HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils

View Poll Results: POTG
Artem Anisimov 1 1.85%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 5 9.26%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Brandon Prust 3 5.56%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Mike Rupp 1 1.85%
John Mitchell 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 8 14.81%
Henrik Lunqvist 25 46.30%
Ryan McDonagh 6 11.11%
Dan Girardi 1 1.85%
Michael Del Zotto 3 5.56%
Stu Bickel 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Oh. Come on! Seriously?

Agree with the call, disagree with the call, fine, whatever.

But either way, the end result is that Brodeur got absolutely friggin' plastered on the play. Gimme a break. IMO, Gaborik did "too good" of a job cleaning out the goalie or maybe it would have stood as a good goal.
Yeah it certainly wasn't a flop. Was Gaborik pushed into him? Debatable. Did Gaborik crush him? Absolutely.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Also, Philly and Pitts both lost tonight. I feel they're both bigger threats to us than the Devils anyway.
Dont Look now but NYR are a bad week qnd a half away from 4-5 place. Book it PItt and NJ pass us by the end of the month 2-48 on the PP doesn't deserve to be a # 1 seed and the mirror is starting to crack and the smoke is getting clearer. Good effort in the 3rd threw the kitchen sink at them but if you can't beat any one but crap goalies like Bryzgalov or score on the PP you aren't going anywhere

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:37 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
He got plastered by Volchenkov, not Gaborik. Congrats on your two flukey wins!
Replay disagrees with you.

http://www.youtube.com/v/E_kP9X4j8js&hl

But to the people who say, "Marty flopped" I'm sorry, but that argument is ridiculous, because Brodeur MADE the save, and the only reason the puck ends up in the net is because Gaborik took Brodeur into the net (with the puck).

So why the hell would Marty flop INTO the net after he's already made the final save of the game and HAS the puck on him? He loses the puck after the contact.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Dont Look now but NYR are a bad week qnd a half away from 4-5 place. Book it PItt and NJ pass us by the end of the month 2-48 on the PP doesn't deserve to be a # 1 seed and the mirror is starting to crack and the smoke is getting clearer. Good effort in the 3rd threw the kitchen sink at them but if you can't beat any one but crap goalies like Bryzgalov or score on the PP you aren't going anywhere
Don't look now, but you always expect the Rangers to get blown out in every game they play.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah it certainly wasn't a flop. Was Gaborik pushed into him? Debatable. Did Gaborik crush him? Absolutely.
The above is pretty much how I saw it too.

Old
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Oh. Come on! Seriously?

Agree with the call, disagree with the call, fine, whatever.

But either way, the end result is that Brodeur got absolutely friggin' plastered on the play. Gimme a break. IMO, Gaborik did "too good" of a job cleaning out the goalie or maybe it would have stood as a good goal.
funny how devils fans think everything they say is automatically fact. Gabby can't stop when attacked from behind

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
smoneil

People need to relax a bit on Richards. Is he going through a rough stretch? Obviously. There are two key things to keep in mind, however.

First, he had a bit of an adjustment season when he first went to Dallas as well (not quite as bad as his current one, but his numbers, particularly his assists, were way down from his usual standard). He followed that up with one of his best ever seasons. Richards even stated earlier that it would take some time for him to get on the same page with such a well-established team.

Second, when it comes to Richards, the regular season means absolutely nothing. This Rangers team has GONE to the playoffs in all but one season since the lockout. Once there, however, they haven't DONE much of anything. That's the primary reason Richards got the contract that he got.

Just my view, but I wouldn't even start to judge the value of the Richards signing until the post-season (and, based on his history, I would personally wait to judge him until well into next season).

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

But to the people who say, "Marty flopped" I'm sorry, but that argument is ridiculous, because Brodeur MADE the save, and the only reason the puck ends up in the net is because Gaborik took Brodeur into the net (with the puck).

So why the hell would Marty flop INTO the net after he's already made the final save of the game and HAS the puck on him?
And how did Gaborik end up in the net? Oh right. He was pushed into it by Volchenkov. Any time a defenseman shoves the forward into his own goal, it's not goalie interference.

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Except they're not a trap team anymore. Defiantly more aggressive on the forecheck. They just got lucky with their Stanchion and the BRUTAL CALL! (courtesy of Al)
Dude did you watch the 3rd period? 1 shot on goal, 4 guys in the neutral zone with 1 forechecker! If that's aggressive than what are the Rangers, Kamikazes?

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:

But to the people who say, "Marty flopped" I'm sorry, but that argument is ridiculous, because Brodeur MADE the save, and the only reason the puck ends up in the net is because Gaborik took Brodeur into the net.

Why the hell would Marty flop INTO the net after he's already made the final save of the game and HAS the puck on him?

I'm not too sure about that, even if gaborik stops before marty, I have trouble believing he would be able to see the puck, odds are I think anisimov gets the shot off and goes in.

But as far as the call, could go either way, anyone who is posting on this board who is 100% sure that they are right, be it a ranger fan or devil fan, should stay at the kiddy table

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
bmw2004

Wow... I just got back from the game. Rangers played like crap for the the first two periods and came out hard in the third. The PP is the main reason they lost today. Richards was invisible for the main part of the game. He had couple of good chances including the great pass to Dubinsky who failed to capitalize on it. Goal scoring slump should be classified as concern. The call at the end was dead right.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

So why the hell would Marty flop INTO the net after he's already made the final save of the game and HAS the puck on him? He loses the puck after the contact.
I enjoy reading/having conversations with other fans, but please don't say you're coming in peace and then refute what people say. You knew people were going to be upset after the game, no reason for getting into a pointless debate, what happened, happened.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Dude did you watch the 3rd period? 1 shot on goal, 4 guys in the neutral zone with 1 forechecker! If that's aggressive than what are the Rangers, Kamikazes?
And yet they let the Rangers get how many SOG's? We're all Rangers fans here. But this isn't a Lemaire team.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:

Anisimov put the puck in the net; Gabby didn't take it in with him.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Bad game, but not nearly as bad as some tried to say it was.

- The Devils played VERY well. Give them credit for it. Their defense the first two periods was stellar
- This team needs to learn how to adjust...earlier than in the third. Brodeur was stopping the forecheck at every possible opportunity
- Third period was great, but Brodeur shut them down.
- Hagelin, Gaborik, and McDonagh were stellar tonight. Del Zotto was very good as well
- Bickel made the game changing play, but aside from that, he was OK. Still would put Eminger in over him for the next game.

Move on from this. Still 1st in the East by 3.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Don't think Gabby crushed him at all.

Looks more and more like Marty flopped to me the more I watch it. I'd want Hank to do the same thing...but look how violently he goes flying back. It's a flop.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Anisimov put the puck in the net; Gabby didn't take it in with him.
Yes, you're 100% correct. But it's still a chicken/egg thing, if Marty is in the net, he's going to make the save.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:52 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
The call is irrelevant. The fact is that for 59:57 of that game, we had no offense. Hank played well, the D played well.

Richards needs to wake up, the powerplay is a pile of ****, and every shot we took hit a stick on the way to Fatso. Tough team to play against for sure.

Lack of offense is very concerning. Refs are refs, they suck. I don't hear anyone complaining about the missed high stick on the Devils player in the 3rd or the missed interference call around the same time.
Right focus.
Forget about the reefs.The only thing they can do anytning about,are theme selfe.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Mr Bojanglez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Ehh, I think it was more of Marty pulling off a Crosby than anything.

Marty has certainly exaggerated getting hit many times over the years...

The refs DID fall for Marty's exaggeration
Have you ever played goalie in ice hockey? Try not to fall back, when you're on your knees and 180+ pounds are coming at you. You have zero traction (because of the ice) so you get pushed back into the net.

You drop your stick, because you don't want it to get caught on the goal post / netting. Anyone who has had an arm injury (myself included) will instinctively protect their limbs. You tend to always have a little bit of a vulnerable feel after the fact.

Argue the call all you want... A full grown man, with momentum, hits him square in his upper torso. He's going to fall down! That's my only issue here, he legitimately fell down!

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

- The Devils played VERY well. Give them credit for it. Their defense the first two periods was stellar
- This team needs to learn how to adjust...earlier than in the third. Brodeur was stopping the forecheck at every possible opportunity
- Hagelin, Gaborik, and McDonagh were stellar tonight. Del Zotto was very good as well
- Bickel made the game changing play, but aside from that, he was OK. Still would put Eminger in over him for the next game.

Devils did play well but the first period and a good chunk of the 2nd may have been the flattest I've seen the Rangers all year. Especially in that first, I don't think there was one positive I could have taken out of that period.

Gotta tip the hat to Brodeur in the third. He stepped up big time and made the saves once the Rangers did start getting opportunities. And I have no clue why the Devils decided to sit back in the 3rd and basically let the Rangers control the play. They did the same thing Saturday and it almost bit them in the ass big time and they're lucky it didn't tonight. Brodeur bailed them out in that third period. The first two periods was all Devils though.

Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

They should realize that Brodeur will play the puck 99.99% of the time it goes near him.

The team should've adjusted earlier and stopped dumping it to where he would be able to play it.

I still would like a player to CARRY the puck into the zone; that would've helped quite a bit tonight.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
And yet they let the Rangers get how many SOG's? We're all Rangers fans here. But this isn't a Lemaire team.
I agree it isn't a Lemaire team as he was a great coach but they had an amazing defense with Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer, Driver, etc. There is no comparing the devils current defense to that. They were certainly trying to trap in the 3rd, I really don't think that is debatable.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
They should realize that Brodeur will play the puck 99.99% of the time it goes near him.

The team should've adjusted earlier and stopped dumping it to where he would be able to play it.

I still would like a player to CARRY the puck into the zone; that would've helped quite a bit tonight.
Agree 100% especially on the PP, skate into the zone and shoot. Too much dumping, not enough chasing, it wasn't working.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Yes, you're 100% correct. But it's still a chicken/egg thing, if Marty is in the net, he's going to make the save.
Maybe... or maybe Anisimov buries the rebound.

Either way, the Rangers played very poorly the 1st and 2nd periods.

Can't play 1 solid period and win a hockey game.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
The Stu Bickle experiment may have run its course. I am not going to care about the fighting penalties, but he has been force to take a ton of penalties the past couple of weeks because he has been getting beat for his assignment

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote