HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
I think Leblanc has shown more offensively than Eller in all his first year. Plus, he's younger than Eller.

For them saying he's not physically ready... NugentHopkins neither and he's still very good in the nhl.

Leblanc is ready for nhl duty.
RNH has already been injured twice and is still out. He is an elite talent but he's not ready for the NHL physically.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Don't think so. They didn't crack with Esposito or others.
The draft was in mtl.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think Leblanc has shown more offensively than Eller in all his first year. Plus, he's younger than Eller.

For them saying he's not physically ready... NugentHopkins neither and he's still very good in the nhl.

He can definitely play in the NHL, but can he be more than a 3rd/4th liner here? I rather he be given an offensive role in the AHL for the rest of the season to practice being an offensive player. By playing 10min/game in the NHL he won't really get a chance to have that trial and error process to see what works on pro hockey players and what doesn't. In the AHL he'll get a lot more leach from the coach along with more time and space to try things out. Next season he'll have that experience and knowledge already of what works in the AHL and can build on it in the NHL. People wanted Subban in the NHL asap too but his case was especially important to get a lot of AHL games in for the same reason. Pacioretty wasn't really given this chance at first since he was good enough for 3rd/4th line NHL duty but after he found out what worked in the AHL he never looked back and became a top 6 guy in the NHL too.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:09 PM
deandebean

Not surprised by Leblanc. Go read what I had written when drafted. Saw the kid play midget aaa, kid beat records as a player his last year. He was stupendous with LSL.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
RNH has already been injured twice and is still out. He is an elite talent but he's not ready for the NHL physically.
Wasn't the first one a freak injury? Even the toughest guys can get shoulder injuries if they run into the boards at the right angle.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
danyhabsfan

I dont get the hate for Higgins.

He was so intense and a hard worker. He always came to habs camp with the best shape.

Dont get fool by his last year where he didnt look the same when he came back from injury.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Not surprised by Leblanc. Go read what I had written when drafted. Saw the kid play midget aaa, kid beat records as a player his last year. He was stupendous with LSL.
Aren't most good players gone from the Midget AAA league after their 15-16 season since they're in the Q?

Wouldn't surprised to see an NHL caliber kid tearing up a league of guys of lesser talent or a year behind him.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

He was so intense and a hard worker. He always came to habs camp with the best shape.

Dont get fool by his last year where he didnt look the same when he came back from injury.
Higgins was my favourite player at the time. It's too bad he had a drinking problem. I thought he would've been a solid 30 goal scorer with a great defensive game here.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:47 PM
CrazyBob

I hope White and Leblanc play on the same line at some point....

Old
02-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Shutdown

Quote:

Eller has a much higher ceiling though. Leblanc will not be more than a second line forward, at best. Eller has the potential to be a first line centerman in the NHL.

Leblanc is really showing good signs though. Not physically there yet, and it might take him a while, he doesn't have a big frame. He is impressive though. He's still a little tentative. I know he has some a nice skillset in terms of stick handling, he needs to gain some confidence in his ability to use it at the NHL level. He's so smart too, love the way he thinks the game. He'll be a really efficient player for us real soon.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
MoonlightGraham

I love his effort and hockey sense but he needs to get bigger and work on his skating a little bit, especially his acceleration. I think he'll be a decent second liner or a very good third liner.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Well... Missed the game since I work in 2 hours.

So if I get it right Leblanc is awesome but seemingly hates tanking. Return him to Hamilton!

Old
02-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Nicko999

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fall of Troy View Post
Wasn't the first one a freak injury? Even the toughest guys can get shoulder injuries if they run into the boards at the right angle.
I'm sure if he had more muscle mass he would have been OK. He couldn't finish the game yesterday because he couldn't take a shoulder to shoulder hit from Mike Brown.

RNH is 6'1, 175 lbs... Desharnais is 5'7, 177 lbs (just so you get the idea).

Old
02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
NewHabsEra*

I agree with the ones saying he isnt quite NHL ready yet, especially physically but I dont think he is wasting his time with the Habs either, he is a smart kid learning fast and already does alot of things very well.. He isnt a guy we can lose cause we rushed him too fast, his smart and maturity is already there unlike a kid like S.Kost who clearly didnt understand he still had plenty to learn to become a solid NHLer..

Louis has a bright future in front of him, matter of time..

Old
02-08-2012, 02:14 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I agree with the ones saying he isnt quite NHL ready yet, especially physically but I dont think he is wasting his time with the Habs either, he is a smart kid learning fast and already does alot of things very well.. He isnt a guy we can lose cause we rushed him too fast, his smart and maturity is already there unlike a kid like S.Kost who clearly didnt understand he still had plenty to learn to become a solid NHLer..

