HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Three

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 09:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
nice red herring there bud

they aren't paid to score in every game (especially while one isn't even playing)

bryzgalov IS paid to make saves, and he has consistently failed to do so
I guess you missed how because the guy said "Bobrovsky" who didnt play, Beef put in "JVR" who didnt play?

Technically you are wrong. They ARE paid to score goals, just like Breezy is paid to stop them.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
nice red herring there bud

they aren't paid to score in every game (especially while one isn't even playing)

bryzgalov IS paid to make saves, and he has consistently failed to do so
Yet you're willing to trade Bob after a game he didn't play in. Why shouldn't we trade JVR as well?

02-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yet you're willing to trade Bob after a game he didn't play in. Why shouldn't we trade JVR as well?
wait,wait,wait can we throw in Carle as a bonus to ???

Old
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto64dr View Post
I knew this would happen, he hardly had any difficult saves, now all the lovers are out. He sucked in the S/O. Now matter, when he plays, we lose. He gets out Goaltended all the time. HE BLOWS, end of story. For 51 Million we got a worse goalie than the Isle's got for 1 Million. Because of Bryz we are dropping like a rock in the standings. We won't make it out of the first round with this stiff if we even make the playoffs with him.
I agree with this.

He had a few really nice saves, but saw nowhere near as consistent pressure as Nabby.

Nabby accomplished what Bryz was brought to Philly to do. He stole that game for NY.

That is why Bryz is getting the blame and after the year he has had, can't really blame those people.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
bryzgalovsky*

I wanted them to trade Bobrovsky since day 1, it has nothing to do with this game and everything to do with the fact that he's a clone of Bryzgalov.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I wanted them to trade Bobrovsky since day 1, it has nothing to do with this game and everything to do with the fact that he's a clone of Bryzgalov.
Lol if you think BOB and Bryz are clones of each other you absolutely have no clue what your talking about... Two way different goalies. Way way different.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Lol if you think BOB and Bryz are clones of each other you absolutely have no clue what your talking about... Two way different goalies. Way way different.
yeah they're totally different

only one of them sucks at any given time (because only one is on the ice)

Old
02-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
yeah they're totally different

only one of them sucks at any given time (because only one is on the ice)
Your really just making yourself look stupid now.. no need to argue with someone who has such little knowledge of the game. Your comments are even insightful, they are just hating on our goalies.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto64dr View Post
I knew this would happen, he hardly had any difficult saves, now all the lovers are out. He sucked in the S/O. Now matter, when he plays, we lose. He gets out Goaltended all the time. HE BLOWS, end of story. For 51 Million we got a worse goalie than the Isle's got for 1 Million. Because of Bryz we are dropping like a rock in the standings. We won't make it out of the first round with this stiff if we even make the playoffs with him.
Dude, Bryzgalov had a SHUTOUT tonight. It's not his fault if the team couldn't score.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
bryzgalovsky*

oh i'm sorry i'm not as educated as you folk who start letter-writing campaigns every time one of the goalies has a remotely good performance, and then make endless excuses on the other 9/10 games where they look bad

Old
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
oh i'm sorry i'm not as educated as you folk who start letter-writing campaigns every time one of the goalies has a remotely good performance, and then make endless excuses on the other 9/10 games where they look bad
how bout just learning to differentiate between games that are the goalies fault and games that arent. this one has nothing to do with bryzgalov and everything to do with lame offense and another bad shootout selection by laviolette.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Dude, Bryzgalov had a SHUTOUT tonight. It's not his fault if the team couldn't score.

exactly, what more do you want bryz to do? shootouts are a joke to begin with, they aren't in the playoffs, he got a shutout, the team played great in front of him, they didnt score, it's on the team not the goalie,

if pronger was back on this team i think it would have opened up the scoring, we need scoring defensemen.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Unlike you, some of us are on both sides, defend him when he plays good, criticize him when he plays bad. But here, you are attacking him when he played good, saying it was easy.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
PJStock*

Bryz has a .918 SV % in 2012 so far, on a new team, with an entirely different roster of players and an entirely different style of play. He was terrible in the first half of the season, but if he can keep up his recent solid play, then I'd say he is at least earning 'most' of his paycheck.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Unlike you, some of us are on both sides, defend him when he plays good, criticize him when he plays bad. But here, you are attacking him when he played good, saying it was easy.
Well, it kind of was easy

He deserves a nod of the head, not an applause

Old
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
bryzgalovsky*

he didn't even play THAT good, that's the problem. people are struggling to find good performances so it seems more balanced

he only had to face 18 shots, that's 2 periods worth on a normal night and i'm sure most goalies would have much better stats if they only had to play 2 periods

AND it was against a terrible offense

AND he was terrible in the shootout

it's like congratulating a grown man for winning a race against toddlers, in which he got a 10 second head start, and still just barely managed to win

Old
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
it's like congratulating a grown man for almost winning a race against toddlers, in which he got a 10 second head start, and had a heart attack right before the finish line
To make it accurate

Old
02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
PJStock*

Bryzgalov's struggles in the shootout are very recent. He was solid in Phoenix in shootouts. Which leads you to believe that he is simply having confidence/comfort issues, and that it's not a question of talent or reflexes. He can bounce back from the former, not the latter.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Well, it kind of was easy

He deserves a nod of the head, not an applause
Who's applausing him? Saying he played well doesnt mean people are applausing him. If anything, most are responding to people who said he played horrendous when he had a shutout. Like, how do you play bad during a shutout lol.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Who's applausing him? Saying he played well doesnt mean people are applausing him. If anything, most are responding to people who said he played horrendous when he had a shutout. Like, how do you play bad during a shutout lol.
Applauding*

Old
02-07-2012, 10:17 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Thorburn scored tonight on a nice shot, wonder if Leafs board has the torches out ?

Old
02-07-2012, 10:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
He had a few tough saves in the 1st. The Flyers simply played well enough down the ice that they didn't need Bryzgalov to rescue them in the 65-minutes of actual hockey. The Flyers simply couldn't find the back of the net.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

I hate shootouts...

But, man, there's really no such thing as a bad shootout shot against Bryzgalov. It all works. Just pick a hole.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Applauding*
Im good at math

Old
02-07-2012, 11:11 PM
GrkFlyersFan

Really??? Most of you are blaming Bryz? Wow!

Closed Thread