HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 05:02 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
That won't happen period unless somehow Staal goes the other way and we add picks/prospects and maybe something for salary purposes.
Jeff Skinner.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
the stuff they let into print these days is abysmal...especially in sports.

this is no exception.

I don't disagree that Pavelski is a possibility to be traded, i really dont...but when your squad NEEDS versatility, scoring, and depth a legit top 6 doesnt seem like it would be on the table.

realistically you wont see any inter-conference trading unless the team is well and truly out of the play off picture and there is 0 animosity, so dont even mention perry!

Ruutu continues to be hyped, and these things tend to lead to over valuations on Carolinas part, so pavs-ruutu wont happen unless we sweeten the deal unfortunately...maybe DW could talk sense into him, but are we really getting an upgrade by dumping pavs for ruutu? not to mention his UFA status this summer...so we could potential talk his contract down since we are perennial play off contenders or give him a raise and not lose any other bodies. this would be a bad trade that would NOT put us in a better position.
he is a C that shoots left...pavs shoots right and can play right/C. and has broken 60points before, and is a year younger. so many reasons this trade never happens.
I'm sorry, I must be miss-reading that. Are you really saying Pavelski isn't worth a UFA Ruutu? Hell I wouldn't trade Pavelski for a signed Ruutu, they are not even on the same level of player.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
do0glas

you are mis-reading. pavelski is much better than Ruutu...but due to the hype his potential trade is getting, carolina would over value RUUTU and try to get more from us than just pavelski.

"he is a C that shoots left...pavs shoots right and can play right/C. and has broken 60points before, and is a year younger. so many reasons this trade never happens. "

not sure how that is mis-read. clearly infering that pavs is the better skater lol. .

i was writing the post from Carolinas stand point and how they would value one of their top 6.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
you are mis-reading. pavelski is much better than Ruutu...but due to the hype his potential trade is getting, carolina would over value RUUTU and try to get more from us than just pavelski.
Rutherford isn't dumb. Even in this overheated climate for Ruutu, he wouldn't ask for Pavs who is a better player and signed for 2 more years.

If DW is thinking Ruutu, would rather get Umberger who's signed long-term

Old
02-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Pavs-Ruutu wouldn't happen because DW wouldn't do it. He wouldn't do it because Ruutu is not worth Pavs, not the other way around regardless of how much attention a Ruutu trade is getting.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
SpaceCowboy

Word from Toronto, is that Sharks have a hand in Moen. Unsure the return yet, but it is lighting up as a big possibility. Will let you know if I know more.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
Pavs-Ruutu wouldn't happen because DW wouldn't do it. He wouldn't do it because Ruutu is not worth Pavs, not the other way around regardless of how much attention a Ruutu trade is getting.
i guess the whole point of my post was lost in translation, sorry for that.

i was

A. debunking the pavs rumor with fact
B. playing devils advocate from carolinas side RE: Ruutus value.

basically suggesting that there is no reason to do a mid-season deal for a guy that has more teams linked to him than any other player and is UFA in the summer, highly doubt he resigns with carolina and then DW might battle it out for a signature in the summer, but we will most likely get outspent by lower teams.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Gilligans Island

I bumped the Downie thread on the trade board to see if Bolts fans think he's tradeable. Doesn't look promising.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
I bumped the Downie thread on the trade board to see if Bolts fans think he's tradeable. Doesn't look promising.
They're making a late season push for playoffs, so it makes sense that they'd keep their guys.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:54 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
What the fans think and what the GM thinks are not generally ever in tune. They have no chance at the cup this year, and they've clearly got some 'core issues'. Downie is certainly not untouchable in that climate.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
What the fans think and what the GM thinks are not generally ever in tune. They have no chance at the cup this year, and they've clearly got some 'core issues'. Downie is certainly not untouchable in that climate.
Sure, but the best gauge us fan have... Seems like their version of Clutterbuck. If we can pry either loose, bonanza.

Old
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
Word from Toronto, is that Sharks have a hand in Moen. Unsure the return yet, but it is lighting up as a big possibility. Will let you know if I know more.
Old news, and hopefully false. Goes against everything we know about DW.

1) Trading for a guy that already fell on his face the last time DW traded for him. Basically DW admitting a mistake (which he never does).

2) Rental, DW is supposedly 'done' with rentals

If we traded for Moen I will be simultaneously stunned, and pissed.

Old
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Old news, and hopefully false. Goes against everything we know about DW.

1) Trading for a guy that already fell on his face the last time DW traded for him. Basically DW admitting a mistake (which he never does).

2) Rental, DW is supposedly 'done' with rentals

If we traded for Moen I will be simultaneously stunned, and pissed.
When did DW admit Moen was a mistake?

Old
02-07-2012, 06:00 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Sure, but the best gauge us fan have... Seems like their version of Clutterbuck. If we can pry either loose, bonanza.
Fans seem to have much better reads on availability on a team that is doing well or great. On teams that are ******** the bed, they tend to be all over the map. The 'unique' skillset argument is the most commonly used one with fan favorite players who are performing like crap. Then they get traded anyway

Clutterbuck on the other hand is having a career season.

That is why I don't start mainboard threads for trades like that though, because the team in despair almost always is in denial mode and overvalues their players. Also keep in mind DW and Yzerman are good friends, though we haven't seen them trade yet, I imagine we will at some point.

All speculation of course.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
When did DW admit Moen was a mistake?
By not offering him a contract after that season? He clearly wanted nothing to do with him, especially since he signed Huskins anyway. Why sign Huskins if you are not even going to offer Moen a contract? Especially when you already ate the conditional pick for signing Huskins.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Iron Chef

For those that mentioned a trade with NYI involving Nielsen, Bob McKenzie just tweeted that he signed a 4 year $11 million contract extension with NYI

Old
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
For those that mentioned a trade with NYI involving Nielsen, Bob McKenzie just tweeted that he signed a 4 year $11 million contract extension with NYI
Wow. He barely makes more $$ than Handzus.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:08 PM
do0glas

having a player re-sign with a team doesnt mean trades wont happen

see: Setoguchi

Old
02-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Damn, well I guessed right on the cap hit.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Nothing personal, but this cracked me up, being posted in a fan thread about who we might trade/acquire. I guess maybe Pavs is available after all

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Old
02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
That's honestly an embarrassment.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Well...hopefully, this means DW is still working on 1 Top-6 or two tweeners.

Hopefully...

Old
02-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Wait, I just remembered. DW doesn't want any rentals so he insisted on a longer contract in place.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:

"he is a C that shoots left...pavs shoots right and can play right/C. and has broken 60points before, and is a year younger. so many reasons this trade never happens. "

not sure how that is mis-read. clearly infering that pavs is the better skater lol. .

i was writing the post from Carolinas stand point and how they would value one of their top 6.
JR would have to be on crack to even imply that Ruutu is worth anywhere near a player of Pavelski's caliber.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Clearly a sign and trade.

Closed Thread