HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What if we got Hal Gill?

Old
02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftw View Post
Enstrom would be amazing. Pretty unlikely though.
There are two fears about Enstrom: 1. Dealing what is necessary could seriously endanger team chemistry. 2. He's only signed for one more year.

If it weren't for those two issues, I'd seriously be willing to deal a guy like Perron or Oshie without remorse. As it is, such a trade would have to be based around some combination of the following guys: Stewart, Schwartz, Rattie, Grachev, Cole, D'Agostini, Bishop, Allen, McRae, Fairchild, Russell, picks, other prospects and warm bodies. I would be very hesitant to part with Sobotka and Reaves, but if that's what gets the deal done, I'd be okay with that. Fully off the roster, something based around Schwartz and Cole is a very good start.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Beastman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
There are two fears about Enstrom: 1. Dealing what is necessary could seriously endanger team chemistry. 2. He's only signed for one more year.

I'd seriously be willing to deal a guy like Perron or Oshie without remorse.

I would be very hesitant to part with Sobotka and Reaves, but if that's what gets the deal done, I'd be okay with that.

You would trade a player like Oshie or Perron without remorse for Enstrom.

You would be very hesitant to part with Sobotka and Reaves for Enstrom.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 02-07-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Snide remark.
Beastman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastman View Post
You would trade a player like Oshie or Perron without remorse for Enstrom.

You would be very hesitant to part with Sobotka and Reaves for Enstrom.

Guys like Sobotka and Reaves would not be the core of the deal. So, if they aren't necessary, I'd prefer not to add them. A guy like Perron or Oshie would be the bulk if not the entirety of the deal. Completely different elements.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 02-07-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Snide quote removed
rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:31 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
I see what you're saying rumrokh, but I wouldn't trade any of our forwards that are actually producing for a defenseman. If we want to go after Enstrom, I would imagine Schwartz, Stewart, Berglund, or Cole would be the main piece. Supplemental pieces would differ for each on of those because of their differences in value.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post

If it weren't for those two issues, I'd seriously be willing to deal a guy like Perron or Oshie without remorse. As it is, such a trade would have to be based around some combination of the following guys: Stewart, Schwartz, Rattie, Grachev, Cole, D'Agostini, Bishop, Allen, McRae, Fairchild, Russell, picks, other prospects and warm bodies. I would be very hesitant to part with Sobotka and Reaves, but if that's what gets the deal done, I'd be okay with that. Fully off the roster, something based around Schwartz and Cole is a very good start.
I agree with this. It would take too much from our end to get him.

The contract isn't a huge issue for me.

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote