HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils

View Poll Results: POTG
Artem Anisimov 1 1.85%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 5 9.26%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Brandon Prust 3 5.56%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Mike Rupp 1 1.85%
John Mitchell 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 8 14.81%
Henrik Lunqvist 25 46.30%
Ryan McDonagh 6 11.11%
Dan Girardi 1 1.85%
Michael Del Zotto 3 5.56%
Stu Bickel 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
DM23BK30

vCash: 500
Players with more assists than Brad Richards:

Craig Smith
Kyle Wellwood
Ian White
Nick Leddy
Vinny Prospal
David Deshairnais
P.A. Papsmear

Their combined salary?

I'll bet it's under 12 million

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

We need goal scoring. We shouldn't rely on that play... We need goals to rely on during the game not when there's 5 seconds left. At the same time we needed that goal..

Get us goal scoring sather!

Tony D63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Levitate

The last PP was pretty good, I think it's actually getting better but they're not getting any goals out of it. Marty had to make some good stops

Really, Brodeur stole this game in the third for the Devils, and outside of the first couple of PP's, the Rangers limited the Devils chances pretty well.

It just took the Rangers too long (two periods) to adjust to Brodeur handling the puck. Once they took that away from the Devils and forced the Devils defensemen to make plays, things shifted HUGELY in favor of the Rangers. If they do that all game they probably win. Hell, maybe even if they do it for two periods instead of just one

But, Brodeur made the stop, he was good tonight. I don't feel too terrible about this loss, just go out and win the next 5

Hell, look, the Rangers held an amazing hot offense to 21 shots and 1 goal, and completely dominated the Devils in the third period once they figured out the Devils weakness. It wasnt the best game but **** happens

Also, maybe I"m just amazingly optimistic, but I think the PP is getting close to breaking through. Their biggest problem now is getting setup, but once they do that they're generating some good chances.

Annnnd, I know Richards is struggling but Tortorella is misusing him at this point if he's going to play him with some 4th liners and ****.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:43 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Good:
-Do I even have to list Hank anymore? Sure he could have taken a nap in the 3rd but he makes so many great saves that Joe and Sam don't even have time to show replays of them all.
-McD played great as well, especially on Kovy.
-Staal had a good game overall, and I am just glad to see him beginning to round into form.

Bad:
-May have been Stepan's worst game as a Ranger.

Redden:
-Could not believe that call, outrageous.
-Expecting to win when you show up for 20 min.
-Spending 2.5 hrs watching a GD shutout.

02-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 561
Well, I guess we've hit our rough patch. Unfortunately its during a difficult stretch of schedule.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Seriously, I hope we meet them in the playoffs so we can destroy them.
destroy? really? we can't even ****ing score and when we do they don't count...

RangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
exactly...sometimes the game is tight..sometimes you dont play well....but i dont care if they didnt get a shot on goal all game...if the one shot they shoot goes in it counts...what does having played well or not have to do with anything...the ref blew the call....that was a goal...whether we played well bad or indifferent dosent matter....
I'm pretty sure everyone gets the philosophy. It's a statement made at the end of a frustrating game. Don't think it needs to be raked over the fire as if it were some second gunman theory.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Levitate

Again, Richards is never gonna look good if he's playing with 4th liners. This is one thing I don't agree with Tortorella on...you can't put top six players on the bottom line and expect them to earn their way back up, they're just going to look crappy and out of place because they're not getting much icetime

It's bad asset management and I don't like it when Tortorella does this

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
mahonistan*

I really wish our forwards would shoot when they have the shot instead of holding onto it or passing it. it happened a few times tonight and it's been a problem for the last 20 games. They aren't shooting at every open opportunity. You never score on shots you don't take.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 50
Richards should be back on the point on the PP. It looked good there at the end.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
park rangers
Optimist

Even if Gaborik wasn't called for the goalie interference penalty, wouldn't the refs have called accidental goalie interference and still waved off the goal?

The call was BS but am I right on that?

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
destroy? really? we can't even ****ing score and when we do they don't count...
We're 1-2 against the swamp rats this year. Scored 4 goals against them in one game, 3 in the BS loss due to their POS board, and tonight on an assist from the ref.

Not scared of that team one bit. The Leafs, Sens and the Pens (with a healthy Crosbaby that is) scare me more than they do.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The last PP was pretty good, I think it's actually getting better but they're not getting any goals out of it. Marty had to make some good stops

Really, Brodeur stole this game in the third for the Devils, and outside of the first couple of PP's, the Rangers limited the Devils chances pretty well.

