HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Three

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Blows my mind when none of the Bryz haters respond to posts like this Also main reason why I take none of them seriously. I haven't seen one person disagree with the bold, yet they get labelled Bryz lovers and defendants of every aspect of his game.
It's been responded to many, many times.

02-07-2012, 12:11 PM
PAZUZU

vCash: 500
while it is true bryz has let up some softies, the defense hasn't been that great in front of him either. it's hard for me to be too critical of his play given where we are in the standings. i mean, it's not like we're talking about joe cowley here, there have been games where bryz has been excellent.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I even posted a breakdown out his stats in Phoenix and his stats in Philadelphia to show the "myth of the system."

He's a good goalie. Minus two games recently, he's been below average to bad.

I'm not sure how these Bryz apologists don't see this.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:27 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I'm not sure how these Bryz apologists don't see this.
It's the riddle of the apologist...no different for Leighton..Carter, Richards or anybody else that a fan has an emotional (sometimes unhealthy) attachment with. I like Couturier but hey if he craps the bed I'll be the first to say he's not cutting it.

BTW..the only player that has like zero apologists is Shelley...oh wait except that dude that started the following thread

Jodie Shelley: Good Signing!

Old
02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
It's the riddle of the apologist...no different for Leighton..Carter, Richards or anybody else that a fan has an emotional (sometimes unhealthy) attachment with. I like Couturier but hey if he craps the bed I'll be the first to say he's not cutting it.

BTW..the only player that has like zero apologists is Shelley...oh wait except that dude that started the following thread

Eh, everyone has one guy they really like. It's just that there are a handful of people on this board that like players not because they think their good or a good contribution to the team, but just because a large contingent on the boards dont like him. They want to be on the other side (no matter what). I think thats true for a few Carle/Rinaldo/Breezy supporters.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:51 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZUZU View Post
while it is true bryz has let up some softies, the defense hasn't been that great in front of him either. it's hard for me to be too critical of his play given where we are in the standings. i mean, it's not like we're talking about joe cowley here, there have been games where bryz has been excellent.
We wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are in the standings without our scoring.

Numerous times we have and sadly enough NEEDED to net 4+ pucks in order to win.

That is outrageous when you're paying the guy in between the pipes like we are paying Bryz.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
No one responded to Scoopys post that I quoted that I have seen, maybe i missed it .

Old
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh, everyone has one guy they really like. It's just that there are a handful of people on this board that like players not because they think their good or a good contribution to the team, but just because a large contingent on the boards dont like him. They want to be on the other side (no matter what). I think thats true for a few Carle/Rinaldo/Breezy supporters.
I want Bryzgalov to play well because he's a Flyer. I just don't see the point in shredding him or laying all the blame at his feet.

He deserves a share-probably one of the bigger shares-but the guy has rebounded from bad seasons before. The biggest issue isn't even his overall play, but his consistency. Look at his splits in wins and losses.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post

I used a disturbing amount of poop analogies.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:46 PM
PAZUZU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
We wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are in the standings without our scoring.

That is outrageous when you're paying the guy in between the pipes like we are paying Bryz.
i agree, this team was expected to struggle to score goals this year with the departure of carter and richards, and thankfully has not. i just hope come mid-april we can still score goals like we have been. 7 goals in 4 games vs. the bruins in the playoffs last year didn't sound like a goaltending problem to me.

personally, i wanted vokoun this past offseason. i really thought the flyers wanted bob to be the #1 future goalie after last year, and a shorter deal with vokoun would have made more sense. if bryz is here for 9 years, then bob's more valuable as trade bait IMO.

Old
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Blows my mind when none of the Bryz haters respond to posts like this Also main reason why I take none of them seriously. I haven't seen one person disagree with the bold, yet they get labelled Bryz lovers and defendants of every aspect of his game.
It's not really about Bryz, I think.

Old
02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopyten View Post
I want Bryzgalov to play well because he's a Flyer. I just don't see the point in shredding him or laying all the blame at his feet.

He deserves a share-probably one of the bigger shares-but the guy has rebounded from bad seasons before. The biggest issue isn't even his overall play, but his consistency. Look at his splits in wins and losses.
i want him to play well because i wanted him before we got him. i thought he was awesome when needed in the 2006 playoffs for anaheim and again in 2007 when they won the cup. he goes to phoenix and becomes a vezina caliber goalie. i thought he'd be cool for us cause he didnt have an elite cup contender but he himself was great so he would fit in with us. he was just out there, an unknown but established guy who was comin into his own just in time to lock in with us and take us to the next level but he came at the expense of a complete annihilation of our teams innards. then we rearrange most positions and the defense, the most stable part, gets rocked with injuries. im not givin up on him. i still think he's the guy. what came first, the crappy team situation and the effect on his confidence or him sucking and the team getting screwed up because of his bad play? (or the chicken? mmmm, chicken)

Old
02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post

While I am not taking blame off of BOTH goaltenders for that, one should not expect a low scoring games against with the defence we have. Also, with the system emphasis on high speed offence and D pinching dip ypu will need to score a lot to overcame defencive lapses.

As I said before, Flyers are playing like Brazilian soccer team of 60-70 (which by the way won a lot of cups)- they sacrificied defence for the offence. The motto was- you score as many as you can, and we will score more.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
It's not really about Bryz, I think.
I may not always agree with you, but I think you are bang on in your thinking with that statement .

Old
02-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

What's it about then?

Old
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Shelley...or aliens....

Old
02-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
i want him to play well because i wanted him before we got him. i thought he was awesome when needed in the 2006 playoffs for anaheim and again in 2007 when they won the cup. he goes to phoenix and becomes a vezina caliber goalie. i thought he'd be cool for us cause he didnt have an elite cup contender but he himself was great so he would fit in with us. he was just out there, an unknown but established guy who was comin into his own just in time to lock in with us and take us to the next level but he came at the expense of a complete annihilation of our teams innards. then we rearrange most positions and the defense, the most stable part, gets rocked with injuries. im not givin up on him. i still think he's the guy. what came first, the crappy team situation and the effect on his confidence or him sucking and the team getting screwed up because of his bad play? (or the chicken? mmmm, chicken)
I wanted him, too. I think that ultimately he will be fine. He's having issues adjusting and it's really not that he's been bad, he's just been really inconsistent.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:42 PM
bryzgalovsky*

trade bryzgalov and bobrovsky

Old
02-07-2012, 08:44 PM
inthewings

After tonight's shutout Bryz has a 0.921 SV% in 2012.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Good game by Breezy. He still blows in the shootout, but atleast he didnt during regulation. Made some good saves and even if he only had 18 shots, didnt let in a ****** one.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Bryz should ask Nabby how it feels to steal a game for a team.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
trade bryzgalov and bobrovsky
Giroux and JVR didn't score tonight, let's trade them too.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Bryz let us down in the shootout again. I wonder if Lavi asked him "you think you can do it?"

Old
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Giroux and JVR didn't score tonight, let's trade them too.
nice red herring there bud

they aren't paid to score in every game (especially while one isn't even playing)

bryzgalov IS paid to make saves, and he has consistently failed to do so

Old
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
gto64dr

I knew this would happen, he hardly had any difficult saves, now all the lovers are out. He sucked in the S/O. Now matter, when he plays, we lose. He gets out Goaltended all the time. HE BLOWS, end of story. For 51 Million we got a worse goalie than the Isle's got for 1 Million. Because of Bryz we are dropping like a rock in the standings. We won't make it out of the first round with this stiff if we even make the playoffs with him.

Closed Thread