HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

28 scouts executives at the leaf/oiler game tonight

Old
02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Would love if Hawks could pry away Smid from Oilers

They probably wouldn't move him but 1st + Lalonde wouldn't be bad value for them if they did
After their poor showing tonight on the defensive side, it's almost a guarantee that they won't trade a defenseman.

I cannot understand how Cam Barker plays in the NHL, I'm a terrible skater and I still think I can do better for at least a game than Barker.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
trellaine201

vCash: 500
I agree I can't see Burke doing much other than maybe a complimentary player or else he somehow fleeces another gm for first line talent, which I highly doubt. It's not like were anywhere close to lord Stanley.

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

A group of friends who were at the game for a Rogers employee shindig were up top and gave me the impression that other than the obvious Oiler players that Schenn, Gardiner, Gunnarsson and even Franson to a lesser extent were getting a fair amount of attention. Grabo more so than Kulemin and McArthur but word is Burke is not moving any top 6 plus Connolly and Lombardi. I really hope Grabo is resigned for 4.5 for 3yrs. So if Burke is going to make a move I suspect it will be fine tuning or if a team is interested in one of the D in a package for an upgrade to Bozak.

bobbyt91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
After their poor showing tonight on the defensive side, it's almost a guarantee that they won't trade a defenseman.

I cannot understand how Cam Barker plays in the NHL, I'm a terrible skater and I still think I can do better for at least a game than Barker.
Well Cam was more suited for clutch and grab era

Still his heart and terrible skating are the issues with him and both should put him out of league soon enough

Still cant believe the trade Bowman pulled off ,, Barker for Leddy

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
calcal798

Quote:

They probably wouldn't move him but 1st + Lalonde wouldn't be bad value for them if they did
I don't think it would be a good idea for Edmonton to trade D.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
More like Dumba (D is primary need), ask your self is EDM gonna finish worse than ANA, CAR or MTL.

1. CLB - Yakupov (will probably deal Nash for another top 5 pick at the draft +)
2. ANA - Grigorenko (absolutly unfair already loaded with RPG & add another weapon)
3. CAR - Ryan Murray
4. MTL - Galchenyuk (they take the risk, desperately need a big #1 C)
5. EDM - Dumba
Anaheim will definitely finish ahead of Edmonton and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Carolina and Montreal do too.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreJam View Post
Hemsky a solid pointless and -4

We swear he's a first liner guys
Darren Pang nailed it. He's playing like ****, and not like a player whose trying to look good for other teams.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Darren Pang nailed it. He's playing like ****, and not like a player whose trying to look good for other teams.
Atta boy Hemmer. He don't wanna get traded.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Qrispy

Quote:

Smid is pretty underrated and I would not be surprised if he ends up as one of the top shutdown defenders in the league at one point. (No homer) We would get absolutely killed if we dealt him right now.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Well, Bob Mak claims the Leafs aren't going to change their roster, so all those scouts must be there to look at Oilers.

Fail.
Except Burke himself said during the 2nd intermission that they were shopping for a big guy who can play too, but wasn't having alot of luck, because teams are holding on to them if they have em'. So right there is 1st hand proof that Burke is in fact interested in making some changes.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
More like Dumba (D is primary need), ask your self is EDM gonna finish worse than ANA, CAR or MTL.

1. CLB - Yakupov (will probably deal Nash for another top 5 pick at the draft +)
I sincerely doubt it. Not only is that not what we'd be looking for in a Nash trade (we want current defensemen, primarily), I can't see any of the other potential top-5 teams giving up such an asset in such a situation.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote