HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible new away jersey next year

Old
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Husky

vCash: 500
Need to do what the Blue Jays did with the "logo for life" campaign when they decided to get rid of RoboJay.

Ottawa must reincarnate the mid-2000s white jerseys with black sleeves and the old 2D logo as the permanent road sweater, then either promote the heritage jersey to full time home jersey or go back to the 2D black jersey. Classic and recognizable, much better look.

Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I would make the alternates the 07 reds.
BY FAR the Worst Jerseys in our history... They look awful

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Am I the only one here that absolutely HATES the "new 2D logo"?

I think it's the worst logo the club has ever had, IMO. Glad it's never found it's way on to a uniform, hope it stays that way.
Yeah I have to agree with you.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Minister of Offence

Sens, read this: Our Home and Away jerseys are NOT good.

Go back to the old stuff and leave it that way. People will not miss the current jerseys.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:

I think it's the worst logo the club has ever had, IMO. Glad it's never found it's way on to a uniform, hope it stays that way.
I agree. It's a horrible, horrible logo.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
MatthewT

Our three jerseys are fine as they are right now

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Our three jerseys are fine as they are right now
No they're not. In a poll conducted by Icethetics, we finished near the very bottom, the SNES one being the second lowest I think. And that's half a million voters...

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

I think our jerseys are too simple but I don't mind the logo. In fact, I like it more than our old ones.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
No they're not. In a poll conducted by Icethetics, we finished near the very bottom, the SNES one being the second lowest I think. And that's half a million voters...
If only we knew someone with a history of designing jerseys and has worked with the organization in the past.....hmmm maybe this savior could design a new one for us.......if only.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
It's not surprising....

The best jerseys are timeless, like you said. Our home and aways are faarrrr from timeless. Old ones were pretty good though.

It's often a good sign when outside fans just say "meh" to your new jerseys...probably means it'll be "meh" in 5 years, "meh" in 20 years, and maybe even "meh" beyond.

There's nothing special about the best jerseys in the league...except that they've been around forever and have barely changed.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:45 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I want separate black and white jerseys with the old 2d logo.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Yeah, no kidding. Our home and away ones are just sort of bland, and that SNES... thing... was just offensive.

Try to use your influence to get the heritage jersey promoted to home, and then design a white version for the road. Please?

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:

I feel the same...

As long as we keep the heritage jersey though, I'm ok

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:31 PM
AlfieIsOurKing
Jumping Folignos!

Yeah, I really liked the '07 Reds and I like the new 2D logo. Although, the reds are more of a nostalgia thing and I don't think I want them back. They'd look...odd.

The 07 black jerseys though, minus that logo on it...

AlfieIsOurKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
I quite like our current regular home/away jerseys. I understand they're a bit plain, but I don't mind them. At least our home jerseys don't make my eyes bleed anymore!
I can see why people don't like them very much, I don't understand why so many people seem to outright hate them though...

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post
I absolutely agree with everything you said. Hopefully when the team does decide it is time for new uniforms that they will bring you in again. Our current home and away jerseys are Reebok Edge cookie cutter designs that are the same as Pittsburgh's home and away as well as Tampa's old home and away jerseys.

I think a few adjustments to our old profile logo would be my ideal choice as well, the new profile logo feels a bit too circular for my liking.

I didn't make the image above. I saved it because I liked the "uniform crest" logo, I don't think it is perfect but I do think it is a step in the right direction.
I really like that logo. It's classic but with a modern touch, me likey. Someone come with a nice jersey design and let's get this to the front-office. Pronto!

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Yea but we have got rid of the SNES since, our home/road along with our heritage are a fine set of jerseys

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:37 PM
pdog1979

Quote:

I actually quite like it. Much better balance than the old 2D or current 3D. Plus, it's a circle - kinda like an 'O'!

I'm in favour of going back to the classic piping of our old white uni. Could look good with the new 2D logo... As an alternative, I think a white version of the heritage jersey could be pretty sick.

For a new home uni, I don't think there's any chance it won't be primarily red. For better or worse (Scotiabank), red has become our primary colour... I wonder how the new 3D logo would look on our old red 'toga' uni.

Speaking of Scotiabank - about time to launch a 'Let's call it Scotiabank Palladium' campaign, no? Kinda like TD did with the Garden in Boston?

pdog1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
pdog1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I quite like our current regular home/away jerseys. I understand they're a bit plain, but I don't mind them. At least our home jerseys don't make my eyes bleed anymore!
I can see why people don't like them very much, I don't understand why so many people seem to outright hate them though...
The reds are decent. The whites are just bad. Look so bland and boring on TV. Zero personality.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog1979 View Post
I actually quite like it. Much better balance than the old 2D or current 3D. Plus, it's a circle - kinda like an 'O'!

I'm in favour of going back to the classic piping of our old white uni. Could look good with the new 2D logo... As an alternative, I think a white version of the heritage jersey could be pretty sick.

For a new home uni, I don't think there's any chance it won't be primarily red. For better or worse (Scotiabank), red has become our primary colour... I wonder how the new 3D logo would look on our old red 'toga' uni.

Speaking of Scotiabank - about time to launch a 'Let's call it Scotiabank Palladium' campaign, no? Kinda like TD did with the Garden in Boston?
I have been saying this for years! I agree with you. Make a petition and I will sign it.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:46 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog1979 View Post
The reds are decent. The whites are just bad. Look so bland and boring on TV. Zero personality.
I consider both just incredibly bland and a sad attempt by Reebok to market their own style of "modernized" jersey.

I would prefer the team go back to something traditional like most teams have started to do.

As for jersey sales, why is it that teams like the Canadiens, Leafs, Wings and Hawks continue to lead in overall jersey sales? Timeless jerseys sell. Gimmicked abortions like the SNES jersey sell at first that fade into oblivion.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:06 AM
sinkhole
Who's the Boom King?

Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post

Just curious, what were those 3 "wing tips" on the left side of the original 2D supposed to be? Never understood that one.

sinkhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
Just curious, what were those 3 "wing tips" on the left side of the original 2D supposed to be? Never understood that one.
his cape/cloak/whatevertheycalledbackthen

Old
02-10-2012, 06:14 PM
pdog1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
Often wondered that too - and it was maintained in the new 2D logo, so it must have some meaning... If you look at the City of Ottawa logo, the 'O' has a similar 3-pronged design.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/c/ca-on-ot.gif

Old
02-11-2012, 08:22 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

This team needs all the revenue streams it can get. I'm good with them switching the jerseys every 4 weeks if it helps to keep the team in town

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote