HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This might come off as a surprise... (AK)

Old
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
blueinmtl

vCash: 500
Couldn't stand the guy for a long time, even the beginning of the year and was desperate to see him out. Believe all the labels - lazy, heartless, inconsistent, low hockey i.q. - 100% applied.

He has been a different player since teamed with Eller, and even when taken off his line. He skates with purpose and just now seems to be getting free in those danger areas and getting off his shot - his one superior talent. Even this weekend, despite the couple of comments, he was active & aware, always buzzing around, hitting , moving, head up, quick release.

I'd keep him but for a reasonable amount, even risk giving him lower $-longer term to see if he really gels with Eller (or Plecks and Bourque, though think Bourque at his best is too similar a player). After all he is unsigned, this may be playing only for a better contract. Can't judge which as we are not in the room & with the players day in day out, for others to figure out.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Trade him already, he may be a nice guy, but he is too lazy. He has been a failure here in Montreal. Total no show this weekend
Thanks, I thought we were hear to win cups not have a popularity contest.

GOMER is a good guy, but you want to keep him?

He's a streaky player who is not worth anything more than $3 million and on the 3rd line.

But judging his compete level when it counts... You don't win with guys like Kostitsyn!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:56 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm all for selling assets at this point, but Kostitsyn is one I hope we keep, as long as we don't pay much more than what he's currently getting.

Once you get over the fact that he'll never be the 80-90 point scoring sensation that we hoped he'd be, you realize he's actually a very useful player.
Pretty much, brings in 20 goals a season, 50 or so points, top 3 in hits for the habs. You can put him on the PP, you can bench him, you can play him top 6, bottom 6. The guy is such a hero, and he wants to sign before UFA. And people hate? rofl, some of you have serious issues.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:58 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

GOMER is a good guy, but you want to keep him?

He's a streaky player who is not worth anything more than $3 million and on the 3rd line.

But judging his compete level when it counts... You don't win with guys like Kostitsyn!
He's been much more consistent the last 20 or 25 games or so. Again, it might be a contract-year thing, but he hasn't been the disappearing act as he was in the past.

Don't give a toss if he is love-fest personified or running the Habs underground S & M club, if he is effective and paid reasonably then we keep.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Protest the Hero

hfboards: Turn a positive thread into a *****ing thread? We can do that.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:04 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Don't care. Trade him please. He's lazy like his brother, a cancer like Grabovski. Thank god we trade those two ****ers away. We are so much better now while those ****ers are hated and have no impact in the respective team. These soft, lazy euros are useless.
i would seriously put sarcasm at end of this; your trolling both his supporters and his haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
hfboards: Turn a positive thread into a *****ing thread? We can do that.
Gotta start using ignore list (imo first time i decided to use it was few days ago). This place is run over by trolls. No respect for anything anymore which comes with obvious overrated "freedom of speech" BS. Gives the ignorant majority a tool to spread the Marinero/Gangon BS.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Don't care. Trade him please. He's lazy like his brother, a cancer like Grabovski. Thank god we trade those two ****ers away. We are so much better now while those ****ers are hated and have no impact in the respective team. These soft, lazy euros are useless.
speaking about lazy euros to eradicate the cancer once and for all please get rid of that ugly defensman, i wish we would have kept MAB instead of ****er Emelin.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:11 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i would seriously put sarcasm at end of this; your trolling both his supporters and his haters.
Obvious sarcasm is obvious. Is it?

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Obvious sarcasm is obvious. Is it?
very positivie it is, but its not far from a few comments in this thread. Unless i'm getting leveled hard

Old
02-06-2012, 09:15 PM
yvan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post

How could you not like this?
rofl!! He's a push over!!!!

that was so funny!

yvan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
He's been much more consistent the last 20 or 25 games or so. Again, it might be a contract-year thing, but he hasn't been the disappearing act as he was in the past.

Don't give a toss if he is love-fest personified or running the Habs underground S & M club, if he is effective and paid reasonably then we keep.
well he definately has been. Consistent the last 23 games in not scoring much with only 3 goals
in the last 23- if he is looking for a new contract - that's not so good
maybe that's why he supposdly
will take a discount--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Kriss E

Gagnon will come out with a bash article in a couple days, not to worry.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
It was on record, from a number of avenues.

I have no idea how to find the links to the articles but I remember Andrei stating something along the lines of "when my brother did something everyone looked at me to have a reaction." He didn't like having to always answer to his brother when things happened, on or off the ice.

I also remember reading about how Sergei did a lot of translating for Andrei in the locker room, which is detrimental to anyone trying to learn another language. Not having his brother there to translate for him forced him to take more initiative in using English himself.

There was also that camp after Sergei was traded where he came in with a reportedly much higher emotional status.

Lastly, there have been numerous reports in the last year or so from team mates stating that Andrei has been a bit of a joker in the locker room, and has become closer with the team mates, contrasting to before when there was actually the opposite reports in which he was very reserved and quiet.

I also never once pretended to have "inside knowledge" and I am not sure how you even came to that conclusion. The words "it is quite obvious to anyone that has been paying attention" is almost the complete opposition of "claiming inside knowledge."

But okay bro.
I prefer to think it's just AK getting older, maturing and turning into a man.

He would of gotten and older, and consequently, matured, even with Sergei around.

They were kids, playing in a different country. We didn't need to trade Sergei to see AK learn english, and open up with his teammates.

If you did in fact read this I believe the authors are full of it - or just complete morons trying to add to the Sergei was a cancer story line.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
LOL-- you got problems~!~!
Just in case you don't understand what he wrote, Teufelsdreck is not the one with problems

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Edit: I think this explains Gomez's lack of vision as well.
Kush and Gomer having fun makes me smile.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:53 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

He was on the team that upset both Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs, wasn't he?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

If the coach can get over the fact he won't be a highlight reel every shift, he'd probably be a lot more impressive.

Players who can turn nothing into something need a bit more than 12 mins of ice-time to get the puck rolling their way.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:13 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Just in case you don't understand what he wrote, Teufelsdreck is not the one with problems
oh so its you? you wanna talk??--LoL--really did you have to even reply on that? lol

Old
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
He was on the team that upset both Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs, wasn't he?
so was cammy-

Old
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
If the coach can get over the fact he won't be a highlight reel every shift, he'd probably be a lot more impressive.

Players who can turn nothing into something need a bit more than 12 mins of ice-time to get the puck rolling their way.
i think the coach and past coach knows that!!

Old
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Undertakerqc

He is gone by trade deadline no doubt about it.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
habtastic

Love AK, also want him signed ASAP! If he's close to Molson, I expect the pen to be put in his hands soon else fail PG.

For those of you who have Patofqc and Youngun on their ignore list, well, you're missing out on some classic going against the grain trolling.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Aceekay

mind=blown.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:01 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
^ i don't believe in blocking people, even southern hab has had a good point or two in the past. but every day, i get closer and closer to use that 'feature'.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
^ i don't believe in blocking people, even southern hab has had a good point or two in the past. but every day, i get closer and closer to use that 'feature'.
Same here.

patofqc, young gun, larek and Habs Junkie are on a mission lately.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote