HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs,Kings,Hawks and Canucks are favourites for Nash

Old
02-07-2012, 10:27 PM
FireEverybody*

vCash: 500
Put Nash on a line with the twins or Kane, his cap hit would not look nearly as bad.
Dude is a lock for 30 goals 60-70 points and has had no help.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Elliot20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEverybody View Post
Put Nash on a line with the twins or Kane, his cap hit would not look nearly as bad.
Dude is a lock for 30 goals 60-70 points and has had no help.
I'm not sure the Sedins need an elite forward to be 'more' effective than with Burrows. They played with Sundin and Naslund...lots of talent, but nothing special.... and turned guys like Carter into 30 goal scorers.

Especially when Nash is at 7.8 million, that's 5.8 million more than Burrows and for that amount, you can get a very good top 2 defenceman.

Nash is not a necessity for Vancouver, what they need is a physical, top 2, RH, defenceman.

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
CrazyCanucks

I say go for Nash after they win the Cup this year... No chance Gilles is going to break this core up now. Do it after the cup win...

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuongosTirePump View Post
No way in hell Vancouver picks up Nash. His contract and cap hit are atrocious and would severely hinder the team, despite how much potential he could have in Vans lineup. LA, on the other hand, I could see picking him up, especially since mason seems done. Maybe something around Bernier?
Yeah, if the Kings have any chance on getting either Nash or Carter, Bernier will have to be the centerpiece from L.A.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Yeah, if the Kings have any chance on getting either Nash or Carter, Bernier will have to be the centerpiece from L.A.
if Bernier were the "centerpiece", i really don't think either player could be had.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
For our incompetent GM maybe, but to us fans, well most of us, not at all. Bernier has done absolutely nothing, he isn't close to the type of player we expect for Carter or Nash. If Bernier is the main piece, then LA wins the trade hands down.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:17 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
So they are the new leafs?
It's been like this since 2006. And I mean actual media sources or rumor sites.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I hope he goes to LA/Vancouver

LA with Sanford for Bernier, Hickey, Penner and 1st

Vancouver for Schneider, Schroeder/Raymond, Sulzer/Alberts and 1st

But Toronto will offer Schenn, MacArthur, Biggs/D'Amico/Percy, Franson and Aulie
I appreciate making an offer on our behalf, but we decline. We'd be better off with those five assets.

Nash isn't the problem. His cap hit and length of contract are. He prevents any team from allocating cap resources on upgrade other areas, and his intangibles/production are not in line with his cap hit.

If I'm Vancouver, I give a valuable piece (Schneider), a replacement forward to bring intangibles (Booth), and a salary dump that could potentially work out (Ballard). Columbus includes Sanford to replace Schneider, who has already played for the Canucks. That's if Vancouver even wants that contract. When Nash is a 33 year old power forward with several years left, that will drain their resources. Then again, Nash would make them top-tier contenders for the next 3-4, so it's a calculated risk.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
if Bernier were the "centerpiece", i really don't think either player could be had.
Couldn't disagree more, especially for Carter. I think the CBJ's would be ecstatic to get a package along the lines of Bernier + A. Martinez + prospect(s)/pick(s) for Carter.

A Nash deal would likely have to involve something like Bernier + J Johnson + prospect(s)/pick(s).

BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
Couldn't disagree more, especially for Carter. I think the CBJ's would be ecstatic to get a package along the lines of Bernier + A. Martinez + prospect(s)/pick(s) for Carter.

A Nash deal would likely have to involve something like Bernier + J Johnson + prospect(s)/pick(s).
already in the second deal you added JJ, whose value far exceeds Bernier, and thus Bernier is no longer the focal piece.. in the first deal, Voracek > Bernier, 8th >> Martinez (even though he played here in college), 3rd =/< prospects/picks.. that is just too big a loss on the initial deal (which has to at least be considered) to work. Bernier (and goalies in general) just do not hold that much value.. especially when somewhat unproven still.

as i said, it would be very difficult to land either player if Bernier is the "centerpiece".