Louis has a bright future in front of him, matter of time..
I would go a little further and say Leblanc has one goal and that is to bring the Stanley Cup back home to Montreal and all of the fans.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Nicko999

Someone must post this in the Leafs board

Nazem Kadri: 7th overall pick in 2009... 6 pts in 19 games
Louis Leblanc: 18th overall pick in 2009... 7 pts in 18 games

Old
02-08-2012, 02:58 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Yeah, let me know when Leblanc pots 27 goals in the big show.
I would say Koivu had a lot to do with those 27 goals. The man was making diamonds out of coal some nights.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Needs weight.

Before he puts 20 pounds on this little body i don't like it.

Damn does this guy has eyebrows.

Good player tho.

We need to trade one of our center. Unless Leblanc is going to play wing.
Or desharnais ?
Eyebrows' comment really made me lol! I'm sure plenty of girls love Louis and his handsome eyebrows. Now, imagine those eyebrows on a girl! we have to be thankful that many girls pluck their eyebrows...some don't really have to and still remain pretty, ex: a young Brooke Shields.

Desharnais, Leblanc, Eller...never overestimate having too many centers...since injuries happen and center depth is very important.
And friendly competition with teammates can be healthy.

Keep all 3 (Eller, Leblanc, Desharnais), unless a TRADE YOU CAN'T REFUSE comes along. But...you can always package for example (a very small) Desharnais and (a soft) Weber for a Jared Staal (just one example) to upgrade on size/height. I'm not all that gaga on J.Staal, although I do like the way he plays + his size/height...imo he's overrated/underrated.

Just an example...Eller, Leblanc, J.Staal.

Louis Leblanc

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old
02-08-2012, 06:48 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Do you see him as a future center or winger?

Old
02-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Eyebrows' comment really made me lol! I'm sure plenty of girls love Louis and his handsome eyebrows. Now, imagine those eyebrows on a girl! we have to be thankful that many girls pluck their eyebrows...some don't really have to and still remain pretty, ex: a young Brooke Shields.

Desharnais, Leblanc, Eller...never overestimate having too many centers...since injuries happen and center depth is very important.
And friendly competition with teammates can be healthy.

Keep all 3 (Eller, Leblanc, Desharnais), unless a TRADE YOU CAN'T REFUSE comes along. But...you can always package for example (a very small) Desharnais and (a soft) Weber for a Jared Staal (just one example) to upgrade on size/height. I'm not all that gaga on J.Staal, although I do like the way he plays + his size/height...imo he's overrated/underrated.

Just an example...Eller, Leblanc, J.Staal.

Louis Leblanc
I hope you mean Jordan...

Old
02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
WestIslander

He is will be a second line winger or third line centre, he should have been chosen higher in the 2009 draft, Bob McKenzie even said that "Leblanc would be a steal for Montreal at 18th".

Not only is he a fellow WestIslander, but I have also watched him play Midget AAA in Pierrefonds, this kid made a smart move by moving from the USHL to the QMJHL and jumping to the NHL a.s.a.p.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:05 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Someone must post this in the Leafs board

Nazem Kadri: 7th overall pick in 2009... 6 pts in 19 games
Louis Leblanc: 18th overall pick in 2009... 7 pts in 18 games
I would still take Kadri on my team anyday, he was born to be a Hab and one day, YOU NEVER KNOW!

Old
02-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

He's never come close to the level he was at his 2nd and 3rd NHL years. 22 goals in 61 games and 27 in 82. The 4 years since...

12 goals in 57 games 08-09
8 goals in 67 games 09-10
13 goals in 62 games 10-11
10 goals in 45 games this year

From 49 goals in 143 games to 43 in 231 since.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
He is will be a second line winger or third line centre, he should have been chosen higher in the 2009 draft, Bob McKenzie even said that "Leblanc would be a steal for Montreal at 18th".

Not only is he a fellow WestIslander, but I have also watched him play Midget AAA in Pierrefonds, this kid made a smart move by moving from the USHL to the QMJHL and jumping to the NHL a.s.a.p.
He actually went USHL(17) to NCAA(18) then to the QMJHL(19). Then AHL and NHL at 20.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:55 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I hope you mean Jordan...
11 points in 33 ECHL games, 5 points in 29 AHL games. Who wouldn't want "Supastah" Jared Staal.

Closed Thread