It just took the Rangers too long (two periods) to adjust to Brodeur handling the puck. Once they took that away from the Devils and forced the Devils defensemen to make plays, things shifted HUGELY in favor of the Rangers. If they do that all game they probably win. Hell, maybe even if they do it for two periods instead of just one

But, Brodeur made the stop, he was good tonight. I don't feel too terrible about this loss, just go out and win the next 5

Hell, look, the Rangers held an amazing hot offense to 21 shots and 1 goal, and completely dominated the Devils in the third period once they figured out the Devils weakness. It wasnt the best game but **** happens

Also, maybe I"m just amazingly optimistic, but I think the PP is getting close to breaking through. Their biggest problem now is getting setup, but once they do that they're generating some good chances.

Annnnd, I know Richards is struggling but Tortorella is misusing him at this point if he's going to play him with some 4th liners and ****.
It's cyclical. This team is like a house full of woman all going on the rag at the same time. Just frustrates me that we always seem to come back to this same issue.

I would like to see more movement on the PP. Like someone else said a few games ago, they're too stationary at times waiting for the perfect pass/shot. Perhaps getting the defenders to move around a bit would create more opportunity. I dunno. Just my opinion

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Luck has nothing to do with anything. Score some actual goals against a goalie who has made a Hall of Fame career out of kicking the living **** out of you, and you won't throw away three points in the standings.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Good:
-Do I even have to list Hank anymore? Sure he could have taken a nap in the 3rd but he makes so many great saves that Joe and Sam don't even have time to show replays of them all.
-McD played great as well, especially on Kovy.
-Staal had a good game overall, and I am just glad to see him beginning to round into form.

Bad:

Redden:
-Could not believe that call, outrageous.
-Expecting to win when you show up for 20 min.
-Spending 2.5 hrs watching a GD shutout.

I thought so as well. His reflexes were super slow tonight and he his passes were off. I also thought he could have gotten a stick on the Parise's pass to Clarkson for the PP goal, but that's really nitpicking haha.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

The Rangers have played well up to this point and are sitting in first.
Why some here feel we're not suppossed to ever lose or struggle at times is beyond me.

if this team gets their power play going they're going to the SCF.
it may not happen this year, but when it does, we'll be deadly.

NikC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

Bad:
Good god he was awful. He's been on a bit of a slump.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Why are some guys saying Rangers didn't deserve to win? You play 60 minutes. If it takes 59:57 to score, it should count.
Can't believe that wasn't reviewed. They just give Gabby the interference call and that's it. That's a bunch of BS. Who the hell was reffing this game? Ian Welsh? The refs deserved to have beer bottles thrown at them, and more.
Another undeserved loss for the POTG, Hank. Credit the refs for that one.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Fanned On It

That call was iffy... I mean Gabby def got pushed into Brodeur by Volchenkov so that's one thing, but if it happened to the rangers and the refs DID allow the goal, then I'm sure we would all be saying it was a bad call and the goal shouldn't be allowed.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I really hope we play them in the playoffs. I want to kick the **** out of them more than anything.

smoneil

Is it just me, or do they make the pass to the empty point WAY too often? It seems like every game they do this a few times (throwing the puck to the point with nobody there to receive it, thus clearing the zone for the other team). It's not like it's even just one or two guys, either. They're all doing it.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Holocene

They're 6-3-1 in the last 10. I wouldn't really call it a rough patch. There are some ridiculously high standards here.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DM23BK30

Quote:
Again, Richards is never gonna look good if he's playing with 4th liners. This is one thing I don't agree with Tortorella on...you can't put top six players on the bottom line and expect them to earn their way back up, they're just going to look crappy and out of place because they're not getting much icetime

I agree. It's been bugging me since he became coach. I can understand line juggling, but he takes it to the extreme.

But you have to admit that it's getting out of control.

Last year, the clear glaring weakness was a true No. 1 center. It's hard to get a truer No. 1 than Brad Richards. For the life of me, however, I have no idea why he looks slower and is indecisive as hell. For over a decade he was a brilliant playmaker.

It's not like he's setting these scrub 3rd and 4th liners up with gimme's and they're blowing it. He's not setting anybody up, give or take a few exceptions.

Still, make the 2nd line Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan and keep them together no matter what.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers1388

BRUTAL CALL!

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:52 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:

Yup. By far his worst attribute as a coach.

Yeah Prust was having a good game, but he gives him 2nd line opportunities, and look what happens. He blows a nice pass and shanks it.

Just can't expect a good 4th liner to play like a second liner in all areas because his forecheck is on, and the puck is finding him.

rip
DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote