HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mid-term grading

View Poll Results: How do you grade the team so far?
A - very good 0 0%
B - good 1 2.13%
C - average 16 34.04%
D - below average 25 53.19%
F - total fail 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
LeHab

vCash: 500
Mid-term grading

The Habs have officially hit the mid-season, how do you grade the team so far ?

I was expecting a 90-95 pts season (between 8th and 7th place) at the beginning of the year and we are on a pace for 88 pts. While our current standing isn't bad (we have played less games than most teams), the GF vs GA is horrible and some key players better pick it up in the 2nd half if they want to catch a spot for the playoffs.

The habs get a weak "C" from me.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:33 AM
KOVALEV10*

F- Complete fail.

Considering the fact that when you have 3 very good rookies in Perehzogin, Plekanec and Higgins, Koivu, Kovalev, Zednik, Ryder, Ribeiro (who was supposed to be a 65 point player) and some very good role players in Begin Sundstrom, etc you expect to be a top 8 team. If only Theodore hadn't cost us all those games and if we had a good coach who actually thought about offense rather then this stupid boring defensive system that never works.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Put me down for a complete failure.

Granted, this isn't the worst team in the league, but after nearly a decade of "rebuilding" this team has shown no real progress and quite frankly, seem to be regressing this year.

This team is well on their way to not making the playoffs, and I'd love to hear what management will have to say when that happens.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
I am in the visible minority. I have voted B, I won't bother explaining, I will just bookmark this page, and re-post this in the playoffs. You'll see.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:21 AM
AH

D for effort, C for results.

I guess you can say that we are lucky thus far.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
F

Sure this team burst of the gate and like they said on TSN last night...this team was playing over their heads.

Offense - Small soft forwards who have a very difficult time creating space. Now that the teams have adjusted to the rule changes our players are constantly being stood up and ridin off to the boards.

Defense - Absolutely terrible. Definitely the weakest link on this team. Constant giveaways and turnovers in the defensive zone. Any bit of pressure and they cough up the puck. No offense to speak of either.

Goaltending - Well I was a big Theo supporter coming into the season but that is over. I seriously don't believe he'll ever be a consistent goalie in Montreal ever again. Huet has looked good in a couple of games but I'll hold judgement until he does it on a regular basis.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:30 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
I am in the visible minority. I have voted B, I won't bother explaining, I will just bookmark this page, and re-post this in the playoffs. You'll see.
It's called mid-term grading, buddy.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:04 AM
optimus2861

We went from an "A" in the first 20 games to a "D" if not "F" in the last 20. I guess that averages to a "C", but I feel more like it should be a "C-".

Old
01-12-2006, 07:19 AM
TornACL

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861
We went from an "A" in the first 20 games to a "D" if not "F" in the last 20. I guess that averages to a "C", but I feel more like it should be a "C-".
That's also my opinion. "C" is what the Habs deserve

Old
01-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
So how are people giving the Habs a "C"? IMO C is average and we currently sit out of the playoffs and are only going down (take a quick glance at the schedule). Going into the season I thought this was a playoff team but they certainly don't look like one. I know there is still 40 games left and I'll remain somewhat optimistic but some majors things need to change.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Big Sexy

From A to F the team went from the beginning to mid season.

Lets hope there will be improvment.....

Old
01-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861
I almost said something like that too, then I thought, wait a second... what were our expectations? Playoff spot, right? Maybe just barely, but somehow getting into the playoff picture. I know we have enough games in hand to maybe sneak in, but right now we're 10th. 10th in the Conference has to be an "F", doesn't it?

Closed Thread