HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
But if the Kings claim Stewart then he never "cleared". I don't remember him being placed on waivers recently.
I posted this earlier in the thread. There is no such rule that you have to keep a player claimed off waivers on the roster for a certain amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If the Kings claim Hamill, he would still be subject to waivers. So they could turn around the next day(or anytime this season) and place him BACK on waivers with the intention of sending him down, but he would have to clear waivers. Now if at that time (with the Kings sticking him on waivers) if Boston puts in a claim, and is the ONLY one to put in a claim at that time, they could get him back and send him down without him having to clear waivers again. This has happened with Brett MacLean (PHO/WPG/PHO(minors)) and Taylor Chorney (EDM/STL/EDM(minors)) this year.

So in short, no he doesn't HAVE to stay with the big club for any length of time, but there is basically no way he will end up in Manchester since most likely BOS would claim him back and put him in Providence anyways.

Old
02-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just for fun:

to COL: Voynov & Loktionov
to CHI: Stastny
to LA: Sharp

Old
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Just for fun:

no, id rather give up martinez and davisd.. lol

Last edited by kingsdarkness: 02-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old
02-06-2012, 10:44 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Just for fun:

Maybe. I just don't see Dean parting with either of the two.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM
funky

I would like Sharp, but would Chicago actually trade him. Still hoping for Stewart in the morning. Wish the Sharks would take Stoll for Zues

Old
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Stewart's numbers aren't too bad and the plus four is good...

From a Cane's article:

In 50 games for the Canes, Stewart has six goals and seven assists, and has been used primarily on the fourth line by coach Kirk Muller. Stewart's plus-4 rating is the best on the team.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
yea I really doubt Stewert clears.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:32 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Thanks for the explanation.

I still say we take a chance on Hamil and send Lokti back to Manch.
I'd rather keep loki than get hamill. Hamill has a bigger cap hit and is a worse player IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I would love to see Dean go all out for Nash.
Not at the rumoured asking price. nash's cap hit is ridiculous and he's having his worst season since his rookie year. All for $7.8 million in cap space. Nash is arguably the most overrated guy on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
That guy is a frickin jackass IMO. In the article you linked he states the following:

Quote:
Dean Lombardi is as conservative as they come. He also tends to be stupid. TWO first round draft picks (Cammalleri and his own first) to draft Colten Teubert ahead of Tyler Myers? Dustin Penner for TWO 1st round draft picks (his own plus Colten Teubert?)
and

Quote:
Last season, Kings fans EXPECTED the Kings to make a splash, and they did, grabbing "Pancakes" from the Oilers.
This is the article he wrote March 3, 2011, right after we got Penner:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=34173

Quote:
Last week, people were saying Lombardi doesn’t have any balls to make a huge splash and one local reporter even said Lombardi dithers and usually makes tedious mid range deals.

Lombardi came through with a major deal. For the team, for the fans, and for the critics.
Quote:
The Kings needed SCORING and WOW, they acquired SCORING.

Lombardi also addressed the need for a top LEFT wing. And just for the record, what “speedy” left wingers were available? Booth? With 4 years remaining on his deal?

THANK YOU DEAN. What’s so hard about saying that?

Lombardi, who had also been accused of being reluctant to trade his draft picks actually traded the 1st round pick he acquired from Michael Cammalleri PLUS his own 1st round pick to move up in the draft to select Colten Teubert, who he just dealt to acquire Penner.

Can we give the man some credit? A little trade dexterity.

Adding Penner now gives the Kings FIVE 20 goal scorers.
Barry himself would have done the Penner deals and the deal involving Cammalleri and the 1st round picks. But it's just easier to turn on a guy when he's down and act all high and mighty in hindsight.

Barry isn't worth the effort most times, but that article pissed me off. Crap like that is what makes 'journalism' such a joke terminology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Out of those 4, probably Gaborik. It was rumored that he offered for us to match the Rangers offer. Dean didn't want to because of his injury history and the length of the team, but the cost was fine. Ordered from most interested to least: Gaborik, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Richards.

