HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-7-12 Canucks @ Preds - I don't like Mondays

Old
02-08-2012, 12:35 AM
luongo321

vCash: 500
Great game you guys. Your team is friggin awesome and outplayed us by quite a bit. Great crowd too. I wish Roger's Arena was that loud.

If the nucks don't win it, I really hope it's the Preds. Trotz and co. deserve it.

Oh yeah, and Gatlinburg kicks ass. Friggin bears wandering around our chalet when we visited.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM
predwings

Thanks for the mojo guys, great game Nucks. The bad, we lost when we should have probably won. The good, we played well enough with a good team and just had some unlucky bounces. We did erase a 2 goal deficit again and picked-up a point at least. Let's move on and stark a new win streak this time.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
Great hockey game. Happy with the point but should've had 2 though.

Got to talk with a couple guys who were down from Vancouver before the game. They seemed very impressed with our barn. Very nice guys all around, I was pleasantly surprised.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:45 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Proud of the effort, post 1st. Great passing and quick shots. Good puck possession as well. Great job by the team and coaches adjusting after a bad 1st.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Well we got outplayed in the first with Rinne allowing a soft one and then Luongo allowing two soft ones. Good game to watch. Vancouver was beatable and we couldn't finish them off. We can't win them all but we should have won this one. Legwand sometimes you have tunnelvision one way and to have an open goal like that ....Oh! Well. On to the road trip.
I sure would have liked to see Leggy do an interview after the game with a question concerning him not even looking at a wide open net. Klein would be a good one to interview as well. Klein with you being a veteran D man and 1st round draft pick in 2003, the team and (some) fans regard you as a solid/good 2nd line D-man. Can you ellaborate on why you were out of position on the 2nd goal and follow up with why your line on the 3rd goal let a super star player stand infront of the net with no one around? I am asking because the same type of mistakes have happened in two other games since the all star break. Is it a lack of focus, or do you just suck?

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
stickside

hey preds fans..

just wanna say thanks for a great time last night. i'm a vancouver boy now living down south and last night was the first time i've been to your arena. i gotta say rogers arena could take a lesson or two from you guys on how to put on a great show. it rocked! was just a great atmosphere.

and the preds fans treated me with total respect even though i was wearing all canucks gear. one guy behind me took the time to ask where i was from, said he was happy to have me and he even gave me an all you can eat bracelet so i could get some food. i promptly ate 6 hot dogs in about 4 minutes!

favorite parts of the experience...

- the mascot coming out on a 4-wheeler
- chanting 'sucks' after player introductions and then yelling, 'he sucks too' when the coach was introduced
- the uninterrupted standing ovation during a tv timeout after the preds had the canucks hemmed in their zone for a minute or two. seriously, it gave me goosebumps to see and hear that cheer go on for so long!
- the house band who played during the intermissions. man, they were awesome. really enjoyed just listening to them play
- when the preds goal was under review, the jumbotron was a split screen of the ref on the phone and 'peggy' from the discover card commercials. lol, that was great

so ya, just wanted to say thanks. i'll definitely be making the trek back with my family on a yearly basis when the nucks are in town.

smashville does it right!

stickside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickside View Post
hey preds fans..

just wanna say thanks for a great time last night. i'm a vancouver boy now living down south and last night was the first time i've been to your arena. i gotta say rogers arena could take a lesson or two from you guys on how to put on a great show. it rocked! was just a great atmosphere.

and the preds fans treated me with total respect even though i was wearing all canucks gear. one guy behind me took the time to ask where i was from, said he was happy to have me and he even gave me an all you can eat bracelet so i could get some food. i promptly ate 6 hot dogs in about 4 minutes!

favorite parts of the experience...

- the mascot coming out on a 4-wheeler
- chanting 'sucks' after player introductions and then yelling, 'he sucks too' when the coach was introduced
- the uninterrupted standing ovation during a tv timeout after the preds had the canucks hemmed in their zone for a minute or two. seriously, it gave me goosebumps to see and hear that cheer go on for so long!
- the house band who played during the intermissions. man, they were awesome. really enjoyed just listening to them play
- when the preds goal was under review, the jumbotron was a split screen of the ref on the phone and 'peggy' from the discover card commercials. lol, that was great

so ya, just wanted to say thanks. i'll definitely be making the trek back with my family on a yearly basis when the nucks are in town.

smashville does it right!
Get this man a Preds jersey.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Shea Weber

Stupid girl in front of me when Suter had a bad turnover: "He sucks!"

I was like

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
well that was a game that I didnt mind losing, great tempo, lots of action, the guys battled hard, etc etc etc.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
hatedandproud

I agree with what what'shisface up there said... What the &%$# Klien!

Why were you out of position on that 2nd goal of theirs! Why didn't you split yourself in two and cover BOTH opposing players coming down the slot. And why didn't you make sure the forwards didn't make that horrible line change so someone could have covered one of those opposing players!

And on their 3rd goal!!! Why didn't you make bulls , I believe that is his preferred name, cover the guy he was fighting with the whole time and WAS SUPPOSED TO have covered.

While we're at it, two more horrible plays by Klien let them score two more in the shoot-out!! Do something Klien! Don't just sit there!

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
well that was a game that I didnt mind losing, great tempo, lots of action, the guys battled hard, etc etc etc.
Should've won it, but I'm satisfied with the point. What a game. Felt like the playoffs all over again.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Jarnberg

Good game between two good teams. Can't really complain about the loss. Good for the Predators to come back down 3-1 to one of the best teams in the league. The Predators really took charge alot of the game it is just a shame they couldn't get the fourth goal to ice the game. Credit to Luongo there.

Game still highlights the need for another defensemen and a top forward. The team for the most part handled the Sedins but still struggled with the other lines. A better skilled forward may have got us that fourth goal.

Still, good for the team to comeback. Good battle.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Klein did make some mistakes. No one has to explain away or defend those mistakes simply because they do not think Klein is a third pairing defenseman. Every defenseman in the league is going to make mistakes, and when that defenseman happens to be on the ice against the other team's top talent those mistakes will be costly more often than if he were on the ice against the weakest of opponents. Klein gets iced to play a shutdown role. When he succeeds he largely goes unnoticed, and that's the way it should be for a shutdown defender. When he makes a mistake, as I said earlier, it is while some of the best players in the best league in the world are carrying the puck. Sadly they will often capitalize.

Regardless of how you feel about Klein, keep the personal crap out of it. If we have to start cracking down harder on flaming we will. Attack the opinion, not the poster who happens to have the opinion. If you can't do that then simply do not respond at all.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Should've won it, but I'm satisfied with the point. What a game. Felt like the playoffs all over again.
It felt like the playoffs....

till we had to watch the shootout...

I think that we would have won had it been playoff OT as our guys looked like they had more jump in their skates but we'll never know and have to be happy w/ a point and move on to Ottawa. It would be another fun series for sure if it comes to that w/ the 'Nucks for sure. A series with StL would also be a blast too; but would be afraid that both teams would beat each other up to the point nothing would be left for the next round.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
PredsChik

Klein was a 2nd round pick, not a 1st rounder.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
tserberis*

SK with 5 hits???

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote