HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poti and Carter Available

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Copper&Blue4Life

vCash: 500
Poti and Carter Available

Hey guys why dont we try to reacquire Tom Poti, Anson Carter and Jussi Markannen for Mike Comrie, Cory Cross or Tommy Salo and lets throw in some Brad Isbister. On a serious note here we should look at possibly acquiring Jason Wiemer. According to the hearsay on Sportsnet the Islanders are expected to put Wiemer on waivers and slash some salary.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:12 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life
Hey guys why dont we try to reacquire Tom Poti, Anson Carter and Jussi Markannen for Mike Comrie, Cory Cross or Tommy Salo and lets throw in some Brad Isbister. On a serious note here we should look at possibly acquiring Jason Wiemer. According to the hearsay on Sportsnet the Islanders are expected to put Wiemer on waivers and slash some salary.
I know you were just kidding, but Carter and Makaanen cannot be traded to us. They can't got back to the same team within one year (I think that's the rule. Note: see situation with McCammond in Cowtown).

As for the serious part (Wiemer); why? Is he really any better than Pisani? Is he worth the extra coin? With Wiemer set to earn $1,622,500.00 and Pisani set to earn $600,000.00, I would argue no.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

i dont think it goes by calender year, i think it goes by a hockey season, so if oilers traded carter in october and then re-aquired him at the deadline, then it would pose a problem.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:28 AM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
I know you were just kidding, but Carter and Makaanen cannot be traded to us. They can't got back to the same team within one year (I think that's the rule. Note: see situation with McCammond in Cowtown).
This rule only applies to players that are traded within four weeks of the waiver draft.

Was trying to find something more concrete, but here's an article from ESPN on the McAmmond situation.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0313/1522976.html

Old
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
This rule only applies to players that are traded within four weeks of the waiver draft.

Was trying to find something more concrete, but here's an article from ESPN on the McAmmond situation.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0313/1522976.html
Yup, that's right MrMackey. Just for future reference ... a copy of the current CBA can be found here:
http://letsgopens.com/nhl_cba.php

The section of interest in this case is Artice 13.36.
A player traded by a Club within the four weeks prior to the Waiver Draft may not be reacquired by such Club within the forthcoming season.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:50 AM
H-Bear

Touche. Thanks for the info.

Closed Thread