HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
  #101
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,947
vCash: 5792
A close win as well. People were waiting for one of those.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
  #102
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
I'm not a big fan of basketball, but anytime the sixers beat the lakers, I'm a happy guy.

Devastate is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #103
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 50
Watch the bandwagon grow.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 07:11 AM
  #104
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Watch the bandwagon grow.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

rayearth is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 09:23 AM
  #105
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,947
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Watch the bandwagon grow.
It's already wild. After a good start by the Flyers, they've become the Eagles and the Sixers are the Phillies.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
  #106
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
I like to check the attendance occasionally and they're now up to 20th in the league with 15,672 at home. I can see them getting into the top 15 by the end of the season. I'm pretty amazed people have come back so fast, especially with no real star on the team. The new ownership and Collins really seem to have their stuff together. I've even found myself tuning in here and there.

rayearth is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
  #107
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
I like to check the attendance occasionally and they're now up to 20th in the league with 15,672 at home. I can see them getting into the top 15 by the end of the season. I'm pretty amazed people have come back so fast, especially with no real star on the team. The new ownership and Collins really seem to have their stuff together. I've even found myself tuning in here and there.

There is nothing wrong with the bandwagon. I feel I'm a big fan of this team because of the way they win games. Hard fought, hustle, DEFENSE. They play a purely team game. Their 7th man plays as big a role as their 1st man. Collins is an excellent coach and I love listening to the dude talk hoops. I've been waiting for a team like this to come along and remedy the bastardized NBA that the game has become.

Give me a team game any day over that iso ********.

I don't think they need a "star" per se, however I'd be happy if they got a legit big man. I'd love Bogut from the Bucks.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
  #108
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the bandwagon. I feel I'm a big fan of this team because of the way they win games. Hard fought, hustle, DEFENSE. They play a purely team game. Their 7th man plays as big a role as their 1st man. Collins is an excellent coach and I love listening to the dude talk hoops. I've been waiting for a team like this to come along and remedy the bastardized NBA that the game has become.

Give me a team game any day over that iso ********.

I don't think they need a "star" per se, however I'd be happy if they got a legit big man. I'd love Bogut from the Bucks.
Agreed. I thought I'd never watch basketball again but now I'm not so sure. I don't think I'll ever get to level I once was during the Iverson era though. That ship has sailed. The Flyers and Phillies (and even the Eagles) are way too far above at this point.

rayearth is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 02:41 PM
  #109
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
I hate the NBA because of the egos, the stars being coddled by the media and refs, and it essentially being a 6 team league, with those 6 teams being built like all-star teams.

That being said, this Sixers teams goes against ALL of that, and I love it. And I really like their chances in a short, condensed season because of how they use all of their players (when healthy) and have a great bench rotation.

sobrien is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 03:08 PM
  #110
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I hate the NBA because of the egos, the stars being coddled by the media and refs, and it essentially being a 6 team league, with those 6 teams being built like all-star teams.

That being said, this Sixers teams goes against ALL of that, and I love it. And I really like their chances in a short, condensed season because of how they use all of their players (when healthy) and have a great bench rotation.
QFT. Couldn't have said it better myself. The egos are unbearable. Nothing but work ethic on this team and no showboating.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
  #111
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Kudos to everyone like me who actually followed this team post-AI and didn't just hop on the bandwagon this year.

They're an exciting team right now, Collins is an amazing. I love Young, Holiday and Meeks too.

But I still don't think they can beat Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series. Because sadly you need a superstar in the NBA and the Sixers don't have one even though Iguodala is paid like one. The NBA sucks in recent years (but I still watch it. ) and is basically a 4-5 team race tops. And the lockout served basically no purpose.

They should at least win the Atlantic and a 1st round series though.

I wonder if there's any merit to the Hawes for Kaman rumors. Both are FAs and season's end and Kaman is the better player and would help them out big time.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
  #112
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I hate the NBA because of the egos, the stars being coddled by the media and refs, and it essentially being a 6 team league, with those 6 teams being built like all-star teams.

That being said, this Sixers teams goes against ALL of that, and I love it. And I really like their chances in a short, condensed season because of how they use all of their players (when healthy) and have a great bench rotation.
I wouldn't call the Bulls an "All-star team" Outside of Rose, they really don't have anyone THAT special. Boozer and Rip are both way passed their prime, and I'm not sure they can last the whole season. Noah pretty much has no finish, Deng is really good defensively and he's picked up A LOT offensively this year, but I'm not sure he can do it consistently (including the Post season)...Korver is pretty good, but he sucks defensively.

The one thing they have in common (besides Rose) is that you can't count on their offense every night. Either it's Rose whose stepping up or Rose and one of them.

With that being said I can see your point, they have Rose and all those players and are #1 in the East. We pretty much have nobody and we're right behind them.

drownedsailors is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
  #113
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
But I still don't think they can beat Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series. Because sadly you need a superstar in the NBA and the Sixers don't have one even though Iguodala is paid like one. The NBA sucks in recent years (but I still watch it. ) and is basically a 4-5 team race tops. And the lockout served basically no purpose.
Like someone posted before, I think we might have a shot at beating the Bulls. We match up pretty well against them...it'll be tough as hell to try and contain Rose, but it's definitely not impossible.

