HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If we win tomorrow with Huet...

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
If we win tomorrow with Huet...

I think Julien is secretly testing Huet for Gainey in tomorrow's game. Should we pull off a win where our goalie pulls a decent performance I think Bob will have all the incentive he needs to pull the trigger on a deal concerning Theodore. He could surely be dealt before we visit San Hose.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:35 PM
phil

could be... but I just can't imagin Huet becoming #1... I'd rather have Danis or another goalie coming from a trade... like Biron... in a 3 way trade...

Old
01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Artyukhin*

either way as i see only 2 options

huet beats colorado
you start him again against san jose
if he lose's the game the fans love affair will be gone no more huet chants if he loses 4-1

then comes back with theo against the dallas at home . fans might be more forgiving if theo has a bad game althought as i said before if we get down 2-0 3-0 bring ear plugs the booo's will be unbearable
san jose is no easy team to play against just ask boston .

or you throw theo right into the fire and he gets both starts no matter how good or bad huet plays ( as he should!@!!! for the money he makes) against sj and dallas
again if he starts to struggle rest assured the fans will let him have it . they got theo on a very short leash . then either bob calls out for fans to lay of theo or there is only one other option ......

and i think everyone here knows it

Old
01-10-2006, 11:17 PM
zx81

Huet, Théo or God in nets the Habs will lose this one.
Something like 5-1 or 6-2

Old
01-10-2006, 11:19 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81

Way to get behind our team!!! What spirit!!! Go Habs Go!!!

Old
01-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Mr. Hab

I say go with the winner...

But, I know they probably won't have Theo and his 5.5 mil salary sit too long on the bench.

But I really think (right now) that Theo's value is steadier IF he's not playing!! The more he plays the more his value goes down!!

Ok! Ok! I'll try to be more positive...

Go Huet Go!
Go Theo Go! (you can do it!!).

Old
01-11-2006, 01:31 AM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Way to get behind our team!!! What spirit!!! Go Habs Go!!!
Well we have pretty much the same team that played horribly in the last road trip. I don't expect them to win against the Avs, a team with a 13-6 record at home.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
I say go with the winner...

But, I know they probably won't have Theo and his 5.5 mil salary sit too long on the bench.

But I really think (right now) that Theo's value is steadier IF he's not playing!! The more he plays the more his value goes down!!

Ok! Ok! I'll try to be more positive...

Go Huet Go!
Go Theo Go! (you can do it!!).
Go with Huet!

Old
01-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
do you realise huet is 2 - 0 - 2 against the avs? unbeaten

04/02/03---5-3 win vs. Colorado (Roy) in nets
stopped 30/33

1/22/03--- 2-0 win at Colorado (Aebischer)
stopped 21/21

12/20/03---3-3 tie vs. Colorado (Sauve) he Replaced Cechmanek
played 45 mins and stopped 12/13

01/29/04----3-3 OT tie vs. Colorado (Aebischer)
stopped 26/29

good luck hueyyy

Old
01-11-2006, 09:08 AM
maci4life

I think everyones thinking is a little close minded at this point. Salaries should not be the determining factor in who plays. regardless if you play theodore or not, you're still gonna pay his wages. Huet, right now is the better goalie (even if it was just one game), so you go with the better goalie. don't think that the habs are the only team with this issue.

You have philly with their goalie issue, but they have the balls to ride the wave of the hot goalie regardless of salaries. Same with buffalo. I'm sure there's many more.

philly
Antero Niittymaki $450,000 playing
Robert Esche $1 million now back up

buffalo
Ryan Miller $501,600 starter
Martin Biron $2.128 million

On a side note, but related to this. Garon was our back up, huet was LA's, garon has been given the chance to play and is now proving that he can be a starter. Whats so wrong for the Habs to do the same?? Theo should sit for a while. He's been overfed and has to start getting a little hungry again.

Last edited by maci4life: 01-11-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old
01-11-2006, 09:19 AM
22SteveBegin22

I think we need to stop overreacting to one good game. I'm thrilled that Huet played so well against the Sens, and I'm thrilled they're giving him the start again tonight against Colorado because he deserves it more than Theo right now. But one great game aside, we can't forget that Huet is a career back-up for a reason. He will not play every game the way he did against Ottawa on Saturday. If he did, he wouldn't be a back-up and we wouldn't have been able to trade for him.

Let's just ride the hot goalie while he's playing well but not talk about giving him the starting job... 60 phenomenal minutes does not a career make.

Honestly, if the game against Ottawa were THE indicator of how good a player is, we should all be complaining that CJ hasn't made Radek Bonk the first line center, because of that sweet deflection. He's obviously proved himself to be the most talented offensive player on the team.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22
I think we need to stop overreacting to one good game. I'm thrilled that Huet played so well against the Sens, and I'm thrilled they're giving him the start again tonight against Colorado because he deserves it more than Theo right now. But one great game aside, we can't forget that Huet is a career back-up for a reason. He will not play every game the way he did against Ottawa on Saturday. If he did, he wouldn't be a back-up and we wouldn't have been able to trade for him.

Let's just ride the hot goalie while he's playing well but not talk about giving him the starting job... 60 phenomenal minutes does not a career make.

Honestly, if the game against Ottawa were THE indicator of how good a player is, we should all be complaining that CJ hasn't made Radek Bonk the first line center, because of that sweet deflection. He's obviously proved himself to be the most talented offensive player on the team.
Ok Yoda... (j/k)

Old
01-11-2006, 09:37 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Ok Yoda... (j/k)

Anger leads to Hate...

Hate leads to Fear...

Fear leads to...The Toronto Maple Leafs board

Old
01-11-2006, 09:58 AM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22

HEY !!!! Who said Huet is a career backup ????????????????????????????

WHO ????

he has 1 year in L.A where they had 4 goalies

he played great !!!

whats the deal ?

Old
01-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Montrealer

So what if Huet wins a 6-5 game?

Sorry, just laughing at the automatic "if he wins, start him in SJ" talk, when I'd rather see how Huet actually plays.

On the other hand, if he loses 3-2 and stops 60 shots, I'd play him again.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:17 AM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
do you realise huet is 2 - 0 - 2 against the avs? unbeaten

04/02/03---5-3 win vs. Colorado (Roy) in nets
stopped 30/33

1/22/03--- 2-0 win at Colorado (Aebischer)
stopped 21/21

12/20/03---3-3 tie vs. Colorado (Sauve) he Replaced Cechmanek
played 45 mins and stopped 12/13

01/29/04----3-3 OT tie vs. Colorado (Aebischer)
stopped 26/29

good luck hueyyy
Now we have a 4 game history for Huet vs. The Avs.
He has been succesfull gainst them in the past, it makes sense to have him play,
no matter how hot or cold Theo is right now...

Old
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

kings fan here. nice to see huet do well for you guys. After the year we had with him, he has to be one of my favorite goalies for the Kings just cause of the crap he bailed us out of. He really seems to be able to come through when you need him most and I'll never forget that. As for him becoming a starter, he doesn't seem to have the stamina to keep up as the games stack up on him, so if he can push through that, I don't see why he couldn't become a starter in the future.

My one complaint about him is that players did find that he was weak down low and because of that, he would drop too quickly to compensate and would then get beaten up high. Rooting for the Habs to win, good luck and hopefully Huet works out for ya!

Closed Thread