HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guy!'s Bold Prediction. Don't wet yerselves.

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Guy!

vCash: 500
Guy!'s Bold Prediction. Don't wet yerselves.

This is mere speculation, and a departure from reality, but I'm having fun with it, so take it for what it's worth: nothing.

I don't normally do this, as everyone knows:

1. Gainey and the Habs cap expert went to Colorado.
2. Theo is sitting again.
3. Previously, Gainey went to scout Hamilton this past weekend.
4. Ribeiro is being "showcased" between two players who can make him look better.
5. Danis, who Gainey scouted, impressed enough.
6. Huet has satisfied the coaching and management staff enough.
7. Julien told Dags that the team was "going in another direction"
8. Reports coming out that Ribs is officially being shopped which means one of two things
8a. Gainey has finally decided that the end is here for Ribs.
8b. Gainey already has a trade all but done with Ribs, and is practicing good asset management by seeing if he can find a bigger return.

Therefore, reading between the lines... (weak circumstantial evidence)

Here is my...

Bold prediction: (won't happen, but it's fun to make bold predictions every once in a while...)

Huet is the number one guy for the rest of the season.

Theo's next game will be on the 14th of January against Philedelphia, in Philly. He will be wearing the white uniform of the Colorado Avalanche. The reason he's sitting out this Wed is because a deal is done and won't be announced until after the game - the Avs didn't want him injured (or to play against him) before they acquired him. Look to see who's sitting for the Avs that night as well! Continuing the bold prediction, Theo will be joined by Zednik and Ribeiro, and in return the Habs will get Tanguay, Liles, and Laperriere.

And now back to your regularly scheduled life - where bold predictions never come true.

Old
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Mike The Wall

Okay It would be interesting to see what you are saying comes about but if not what are you smoking?

Old
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Interesting, but a few things.

It would be grand larceny for us to get Tanguay, Liles, and Laperierre for Theodore, Zednik, and Ribeiro. I'd take this offer 8 days a week. Sadly, the Avalanche would not.

As per your speculation about Gainey scouting Hamilton, I'm pretty sure it was mainly to go see Andre Benoit, who was signed a couple of days ago.

Old
01-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Aarex

Welcome back Guy!

I enjoy reading your post game reviews

Old
01-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Snyke

Send a message via MSN to Snyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
This is mere speculation, and a departure from reality, but I'm having fun with it, so take it for what it's worth: nothing.

I don't normally do this, as everyone knows:

1. Gainey and the Habs cap expert went to Colorado.
2. Theo is sitting again.
3. Previously, Gainey went to scout Hamilton this past weekend.
4. Ribeiro is being "showcased" between two players who can make him look better.
5. Danis, who Gainey scouted, impressed enough.
6. Huet has satisfied the coaching and management staff enough.
7. Julien told Dags that the team was "going in another direction"
8. Reports coming out that Ribs is officially being shopped which means one of two things
8a. Gainey has finally decided that the end is here for Ribs.
8b. Gainey already has a trade all but done with Ribs, and is practicing good asset management by seeing if he can find a bigger return.

Therefore, reading between the lines... (weak circumstantial evidence)

Here is my...

Bold prediction: (won't happen, but it's fun to make bold predictions every once in a while...)

Huet is the number one guy for the rest of the season.

Theo's next game will be on the 14th of January against Philedelphia, in Philly. He will be wearing the white uniform of the Colorado Avalanche. The reason he's sitting out this Wed is because a deal is done and won't be announced until after the game - the Avs didn't want him injured (or to play against him) before they acquired him. Look to see who's sitting for the Avs that night as well! Continuing the bold prediction, Theo will be joined by Zednik and Ribeiro, and in return the Habs will get Tanguay, Liles, and Laperriere.

And now back to your regularly scheduled life - where bold predictions never come true.
Do you for a fact that Tanguay, Liles, and Laperriere are in fact sitting tonight?

Old
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Dragon

Theodore is sitting out tonight because Huet had a good game and that Theodore is still bothered by hip injury.
that's it that's all folks. Gainey is NOT going to trade an elite player away.

Old
01-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Darz

Hmmm........but if that was the case wouldn't also Zednik and Ribeiro be sitting tonight as well, leaving us a little short in the forward department, and I'm sure if that was going to happen, Gainey would of waited a couple days longer before waiving Dagenais.

01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
As great as that sounds, I don't believe the Avs have the Cap room to make that deal

Old
01-11-2006, 03:39 PM
BORAT

wait so for a Slumping overpaid Goaltender, a weak creative center and an underperforming Power Forward we get

A Proven consistent playmaker and scorer, a Future All Star Offensive Defenseman and a Grinder who puts up points ?