I'd rather face Chicago than Miami that's for sure.

drownedsailors is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
  #114
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I wonder if there's any merit to the Hawes for Kaman rumors. Both are FAs and season's end and Kaman is the better player and would help them out big time.
Their stats are pretty similar this year- Hawes' are even a little better- and Kaman has had serious injury problems in the past. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. No thanks on that trade possibility.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
  #115
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
I wouldn't call the Bulls an "All-star team" Outside of Rose, they really don't have anyone THAT special. Boozer and Rip are both way passed their prime, and I'm not sure they can last the whole season. Noah pretty much has no finish, Deng is really good defensively and he's picked up A LOT offensively this year, but I'm not sure he can do it consistently (including the Post season)...Korver is pretty good, but he sucks defensively.

The one thing they have in common (besides Rose) is that you can't count on their offense every night. Either it's Rose whose stepping up or Rose and one of them.

With that being said I can see your point, they have Rose and all those players and are #1 in the East. We pretty much have nobody and we're right behind them.
Chicago is like what the Sixers would be with a superstar. They know their roles, play great defense, control the glass, and step up on offense when they have to. The difference maker is Rose who is a legit superstar. Sixers would give them a good run in a 7 game series but when they are so similar I think the advantage Rose gives them would outweigh the coaching advantage Collins gives Philly.

dawkins121 is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #116
Clyde Donovan
Registered User
 
Clyde Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
If anyone is interested there is an interview with Voracek and Simmonds at the game last night posted on the Sixers site.

Clyde Donovan is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 04:57 PM
  #117
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
If anyone is interested there is an interview with Voracek and Simmonds at the game last night posted on the Sixers site.
Feel like a moron ere but can't seem to find it

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
  #118
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,189
vCash: 300
I have no reason to back this up but Voracek looks like he would be good at basketball.

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
  #119
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgantown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I hate the NBA because of the egos, the stars being coddled by the media and refs, and it essentially being a 6 team league, with those 6 teams being built like all-star teams.

That being said, this Sixers teams goes against ALL of that, and I love it. And I really like their chances in a short, condensed season because of how they use all of their players (when healthy) and have a great bench rotation.
The NBA is a bad league - a horrible product altogether. Great game but a bad league. The problem is their CBA and the guaranteed contracts. Nobody with any brains bets on the NBA because they all get their money no matter how well they play and the refs fix the games.

The Sixers are an anomaly. An NBA team playing defense and running the floor like a college team. The thing that sucks is the refs will never let this team win it all because they don't have the superstar like the Heat or the Lakers - whose top players get all the calls.

KOBE KOBE KOBE!!!! yaaaay!!! who the **** names their kid after a steak house?

Gert B Frobe is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:29 PM
  #120
Clyde Donovan
Registered User
 
Clyde Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Feel like a moron ere but can't seem to find it
You have to hit the arrow over where all the little media boxes are at the bottom and it's under Guest Interviews with Matt Cord.

Clyde Donovan is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
  #121
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
You have to hit the arrow over where all the little media boxes are at the bottom and it's under Guest Interviews with Matt Cord.
Found it Thanks

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
  #122
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
The NBA is a bad league - a horrible product altogether. Great game but a bad league. The problem is their CBA and the guaranteed contracts. Nobody with any brains bets on the NBA because they all get their money no matter how well they play and the refs fix the games.

The Sixers are an anomaly. An NBA team playing defense and running the floor like a college team. The thing that sucks is the refs will never let this team win it all because they don't have the superstar like the Heat or the Lakers - whose top players get all the calls.

KOBE KOBE KOBE!!!! yaaaay!!! who the **** names their kid after a steak house?
I agree and I was really hoping with their lockout that they'd institute a salary cap like the NHL did, to stop the building of these super teams.

sobrien is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
  #123
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,947
vCash: 5792

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 08:04 AM
  #124
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Their stats are pretty similar this year- Hawes' are even a little better- and Kaman has had serious injury problems in the past. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. No thanks on that trade possibility.
Remember the rumored Iguodala for Kaman deals not too long ago? I'm not a big Iguodala fan but that was brutal.

Kaman's not what he used to be but Hawes was below average prior to this year and his play this year might be due to the fact its a contract year.

It would be beyond stupid to go out and make big move and gut the team but I do think they need to added a big man either for depth behind Hawes or to upgrade him.

Vucevic may be 7'0 but he's not a true C. And I wouldn't want to rely on key minutes from Battie or Elson.

Then we have Brand and Allen who are both undersized to play the 5 consistently.


One team I think we match up terribly against is the Knicks. We have no one to matchup with Chandler and Stoudemire.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 11:29 AM
  #125
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
These guys are phenomenal. They play like a college team does. The goal is to WIN, and not to pad your stats. I seriously love the way this team plays, and I'm sort of reminded of the 2010 Cup run.

RyK15* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.