HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pepsi Center Club Seats

Old
02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
jrolley325

vCash: 498
Pepsi Center Club Seats

I've seen some club seats available at a decent price. Anybody sit in them before? Good view of the ice? Is it worth being referred to as "club" seating? Thanks.

jrolley325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

vCash: 50
I've never been but from what I have heard there isn't really any bad seats in the house, it just depends on how close you want to be and how much you are willing to pay.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
jrolley325

vCash: 498
yeah, being too close sucks in my opinion. i'm actually a pens fan from ohio flying over there with a friend of mine for the game march 3. we've been tired of sitting in upper bowls for road games so decided to switch it up this time. funny thing is, he doesn't wanna spend more than $100 on a game ticket but is willing to spend 70-100 on one meal at the buckhorn restaurant in denver.

jrolley325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

vCash: 500
If I buy lower bowl seats, I always try and get the highest row possible.

My seats for Joe Sakic's retirement were row 12, lower bowl. They were good seats, but for gameplay higher would have been better.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:58 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrolley325 View Post
I've seen some club seats available at a decent price. Anybody sit in them before? Good view of the ice? Is it worth being referred to as "club" seating? Thanks.
Yes, quite good. Though I'm not sure they're all that different than rows 15-20(ish) in the lower bowl. I"m not a fan of sitting down too close to the glass, as too much of the rink is out of view.

You do get better food and beer in that club section though.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
My season tickets are in Club Level.

Here's some advice/comments:

1) Sit in the first row. It's the most leg room you can get in the entire arena, nobody's sitting in front of you, and you have a place in front of you to hold your beer.

2) I'd have to disagree that the food is better on the Club level. It used to be, but it's gone kind of downhill. If you want a panini or salad or something, then yeah it's better...but general fanfare items (brats, dogs, nachos. etc) you're much better off just going down to the 1st level during intermission.

3) Don't order from the section waitress. That service has gone downhill REALLY bad. Typical wait time to get your drinks/food used to be 5-10 minutes and now it's a whole damn period. It seems really convenient, but it's not. Too bad because the service used to be great in the Avs heyday.

4) I used to have lower level about 20th row. I think the first row club seats are much much better and they're cheaper. The same view I just think you have more space. But I do like sitting on the ice 1-2 times a year to keep up my appreciation of just how fast and big these guys are.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:11 AM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Yes, quite good. Though I'm not sure they're all that different than rows 15-20(ish) in the lower bowl. I"m not a fan of sitting down too close to the glass, as too much of the rink is out of view.

You do get better food and beer in that club section though.

-AB
There really isn't a bad seat in the Pepsi Center, but club seating are some of the nicer seats. Sat in the front row of the club seats, pretty much dead center behind the Avs net (defend twice side) and it was a better view then sitting 10 rows back of the Away net.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
There really isn't a bad seat in the Pepsi Center, but club seating are some of the nicer seats. Sat in the front row of the club seats, pretty much dead center behind the Avs net (defend twice side) and it was a better view then sitting 10 rows back of the Away net.
that's hilarious - my seats are the ones that ARE dead center behind the Avs net, first row. In fact the stripe where they welded the stadium together is between both of the seats!

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote