HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank You, NBC and Mr. Ebersol.....

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Thank You, NBC and Mr. Ebersol.....

I have to admit, I'm a major Olympic Hockey junkie. I have been since 1984. I think NBC is doing the right thing, because if the Rangers continue to be successful and put hockey back on the map, ESPN is going to regret giving up the deal.

Unprecedented hockey coverage in America. I love it. And we have 9 players in the Olympics. I think Nylander should be playing too, and I saw Sykora isn't on Czech Repub's roster....I mean, Cajanek and Olesz over Sykora?????????

Old
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8
I have to admit, I'm a major Olympic Hockey junkie. I have been since 1984. I think NBC is doing the right thing, because if the Rangers continue to be successful and put hockey back on the map, ESPN is going to regret giving up the deal.

Unprecedented hockey coverage in America. I love it. And we have 9 players in the Olympics. I think Nylander should be playing too, and I saw Sykora isn't on Czech Repub's roster....I mean, Cajanek and Olesz over Sykora?????????
Whats this about? Did they come out with a schedule of coverage or something?

Old
01-10-2006, 10:10 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Whats this about? Did they come out with a schedule of coverage or something?
Yep, I mentioned it in the GDT, http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/01/251792.html

There's the link to the PR, here's the link detailing NBC's total coverage. (This is for WNBC-NY) - Also all the other channels with olympic coverage: MSNBC, CNBC, and USA....

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv/index.html

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/5083321/detail.html Huge PR about all of NBC's olympic coverage.

It's gonna be sooo much fun

Old
01-10-2006, 10:11 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Gonna be amazing - Thanks to Rodent for the heads up....

"Our hockey coverage is a fan's dream come true, every U.S. game will be seen commercial free and in its entirety," Ebersol said. "Die-hard fans should mark their calendars for Wednesday, Feb. 22. It will be the single greatest day in hockey - all of the game's biggest stars will compete in the men's quarterfinals as the world's eight best teams all face off."

Old
01-10-2006, 10:18 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8
Agreed ... if the games popularity can turn a corner, NBC will have made out like bandits if they get a long term deal.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Squiddy*

That's what you get with a revenue sharing agreement. Expect a lot of promotion because they will be getting all the benefits if it hits off properly.

Old
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
JCProdigy

Yeah, with NBC's weekly Saturday game coverage kicking off this weekend, it would behoove them to get as much exposure as possible. They will probably be promoting the hell out of their games after the Olympics, during the broadcasts.

Old
01-10-2006, 11:28 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Holy cow that's awesome!

Old
01-11-2006, 02:39 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

I notice that NBC is also showing NHL hockey. Will NBC show playoff hockey too (all playoffs long not just the finals)? Or will it be on OLN? I LOVE playoff hockey and it doesn't matter if it's the Rangers or not, I want it all!

Old
01-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Squiddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
I notice that NBC is also showing NHL hockey. Will NBC show playoff hockey too (all playoffs long not just the finals)? Or will it be on OLN? I LOVE playoff hockey and it doesn't matter if it's the Rangers or not, I want it all!
They will show the finals (maybe later on they'll add more games?), but you can watch playoff games on FSN or whatever MSG... Until the finals. OLN will have wall to wall coverage aswell. Oh yeah and NBC is doing their coverage from NYC and are going to have a guest analyst every game (or telecast). They kick it off with Messier. Glad to see their studio is going to be in NYC and they are opening it up to the public like the way MSG does with Hockey Night in New York. It is going to have a better atmosphere than the closed doors at ESPN comming from CT.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:31 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddy
They will show the finals (maybe later on they'll add more games?), but you can watch playoff games on FSN or whatever MSG... Until the finals. OLN will have wall to wall coverage aswell. Oh yeah and NBC is doing their coverage from NYC and are going to have a guest analyst every game (or telecast). They kick it off with Messier. Glad to see their studio is going to be in NYC and they are opening it up to the public like the way MSG does with Hockey Night in New York. It is going to have a better atmosphere than the closed doors at ESPN comming from CT.
But wouldn't MSG and FSN only show tri state area playoff hockey? I don't want to miss Detroit and Ottawa in the playoffs due to not having OLN.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
well its about time too!

Old
01-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Phil333

Wow, commercial free games for U.S.A. hockey? Now I'm excited.

Closed Thread