Old
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:

but to me the center piece would be JmfJ in that deal... toMAYto toMAHto i guess

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
but to me the center piece would be JmfJ in that deal... toMAYto toMAHto i guess
Exactly, my emphasis was on Carter. I don't think the Kings would have to give up J Johnson to get him - I think a package with Bernier as the centerpiece would work.

To get Nash I think a deal would revolve around something like J Johnson and Bernier...

Old
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I hope he goes to LA/Vancouver

LA with Sanford for Bernier, Hickey, Penner and 1st

If that's all we're giving up, that's thievery. We'd probably have to add one of Martinez or Voynov AND one of Kozun or Vey ....or ..... another 1st round pick & roster player. Yeah, the trade as you've listed it would probably not be allowed by Bettman. The troll would step in and void it.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Exactly, my emphasis was on Carter. I don't think the Kings would have to give up J Johnson to get him - I think a package with Bernier as the centerpiece would work.

To get Nash I think a deal would revolve around something like J Johnson and Bernier...
gotcha...I much rather deal Nash than Carter...and I think if LA can stand the cap hit, we make excellent trade partners. Nash adds 30 goals + to LA while they can deal defense and goalies that we deperately need....

I hated that we signed Nash to such a high amount and now I fear we'll pay for it (pun somewhat intended)

Old
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
BKR

Quote:
gotcha...I much rather deal Nash than Carter...and I think if LA can stand the cap hit, we make excellent trade partners. Nash adds 30 goals + to LA while they can deal defense and goalies that we deperately need....

I hated that we signed Nash to such a high amount and now I fear we'll pay for it (pun somewhat intended)
Yeah, if Nash's cap hit wasn't what it is, it would ba an easy deal.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Zal

To COL

Brown
Johnson
Bernier
Stoll
A non-roster prospect
1st '13
3rd '13

To LA

Carter
Nash
Sanford

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
To COL

Brown
Johnson
Bernier
Stoll
A non-roster prospect
1st '13
3rd '13

To LA

Carter
Nash
Sanford
as a kings fan i would do that

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
JasonT26

Nash could probably put up 40 goals if he played with other talented players.

JasonT26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

if Nash AND Carter are going Doghty has got to be coming back...that package is just not doing it for me...

Old
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

a coworker brought this up today, wanted to get some reaction from Canucks fans

To Van

Nash

To CBJ

Schneider
Burrows
Ballard

is there a basis there? I know some Van fans have said a Sedin Sedin Nash line would be nice, with his cap hit though, is it do able?

Old
02-10-2012, 12:53 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT26 View Post
Nash could probably put up 40 goals if he played with other talented players.
he has done it twice and come close other times playing with meh at best linemates so that isn't saying much haha

Old
02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Spice Trader

Quote:

To Van

Nash

To CBJ

Schneider
Burrows
Ballard

is there a basis there? I know some Van fans have said a Sedin Sedin Nash line would be nice, with his cap hit though, is it do able?
Really Dont see Van Trading Burrows. Not saying its not good value for van or clb i just dont see a heart and soul guy like burrows getting moved for a high priced risk.

Once again nash is a stud.. but kesler and the sedins are just as valuable and would be choked to earn so much less.. Ruins the sign for cheaper thing van has going and that is SUPER valuable.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Nick the Viking

Quote:

To Van

Nash

To CBJ

Schneider
Burrows
Ballard

initially, the value may seem not bad... buuuuuut Burrows is a better player on the Canucks than he would be anywhere

And the opposite is true where he is more valuable to the Nucks than anywhere else.

Though I love Nash, I'm not in favor of him on Vancouver. It changes the chemistry too much and could be incredibly risky.

What would it take though?

Schneider for sure

Ballard likely for cap reasons (and let's face it, he IS a solid top-6 dman - top 4 on CBJ)

And likely a couple more parts like a prospect like Shroeder or Jensen and another roster player like Booth or a combo of bottom 6 guys (at least)

Nick the Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

as a leaf fan i wouldnt go much farther than Mac + Schenn. With a 2nd or prospect being the most i would add.

If that doesn't get it done, than the leafs shy away.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Thanks Spice Trader and Monkey Boy...exactly the type of feedback I was looking for

basically....good value, but not right timing/right price for Nash...fair nuff