HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils

View Poll Results: POTG
Artem Anisimov 1 1.85%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 5 9.26%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Brandon Prust 3 5.56%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Mike Rupp 1 1.85%
John Mitchell 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 8 14.81%
Henrik Lunqvist 25 46.30%
Ryan McDonagh 6 11.11%
Dan Girardi 1 1.85%
Michael Del Zotto 3 5.56%
Stu Bickel 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 500

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Devils fan coming in peace. I thought the call could have gone either way - it's hard to tell whether Volchenkov is wrapping him up or pushing him in, but it looked like Gaborik didn't make much of an effort to not crash the crease.

I thought Hagelin was the best player for either team, aside from the two goalies. Kid can fly out there and he's shifty too.

I also thought the game starting with the 2x staged fight was garbage from both sides.
There was snow flying from the time Gaborik's five feet out of the net. He was clearly stopping. It was a terrible call.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:17 PM
OverTheCap

I'm not blaming him or writing him off or saying that his contract is horrible, but Richards needs to get more involved offensively. He'll show flashes each game, like tonight on our last PP, but we need more from him.

This is starting to resemble Gaborik's situation from last year... he underperformed, people started blaming his linemates. This year he has no problem producing with Stepan and Anismov/whomever on his line. It was up to himself to turn it around. Same applies for Richards.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Unpredictable1

I'm pissed about the call, pissed about Marty floppin like a whale like he normally does.

To me, and I could be wrong, it looked like Volchenkov's stick is clearly pushing on gaborik forefront (and stopping) skate as they're coming to the crease. But Volchenko made the bump from behind a couple feet outside of the crease, which increased Gabby's stopping distance. No contact there - Gabby is still at the top of the crease.

Marty's flailing made that call happen more than anything.

But whatever - move on.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Folks, I know everyone is pissed, but please stop with the "All Devils fans are scum and must die" type of stuff. From the site rules:

Quote:
Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling."
The line in bold means that you can't just sit back and demean Devils fans/people from New Jersey all day. I know everyone is pissed and I'm not trying to ding anyone for venting, but really...cool it. Just a general warning.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Holocene

Richards had a pretty good game. He made good passes on the PP Dubinsky just didn't bury them. Can't fault him for that.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Pinot Kreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
No. By rule if they decided that Volchenkov pushed Gaborik sufficiently to have unavoidable contact with the keeper it would 100% be a good goal.

What happened was there was very slight contact, and Gaborik (incredibly smartly) used that as an excuse to pull a Lawrence Taylor on Brodeur. If MG doesnt bulldoze Marty over, it's a very simple save and the game's over. Basically a really smart play on Gaborik part, because it at least gives you a chance to score, and then it's just up to the refs (who didnt bite on it). But the alternative is you lose, so why not knock over the keeper in that situation?
But Volchenkov did it...

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I'm not blaming him or writing him off or saying that his contract is horrible, but Richards needs to get more involved offensively. He'll show flashes each game, like tonight on our last PP, but we need more from him.

This is starting to resemble Gaborik's situation from last year... he underperformed, people started blaming his linemates. This year he has no problem producing with Stepan and Anismov/whomever on his line. It was up to himself to turn it around. Same applies for Richards.
It's not just that Richards is not producing. He routinely turns the puck over with these blind passes that he insists on making. He's billed as being a smart hockey player, but those passes are incredibly dumb.

Last edited by Zil: 02-07-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
He refused to comment on the call at the end. Still want it?
Nah, that's really all I wanted to hear. Thanks though.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:20 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

Good: Gabby, Hank

Bad: the...

screw it, the Redden is the call. I don't care about getting shut out in the first 59:57. The team came through when it needed and it was taken away from them and gifted to a franchise with 4 fans.

You better believe I'll be the Garden on the 27th to watch our boys get some payback for these 2 absolute frickin BS losses.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
No. By rule if they decided that Volchenkov pushed Gaborik sufficiently to have unavoidable contact with the keeper it would 100% be a good goal.