I dunno man... not realistic

Old
01-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Theodore is sitting out tonight because Huet had a good game and that Theodore is still bothered by hip injury.
that's it that's all folks. Gainey is NOT going to trade an elite player away.

Elite?Witch Hockey league are you watching?Theo is a good goalie but here in Montreal it's over!OUT

Old
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
BORAT

I'd like a player like Moses Finkelbaum my accountant

pure male power
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jimlegs.jpg‎ (27.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by BORAT: 01-11-2006 at 04:21 PM. Reason: oops
Old
01-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Theo will be joined by Zednik and Ribeiro, and in return the Habs will get Tanguay, Liles, and Laperriere.
Guy!, I would crap myself if this deal came to fruition, and I don't crap myself that often, last time was well over a week ago, just to let you appreciate the level of enthusiasm this deal would bring me.

But like you already stated, I don't see it happening, just for the fact that I would consider sending 3 struggling players and getting 3 on top of their game, of that caliber to boot, would be highway robbery, and Lacroix doesn't strike me as the type of GM you can easily take to the cleaners.

Still, I think like a lot of posters around here, I'm going to watch who's sitting (or not sitting) on Colorado's side tonight, if for nothing else than put closure on a series of Colorado related rumors that have been circulating for weeks.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
znk

1-The team owner lives in Colorado. So its not unexpected that some of the team brass goes to Colorado.
2- If you want to trade a Player to a team.....Wouldnt they want to see him on the ice....the one game you face that team? Isnt that the ultimate scouting situation?

Old
01-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Guy!

If I'm trading for a player, particularly a goalie, I don't want him to play when the deal is done.

Gainey and the cap financial guru to Colorado? Sure, Gillett has his home there, and that's another explanation absolutely. But I can't see why the cap guy would go there to tell Gillett that they are safely under the cap.

As to Lacroix - he's known for pulling out trades that work for his team. Perhaps he thinks that Theo will benefit from a change of scenery and a change of coaching, and that's all that's needed to put him over the top again. Perhaps he sees Liles as somewhat overrated right now. Perhaps Lap, no matter how good he is, isn't exactly what he wants. Maybe Lacroix has a mix of players with whom he feels Ribeiro will excel.

Who knows.

But like I said, just a silly prediction that's entirely meaningless because I have zero in the way of connections. I've never stepped up to this 'fantasizing' thing on the boards before, so I figgered I'd give it a try.

I'm not smoking anything, just reading very deeply between the lines.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
znk

Ok...so the Habs dont dress Theo...but its ok for colorado to dress all its players? I think not.

and for Brisebois.
He's not the capologist.

He's Director of legal affairs. And I think...that's one of the main guys an owner would like to see once in a while. Even more then the GM.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Guy!, I would crap myself if this deal came to fruition, and I don't crap myself that often, last time was well over a week ago, just to let you appreciate the level of enthusiasm this deal would bring me
just so we're clear... how long between pants crappings do you consider to be "not that often"?

Old
01-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Ok...so the Habs dont dress Theo...but its ok for colorado to dress all its players? I think not.

and for Brisebois.
He's not the capologist.

He's Director of legal affairs. And I think...that's one of the main guys an owner would like to see once in a while. Even more then the GM.
There was an article in the gazette before the season started about Brisebois and his new role as "capologist" so im fairly sure that he is the guy. i dont remember when the article was published only that i remember wondering if the guy was related to patrice (which he's not) and how i really,really wanted to get that job down the road after law school.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier
There was an article in the gazette before the season started about Brisebois and his new role as "capologist" so im fairly sure that he is the guy. i dont remember when the article was published only that i remember wondering if the guy was related to patrice (which he's not) and how i really,really wanted to get that job down the road after law school.
Ok maybe he has 2 functions....but still...Director of legal affairs sounds like someone an owner would like to talk to.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Guy!

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...f-755684ba119c

"Although the Canadiens have travelled far for only one game, Gainey accompanied the team here, leading to speculation he could be close to completing a trade. Coincidentally, he has been joined on the trip by Julien Brisebois, the director of hockey operations and legal affairs. Brisebois oversees contracts and is the team's salary-cap expert."

Old
01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 1131
Guy getting excited ?

Old
01-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier
just so we're clear... how long between pants crappings do you consider to be "not that often"?
Well I'll put it this way, if I'm not forced to urgently wash my pants in the middle of the day, it's a small victory.

Old
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT
wait so for a Slumping overpaid Goaltender, a weak creative center and an underperforming Power Forward we get

A Proven consistent playmaker and scorer, a Future All Star Offensive Defenseman and a Grinder who puts up points ?

I dunno man... not realistic
Ouch.... Zednik a power forward?!?!

Closed Thread