HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
  #1
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Continue here

Last thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1020133


Last edited by habsprospects: 03-20-2012 at 07:26 PM.
hototogisu is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
  #2
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Discussion from other thread:

Quote:
I think that we really need to take a chance at Hunwick. Yes he's tiny, but he's athletically amazing. He's the kinda pickup that can be fail horribly or be really good for us (at least in Hamilton where they have garbage and an unhealthy Lawson).
The thing is, I don't think at that size you can ever compete in the NHL, he could end up being a good AHL goalie though.

Why not go both extremes, sign Rawlings and Hunwick.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
  #3
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Also I'll bring this post over because it looks like CP put a lot of work into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Here are a few NCAA FA's we should be looking at...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=111008

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115270

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107595

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107601

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116533

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116461

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116530

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123383

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123469

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116630

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101188

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99528

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107599

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93311

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101600

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115240

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=100199

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99805

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116521

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=122124

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=111966

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116673

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=104238

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123543

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99680

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101636

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123410

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=119611

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116501

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123400

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99667

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123412

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=102255

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116585

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=131812

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116655

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=131802

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1004723&page=4

hototogisu is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 02:28 PM
  #4
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Discussion from other thread:



The thing is, I don't think at that size you can ever compete in the NHL, he could end up being a good AHL goalie though.

Why not go both extremes, sign Rawlings and Hunwick.
I'd rather Dell and Hunwick, but I ain't mad if it's that combo.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 04:17 PM
  #5
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
What's the story on Brandon Hynes? Guy's a consistent 30+ goal scorer (could be considered a legit 40 goal scorer in the Q since he's done once and will possibly do it again) and no one's taken a chance on him? Is he still draft elligible or could we sign him after the season?

And is Yanni Gourde worth a swing as an UDFA?

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:33 PM
  #6
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
What's the story on Brandon Hynes? Guy's a consistent 30+ goal scorer (could be considered a legit 40 goal scorer in the Q since he's done once and will possibly do it again) and no one's taken a chance on him? Is he still draft elligible or could we sign him after the season?

And is Yanni Gourde worth a swing as an UDFA?
Hynes is small and not a very good skater. Gourde is small also.

the guy I'd take a chance on on that team is Fournier...late bloomer because he broke his leg in MAAA at 15 and missed most of his 16 year old season.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115921

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
  #8
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
We already made a huge mistake signing one Lefebvre, no more! I'd be weary of Gauthier just because he's on a stacked team.

Hvrivik is a guy we should definitely go after. Free depth to our LW pool.

A lot of the guys you listed are too small or have unimpressive stat lines to warrant ELCs though.

Bissonnette would be an interesting pick up after the draft, since he'll be a free agent after not getting drafted again. 6'4 center with some offensive upside. What's the scouting report on him? What type of game does he play?

From your NCAA list Chris Rawlings or Aaron Dell are definitely a guys we should make an offer to. We need a legit goalie prospect and drafting one is hit or miss.

Andrej Sustr is another guy I think would be a great pick up. Just because he's 6'8.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 06:20 PM
  #9
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Hynes is small and not a very good skater. Gourde is small also.

the guy I'd take a chance on on that team is Fournier...late bloomer because he broke his leg in MAAA at 15 and missed most of his 16 year old season.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115921
Skating can be improved. One of the knocks on Desharnais was his skating was subpar for his size. He's one of the fastest skaters on the Habs now.

Being a consistent scorer isn't something you can teach. He doesn't have one season standing out amongst all of the years he's been in the Q. He's pretty steady in his contributions.

Fournier on the other hand. He's pretty unimpressive and this year is the only one he's done anything worthy of note.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
  #10
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,681
vCash: 500
Daniel Pribyl (#21) scoring his 8th goal of the season in his 15th game (Feb.1) in the Czech 1.liga at 3:03


habsprospects is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 08:14 PM
  #11
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Skating can be improved. One of the knocks on Desharnais was his skating was subpar for his size. He's one of the fastest skaters on the Habs now.

Being a consistent scorer isn't something you can teach. He doesn't have one season standing out amongst all of the years he's been in the Q. He's pretty steady in his contributions.

Fournier on the other hand. He's pretty unimpressive and this year is the only one he's done anything worthy of note.
Fournier also has size and palys with an edge. Playsa style similar to Malone but skates better. Mallet of Rimouski is another one I really like, has come on big time this year, good size, hard nosed and above average skill. Could eventually develop into a 2nd line gritty winger or 3rd line shutdown center.

Hynes is like a poor man's Cammalleri, other than being a finisher he has few other qualities. At the same age Desharnais was the captain of his team, on PK and made his linemates better he was a 2 PPGM player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
We already made a huge mistake signing one Lefebvre, no more! I'd be weary of Gauthier just because he's on a stacked team.

Hvrivik is a guy we should definitely go after. Free depth to our LW pool.

A lot of the guys you listed are too small or have unimpressive stat lines to warrant ELCs though.

Bissonnette would be an interesting pick up after the draft, since he'll be a free agent after not getting drafted again. 6'4 center with some offensive upside. What's the scouting report on him? What type of game does he play?

From your NCAA list Chris Rawlings or Aaron Dell are definitely a guys we should make an offer to. We need a legit goalie prospect and drafting one is hit or miss.

Andrej Sustr is another guy I think would be a great pick up. Just because he's 6'8.

Bissonnette is a slick playmaker but the knock on him has always been his poor work ethic and lack of grit.

He's had a break out but is also playing with O'brien and Trudeau which hels his stats.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM
  #12
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Fournier also has size and palys with an edge. Playsa style similar to Malone but skates better. Mallet of Rimouski is another one I really like, has come on big time this year, good size, hard nosed and above average skill. Could eventually develop into a 2nd line gritty winger or 3rd line shutdown center.

Hynes is like a poor man's Cammalleri, other than being a finisher he has few other qualities. At the same age Desharnais was the captain of his team, on PK and made his linemates better he was a 2 PPGM player.
There's a difference between 'playing like' and having the talent to make it. Fournier has been unimpressive in his Q career. Kind of like Brodeur who had a 50-goal season which stood out like a sore thumb, and has since reverted to his true numbers.

Hynes, as a 16-17 year old, topped his team in goals, ahead of guys like Devos, Kubalik and Nestrasil. He's led his team in goals since that season, until this year, where he's one goal shy of the leader with 7 games less.

I mean, the kid can score. Is he still draft elligible or is his overage year next season?

The point wasn't to compare him to Desharnais, just the skating. The fact Desharnais has been such a find should incite us to go for guys like this, don't you think? Desharnais also never led his team in scoring until his overage year.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 09:54 PM
  #13
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Also I'll bring this post over because it looks like CP put a lot of work into it
Well Steve Moses shares Maurice Richard's birthday Aug.9th.

S Bah is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
  #14
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,306
vCash: 500
Mac Bennett and Mike Cichy will take part in an outdoor tournament next year as part of the leafs/wings outdoor classic.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/09/grea...s-in-december/


The GLI will be held outdoors for the first time, Michigan (Bennett) will face Tech and Cichy's team will face Michigan State (Conboy's former team). The winners will meet the next day. This will be Bennett's 3rd outdoor game in his 3 years at Michigan (unless of course he somehow turns pro this summer, which would seem unlikely since there's no rooom for him)

montreal is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM
  #15
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 50
In reply to Carey Price's list of players,I like Marek Hrivik and think he would be a great addition to Hamilton's PK and could be another Guy Carbonneau for the Habs given a chance.

S Bah is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 04:54 PM
  #16
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Mac Bennett and Mike Cichy will take part in an outdoor tournament next year as part of the leafs/wings outdoor classic.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/09/grea...s-in-december/


The GLI will be held outdoors for the first time, Michigan (Bennett) will face Tech and Cichy's team will face Michigan State (Conboy's former team). The winners will meet the next day. This will be Bennett's 3rd outdoor game in his 3 years at Michigan (unless of course he somehow turns pro this summer, which would seem unlikely since there's no rooom for him)
I figured the Mich teams would be involved, but I was hoping for NoDak or other teams

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 04:58 PM
  #17
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I figured the Mich teams would be involved, but I was hoping for NoDak or other teams
Well the 3 Michigan teams (Michigan, Michigan St and Michigan Tech) are in the GLI every year, but they invite one team to join them for the holiday tournament. Western Michigan is doing great this year now that Andy Murray is behind the bench, so good for Cichy to get to play in an outdoor game.

montreal is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 08:55 PM
  #18
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Tinordi with another assist, matching last year's 14 points(in 34 games vs 63) and a +3 tonight...getting to a ridiculous +34 in 34 games.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/6711

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
  #19
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Tinordi with another assist, matching last year's 14 points(in 34 games vs 63) and a +3 tonight...getting to a ridiculous +34 in 34 games.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/6711
Anyone watching him play? I'd love to know if he's really as dominant as his stats indicate.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
  #20
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Anyone watching him play? I'd love to know if he's really as dominant as his stats indicate.
He's on a stacked team, but his defence is getting better and better. Still not a stalwart on D, but has improved his decision making from last year and he seems to have more confidence to make long passes and carry the puck a little more. With Harrington and Määttä going down with injury, he's been relied on quite a bit.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
  #21
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Not as good as Oleksiak's 1 goal 3 assists +7 performance tonight

le_sean is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
  #22
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Not as good as Oleksiak's 1 goal 3 assists +7 performance tonight
Yea against a garbage team

Obviously a big game from Oleks.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
  #23
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
He's on a stacked team, but his defence is getting better and better. Still not a stalwart on D, but has improved his decision making from last year and he seems to have more confidence to make long passes and carry the puck a little more. With Harrington and Määttä going down with injury, he's been relied on quite a bit.
His +34 actually leads the OHL too. Pretty impressive feat considering he played in only 34 games.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 10:07 PM
  #24
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Just need to be very patient, very rare are the big defenseman that come in and not struggle, he is progressing but I'd keep him one full year in the AHL no mater how good he could be(a la Subban).

Then you go from there but still expect inconsistencies early on.

Zeroknowledge* is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 11:13 PM
  #25
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Nice goal by Pribyl in that video. He's scored another one since, in the game after that.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.