What happened was there was very slight contact, and Gaborik (incredibly smartly) used that as an excuse to pull a Lawrence Taylor on Brodeur. If MG doesnt bulldoze Marty over, it's a very simple save and the game's over. Basically a really smart play on Gaborik part, because it at least gives you a chance to score, and then it's just up to the refs (who didnt bite on it). But the alternative is you lose, so why not knock over the keeper in that situation?
Ehh, I think it was more of Marty pulling off a Crosby than anything.

Marty has certainly exaggerated getting hit many times over the years...

The refs DID fall for Marty's exaggeration

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
The question becomes...do we have the personnel to get it going? I feel like with this team, we're always in a perpetual wait mode. This is the season for so and so. This is the season because they're all a year older/wiser. Is it maybe time for Sather to make some difficult decisions at the deadline?
you can't deny that the team took a step forward overall this year.
despite Richards apparent struggles, he has had a positive impact.

i can't accept how bad this powerplay is. I don't believe it's soley the personel. there is no system. Torts approaches it, instinctual and it shows by how all over the place it is.

This team needs another scoring threat. a top 3 scorer. i wouldn't waste time on anything less. If you have to wait until offseason to bring him in then so be it. If one is availble at trade deadline, i would hope they do it.

I want either Ryan or Carter.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's not just that Richard's is not producing. He routinely turns the puck over with these blind passes that he insists on making. He's billed as being a smart hockey player, but those passes are incredibly dumb.
I agree... that's part of what makes it so frustrating. He's a smarter player than what he has shown so far. I'm just hoping it's the first year in NY jitters, it looks like he's putting a lot of pressure on himself and overthinking things.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:23 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

One issue may be that for some of the skilled players the system doesn't suit their style.
Richards has never been a cycle player. Torts may need to "loosen" the system for the top 2 lines...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Thanks for posting the video, Charlie.

Gabby is just going to the net, gets pushed into the Flopper by Volchenkov, and it's disallowed. Disgusting. The reffing in this league gets worse and worse every year.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Janerixon

Quote:

Bulldoze and Marian Gaborik in the same sentence??? Come on did you watch the goal, he tried to stop and this wasn't Rupp or Boyle or Bickel... this was probably our least physical player being pushed into your goalie. You make it sound as if his helmet came off and he went through the net and the boards.

Did Gaborik hit Marty, yes. Was he pushed in, yes. Did he try and stop, sure looked like it to me.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:26 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I'm pissed about the call, pissed about Marty floppin like a whale like he normally does.
Oh. Come on! Seriously?

Agree with the call, disagree with the call, fine, whatever.

But either way, the end result is that Brodeur got absolutely friggin' plastered on the play. Gimme a break. IMO, Gaborik did "too good" of a job cleaning out the goalie or maybe it would have stood as a good goal.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Holocene

Also, Philly and Pitts both lost tonight. I feel they're both bigger threats to us than the Devils anyway.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
I just **** my pants at 0:08......

Apologize, now.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Also, Philly and Pitts both lost tonight. I feel they're both bigger threats to us than the Devils anyway.
Both of them got Bettman points, though. The Rangers didn't get ****.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Oh. Come on! Seriously?

Agree with the call, disagree with the call, fine, whatever.

But either way, the end result is that Brodeur got absolutely friggin' plastered on the play. Gimme a break. IMO, Gaborik did "too good" of a job cleaning out the goalie or maybe it would have stood as a good goal.
He got plastered by Volchenkov, not Gaborik. Congrats on your two flukey wins!

Old
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Devils match up better than both currently unless Crosby comes back. Philly is still lacking a reliable goalie and Pitt gets hot and cold plus they have had a ton of injury issues all year long. If the Devils score 1 goal they can beat us by trapping, I would prefer we play a non-rival team in the first round, but that's just me.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Machinehead
Pinot Kreider

Quote:
Alright Al!!!!

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Devils match up better than both currently unless Crosby comes back. Philly is still lacking a reliable goalie and Pitt gets hot and cold plus they have had a ton of injury issues all year long. If the Devils score 1 goal they can beat us by trapping, I would prefer we play a non-rival team in the first round, but that's just me.
Except they're not a trap team anymore. Defiantly more aggressive on the forecheck. They just got lucky with their Stanchion and the BRUTAL CALL! (courtesy of Al)