might suprise big time in camp, but because of his age and depth at the position I'd say he has little chance of making the Rangers.

Jan Marek is a wild card if he ever comes over.

Korpikoski could probably slide into Hartford pretty easily.

Some kids stand good shots at the big club, some are a little bit away and some a little further.

I'm actually interested in this draft because I think the Rangers are itching to add a young center, and they have the ability to make a move if they want. But I don't know if they will. They could be a very interesting team to watch this draft.

Old
01-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Moving Jagr speeds up the rebuilding process in more ways than one.
Do the Rangers actually want to see what the playoffs look like?

Cos... No Jagr = No playofffs. Simple as that.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:49 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Is the self chest-beating really necessary? You act like people that do not agree with you, want the NHL to collapse or the Rangers to fail. You really need to get a grip and accept differing opinions. Do you really think that I am not happy that the Rangers are doing well? Or that the NHL is up and running? Come on, time to end that tye of thinking.
And yes, a year ago I stated that the Rangers have no future top 6 forwards. And I would have made the same comments all over again. Not all of us pump our chests after the fact. As of now, all of Sather's drafts have produced exactly one top 6 forward. When another makes it, there will be two. Do you really think that I was secretly hoping to be right and wishing that the Rangers did not produce anyone? Come on, SoS. Time to grow up just a tad.

"Trading Jagr would be stupid now and in the offseason. This team isn't that far away from being a contender."

In your opinion. I say that if a Lindros-like return was offered, not trading Jagr would be stupid. So now what? Now we have two different opinions. For an entire year I debated w/ Dedalus on the lockout. We could not have been further apart on our views. Yet we managed to debate without accusing the other person's thoughts of being stupid or not knowing hockey. You CAN debate issues without resorting to childish tactics. Or maybe you just want to discuss the merits of Colton Orr?

"This isn't the 2003-2004 New York Rangers this is a new year and a new team."

That is rather apparent.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:51 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Do the Rangers actually want to see what the playoffs look like?

Cos... No Jagr = No playofffs. Simple as that.
The other side of the coin, what is better, finding out what the playoffs are this year or becoming an Easter Conference powerhouse for the next decade?
Sure the playoffs are nice, but this team has virtually no shot of beating Ottawa in a 7 game series. I would rather fortify the future.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Trade I fear the most:

Sather trading for Sergei Gonchar to QB the PP.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:07 AM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Trade I fear the most:

I was thinking the exact same thing last night as they showed a highlight of Gonchar deciding to pinch at the absolute wrong time resulting in a goal the other way. I sure hope Gonchar stays where he is. Not to mention he makes a boat-load of cash...

Old
01-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
I'm not sure if he is available and I am not sure what it would take to get him but I think Adrian Aucoin would be a great fit for the Rangers.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:15 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

To stay on topic - I hope if there is another move its just like the Sykora deal where we get a good player from a motivated seller. To even consider trading Jagr to me seems a bit nuts, unless of course its for (2) 75 point scorers...

To drift off topic with the thread - This team is a playoff team. For the Rangers to go far in the playoffs it would require some wacky things to happen, but no way should anyone close the door on beating any team at this point in time.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:19 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
but no way should anyone close the door on beating any team at this point in time.
Nothing is impossible, but probability is an entirely different realm. I prefer to deal with probabilities instead of possibilities. I had enough "possibilities" for the last 8 years. But that is just me.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
To stay on topic - I hope if there is another move its just like the Sykora deal where we get a good player from a motivated seller.
What chips would you be willing to deal?

It would be nice if Hossa could be flipped for a defenseman. Not sure what you get for a Hossa calibre player though.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Trade I fear the most:

i would think that it's a greater probability you'll see leetch back in a rangers' uni before the season ends than you'll see gonchar anytime soon.

Last edited by BwayBshirt: 01-11-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old
01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
What chips would you be willing to deal?

It would be nice if Hossa could be flipped for a defenseman. Not sure what you get for a Hossa calibre player though.
I think at the end of the day, firesale or not, a guy like Hossa will be used as a veteran "warm body" presence for HFD or last resort for the Ranger roster. Somebody tell me FedFed's contract is up for next year...

Old
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
i would think that it's a greater probability you'll see leetch back in a rangers' uni before the season ends than you'll see gonchar anytime soon.

I hope so.

We shall all be thankfull his name is Sergei Gonchar and not Petr Gonchar

Old
01-11-2006, 12:24 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
I'm not sure if he is available and I am not sure what it would take to get him but I think Adrian Aucoin would be a great fit for the Rangers.
I like him too, but he makes a lot of $$

Old
01-11-2006, 12:41 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
It isn't.

I think you might be a bit over enthused about the Rangers success if you seriously think the rebuild is just about done. Most of the players on our top 2 scoring lines are OLD and on short contracts. Some of them will not be back next year. Alot of our success has been dependent on the chemistry of the players on the top two lines. They've played together. Ideally you'd want a budding group of young players that have played together and know each others tendencies to take over for them.

This is a fragile team. We could EASILY drop off next year into a bottom five team. Living and dying with one player is not what consistent winning teams do. They diversify their scoring. We NEED to get younger on our top 2 lines. Jagr will be shut down in the playoffs. He WILL have a shadow.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:46 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I think you might be a bit over enthused about the Rangers success if you seriously think the rebuild is just about done. Most of the players on our top 2 scoring lines are OLD and on short contracts. Some of them will not be back next year. Alot of our success has been dependent on the chemistry of the players on the top two lines. They've played together. Ideally you'd want a budding group of young players that have played together and know each others tendencies to take over for them.

This is a fragile team. We could EASILY drop off next year into a bottom five team. Living and dying with one player is not what consistent winning teams do. They diversify their scoring. We NEED to get younger on our top 2 lines. Jagr will be shut down in the playoffs. He WILL have a shadow.
Excellent points. Our strength is depth but not overally skilled offensive players, especially first liners.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99

That's why you see people clamoring for Samsonov, Elias etc. I just do not know what to expect for the life of me. Do we keep those guys around for Jagr that contribute nothing but veteran presence like Straka, Rucinsky or do we go with younger FA's and take a chance on pissing off Jagr. This situation will be muddy.

Old
01-11-2006, 02:05 PM
dank

probability of leetch coming back before the deadline?

discuss..

Closed Thread