Gaborik (was rumored to be interested in us for a while but we just couldn't overlook his injured history), Hossa (was interested and Dean matched Chicago's deal, but he had a better offer which obviously worked out for him in Chicago), Kovalchuk (toying with us to increase deal), and Richards (had no interest whatsoever in leaving the east coast).
Another guy that came very close was Chara. Apparently DL offered him the same $7.5 million/5 year deal he got with Boston, but he elected to go with Boston over us. It was apparently a very hard decision for Chara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Gaborik was the big mistake. That was a 3 or 5 year deal that Lombardi should've just offered. He would look so good next to Kopitar right now.
Agreed, now. It was a 5 year deal Gaborik wanted and IIRC Dean would only offer four years. It looks like an easy choice now, but at the time Gaborik was coming off a major injury that limited him to 17 games and he had missed a total of 138 games over the previous five seasons (an average of nearly 28 per season). Gaborik wasn't a surefire safe bet. As well, don't forget Gaborik looked pretty bad last year with the Rangers as well.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Face Wash

Trade's not REALLY going to help this team. Change in philosophy geared toward defensemen having complete freedom to skate and make plays would have more affect than any trade.

Nash would be fine, but only because this team has no Superstars and as Chick would say, you need to have superstars on your team to be successful. It would be exciting to get a guy like him, but aside from that, nothing but a change in philosophy is going to help this team... Coach Rocky Balboa certainly isn't going to change anything. DL shot his wad when he hired this guy, there's nothing left to do. Unless you're getting Nash, everything else is a waste.

Again, it's been 23 years since the worst offensive team in the NHL made the playoffs back when only 5 teams missed the playoffs. I'll be stunned if the Kings do it this year.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

This is the article he wrote March 3, 2011, right after we got Penner:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=34173

Barry himself would have done the Penner deals and the deal involving Cammalleri and the 1st round picks. But it's just easier to turn on a guy when he's down and act all high and mighty in hindsight.

Barry isn't worth the effort most times, but that article pissed me off. Crap like that is what makes 'journalism' such a joke terminology.

Such a ****ing hypocrite. I can't believe people on LGK actually respect the guy as much as say Hammond.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:52 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Crap like that is what makes 'journalism' such a joke terminology
I hate to break it to ya, but that **** ain't journalism.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Such a ****ing hypocrite. I can't believe people on LGK actually respect the guy as much as say Hammond.
Meh. They're just a bunch of nameless, faceless minions. "Ham & eggers", if you will.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:07 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Is Hammond even relevant anymore? I don't see anything he writes anymore, don't see any inside information being shared with the fans, don't see any breaking stories. He doesn't exist and I'm a King fan who searches for information. Seems like another King employee who took the paycheck and is mailing it in.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Is Hammond even relevant anymore? I don't see anything he writes anymore, don't see any inside information being shared with the fans, don't see any breaking stories. He doesn't exist and I'm a King fan who searches for information. Seems like another King employee who took the paycheck and is mailing it in.

For you, there's always The New York Times.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
But if the Kings claim Stewart then he never "cleared". I don't remember him being placed on waivers recently.
Then he has to pass through the waiver system again.

The only reference the CBA makes to "30 days" is the duration of waiver exemption post-clearance.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:27 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
I hate to break it to ya, but that **** ain't journalism.
You aren't breaking anything to me, I was a reporter/editor for nearly a decade. While you and me can agree on that, most of your average readers lump crap like that in under the term journalism and brand it all with the same label.

It's pretty easy to be a keyboard warrior like Barry does. He doesn't have to back it up at all, just send the hate mail to the junk bin, reply to your fans and keep on pumping out whatever is popular. It was popular to defend the Kings and DL for getting Penner last March, it's popular to ****-kicking the team/DL for getting Penner now.

I just wish people would stop linking his stuff, it's like feeding a troll. Typically I don't read it, for the reason I posted earlier, but I clicked on the link thinking he was mentioning some name that would have made for good conversation. Nope, wrong, just another huge pile of excrement masquarading as a smaller pile of excrement.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Roflmao... They all cleared waivers...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Fat Elvis

Guess I just don't understand much of anything.

Quote:

Old
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
couldn't help but to smile and chuckle about that. #minions

Old
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
What do you want the guy to be?

You can't tell me you actually respect Barry

Old
02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
i think they respect the guy as a fan....... the guy has already said 95 percent of the stuff he spews is probably wrong. so yea keep insulting him. dont act like your **** dont stink because everybody on this board is guilty of being a hypocrite one time or another.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Barry's crime is that he puts down what most people think while angry during games into articles. Ex. snap judgments. There's nothing totally wrong with that to be honest. Most people here, including myself, would likely be guilty of the same thing.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i think they respect the guy as a fan....... the guy has already said 95 percent of the stuff he spews is probably wrong. so yea keep insulting him. dont act like your **** dont stink because everybody on this board is guilty of being a hypocrite one time or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Barry's crime is that he puts down what most people think while angry during games into articles. Ex. snap judgments. There's nothing totally wrong with that to be honest. Most people here, including myself, would likely be guilty of the same thing.
Exactly. And I think if you are on a platform capable of broadcasting yourself like Barry is, being the sole writer on the Kings on a hockey site, if he wanted more credibility or respect he wouldn't be such a run of the mill, knee jerk reaction, homer fan that people can just brush aside.

Sounds like you like him Boba.

I respect the guy as a fan as well. But I don't respect what he is doing. He gets a chance to write on the Kings and most the time his "articles" turn into a big belly aching rant. And his responses in the comments (at least they used to be this way) would become one big game of one ups-manship and petty name calling.

I remember a few years back when every article he wrote had a little jab at Rich Hammond or Helene Elliot....

talking about how he "scooped them" or some bull crap, or he was a more reliable journalist. If you're going to say that's what you are, at least act like it. Don't come across as a giant whiner in most of your articles, or someone who is trying to prove how much better they are then someone else. I don't see Elliot and Hammond taking shots at each other, even though they have the platform to do so.

It's fine that you and I sit here on a board in a GDT and say "WTF!" at a call or about a player. But it's different when you put yourself on a pedestal, seemingly above other fans opinions, and portray yourself as a "journalist" or among the likes, and then do the same exact thing that we do here.

It's fun to remember that Hammond, although he has become a bit of a mouthpiece for the Kings, which is fine, basically started in a similar role. What rose him through the ranks was his professional approach to the Kings. It WAS a blog from the Daily News. He could have said whatever he wanted, and pissed and moaned and ranted uncontrollably about things. But he didn't, and it ended up working out for him.

That's why I don't read Hockeybuzz, or Barry at all anymore. It's basically HF boards. But it's one guy who thinks he is better then HF boards, saying the same exact thing we say here.

I've said my peace on this. This is after all a trade rumor and proposal thread. Should get back on topic.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Boba, I'll at least admit if I'm wrong. If I had praised the Penner trade and the Teubert/Cammy deal, I wouldn't come back on here a year later acting like DL is inferior to me and calling him down for having done just that. If Barry doesn't want to admit he's wrong, fine, most people avoid putting the limelight on their errors. But to slam someone for doing something you yourself admitted you'd have done in the same situation is just trolling for readers.

If you like him, fine, your choice. But we (Me and JayKings) don't and we will express that sentiment, especially when he comes across like a complete hypocrite.

Live in the Now, I understand where you are coming from, but there is a difference between Barry and posters on a message board as well. When you put yourself out there as a writer or 'journalist' (not sure exactly what Barry labels himself as) you hold yourself to a higher level of credibility. When Barry posts hypocritical garbage like that, he also deserves a corresponding increase in negativity as compared with someone on a message board like these.

Old
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

I agree with everything it is that you've said. We are starting to go OT though.

Old
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Boba, I'll at least admit if I'm wrong. If I had praised the Penner trade and the Teubert/Cammy deal, I wouldn't come back on here a year later acting like DL is inferior to me and calling him down for having done just that. If Barry doesn't want to admit he's wrong, fine, most people avoid putting the limelight on their errors. But to slam someone for doing something you yourself admitted you'd have done in the same situation is just trolling for readers.

If you like him, fine, your choice. But we (Me and JayKings) don't and we will express that sentiment, especially when he comes across like a complete hypocrite.

Live in the Now, I understand where you are coming from, but there is a difference between Barry and posters on a message board as well. When you put yourself out there as a writer or 'journalist' (not sure exactly what Barry labels himself as) you hold yourself to a higher level of credibility. When Barry posts hypocritical garbage like that, he also deserves a corresponding increase in negativity as compared with someone on a message board like these.
i could care less about him about him lol.

thats the problem, u guys view him as a journalist and take him seriously i see him as a poster on lgk. criticize him all you want but calling a fellow king fan an idiot is where i raise my brow.

Closed Thread