HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reaves vs HW Champ McGratton. Excuse me, who got Pwned?

Old
02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Fred Murtz

vCash: 500
Reaves vs HW Champ McGratton. Excuse me, who got Pwned?

I see some goofy comments about Gratts Pwning Reaves. Really? Throwing a lot of punches that don't land doesn't make you the winner.

Gratts on the way to the box with his left eye almost beat shut

Gratts wiping all the blood off from destroying Reaves.

Meanwhile in the other box, Reaves enjoying the replay

Last edited by Fred Murtz: 02-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Robb_K

From what I saw there weren't any impact punches landed on either side. But McGratton has a slight weight advantage and a large reach advantage, so Reaves did well to duck all those punches, and remain standing. The "punch" that knocked off his helmet was just a glancing blow (probably aimed at purposely knocking it off, so he could later go for Reaves head).

In any case, I'd say that Reaves did well to stay upright and hang in with the bigger man, and he achieved his aim, to energise his team. The Blues did outshoot The Preds by a big margin in The 3rd. They just couldn't finish on several good chances.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:25 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I couldn't tell where exactly it happened, but Reaves did bloody up McGratton pretty well. That has to count for something. It was a pretty good brawl, and got the Blues playing with some fire for a few shifts.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:30 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

They briefly showed McGratton a few minutes later in the box and the whole side of his face was swollen. He caught Reaves with one solid uppercut in the mouth near the end, but Reaves pasted him in the face solidly at least three times. That's why he was throwing so many wild punches that did nothing, because he got popped twice early and it's all he could do to keep Reaves from killing him. It worked to a degree, but he didn't do any damage.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I couldn't tell where exactly it happened, but Reaves did bloody up McGratton pretty well. That has to count for something. It was a pretty good brawl, and got the Blues playing with some fire for a few shifts.
Pause it at the 10 sec mark...I'm pretty sure that's where Reaves busted him open. McGratton is facing away from the camera, but Reaves throws a huge haymaker that looks to catch him on the left eye.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Fred Murtz

one eye swelling up, one eye with a nasty cut over it and swelling up. And McGratton was the overwhelming winner?

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
BlueDream

Reaves landed the biggest bombs but McGrattan threw more. It was a real close fight. Very impressive of Reaves to even hang in there and do that well against him.

Reaves keeps getting better, and he's only 25. Very pleased with him so far. He's developing into a good tough guy who can play the game and hit like crazy. Love that he's on our team.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:25 AM
actionhank1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Reaves landed the biggest bombs but McGrattan threw more. It was a real close fight. Very impressive of Reaves to even hang in there and do that well against him.

Reaves keeps getting better, and he's only 25. Very pleased with him so far. He's developing into a good tough guy who can play the game and hit like crazy. Love that he's on our team.
Agreed. He's the perfect tough guy as far as i can see. He actually fights people. Janseen was alright at fighting, but he was more of a wear you out then hope for some good punches type of guy. But Reaves just goes in and starts it off right. Not to mention that he's way better offensively, and makes smart plays and bit hits. Pretty solid for a tough-guy on our team, and i'm super happy we have him.

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
inglouriousbackes

reaves is turning into a monster in the grinder dept. He has the potential to score along with being a hard checker.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote