HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings Need Early-Season Version Of Mike Richards To Return

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2012, 06:05 AM
  #1
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
Los Angeles Kings Need Early-Season Version Of Mike Richards To Return

Los Angeles Kings Need Early-Season Version Of Mike Richards To Return

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
  #2
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Yeah but I am betting that 50% of those "Richards is the best forward and it's not even close" posters haven't changed their mind.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:37 AM
  #3
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Yeah but I am betting that 50% of those "Richards is the best forward and it's not even close" posters haven't changed their mind.
You mean 65%? They will blame the way universe is expanding before admiting they were/are wrong.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
  #4
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Concussions affect players differently. Some come back just fine, but most take several months to get back to top form. Doughty struggled last season after his concussion.

Claude Giroux before his concussion: 16 goals and 39 points (46 goal and 114 point pace) in 28 games (+7). After concussion: 4 goals and 21 points (16 goal and 82 points pace) in 21 games (-11). That's a significant drop off in goals after his concussion. He also had 4 points in his first game back, which helps his stats.

It may be March before we see the old Richards.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
  #5
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,803
vCash: 500
Richards had 2 goals in the first 14 games of the season. We don't need that Richards.

We need the Richards that had 11 goals in 13 games between November 8th and December 23rd. A portion of that streak came AFTER the concussion.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
  #6
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,097
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We need the early versions of just about everyone on the team to return... except Williams.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  #7
Hatter
Microagression King
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Richards had 2 goals in the first 14 games of the season. We don't need that Richards.
.
Way to be a stat sheet warrior. Richards was the best player on the ice those first 14 games of the season.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
  #8
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 29,010
vCash: 69
I expect Richards to be our best player down the stretch.



I have a trivia question for Hatter. Do you know why Hatters used to go "mad" or lose their minds?

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
  #9
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,494
vCash: 500
I want the Mike Richards version that plays like Simmonds and Schenn....whoops....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
  #10
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
Come playoff time, Richards will prove his worth. No doubt about it. I'm excited to have playoff-Richards on this team.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
  #11
Ajtacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I expect Richards to be our best player down the stretch.



I have a trivia question for Hatter. Do you know why Hatters used to go "mad" or lose their minds?
The mercury they used in hat making used to absorb into their bodies through their skin. The mercury poisoning made them go nuts.

Ajtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
  #12
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Way to be a stat sheet warrior. Richards was the best player on the ice those first 14 games of the season.
He was easily our best player during his hot streak. But during the start of the season he looked pretty much like he does now; just meh but with occasional nice set up on the PP. No way was he our best player.


Last edited by johnjm22: 02-08-2012 at 07:28 PM.
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
  #13
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
We need the Richards that had 11 goals in 13 games between November 8th and December 23rd. A portion of that streak came AFTER the concussion
No "a portion' didn't. Richards was out on IR from Dec 1 thru Dec 23

He had 9 goals in 10 games in Nov to his injury.

He's not the only King who isn't producing. And he still contributes a lot more than more forwards without scoring by his defensive work and PK. There's a reason when he went down hurt DEc 1 that the team dropped 5 in a row after and won only 2 in the 9 games he missed. It's all the things he does on the ice that you miss.

And he wasn't 100% in Jan and has looked better in the last 3. He will return to preinjury form and get better as the playoffs approach.
Hopefully, DL gets Kopi a winger and whoever is leftover drops to Richards line to replace Stoll.


Last edited by deeshamrock: 02-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:32 PM
  #14
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Way to be a stat sheet warrior. Richards was the best player on the ice those first 14 games of the season.
Yeah, yeah... no he wasn't.

I know Richards will come back, he hasn't forgotten how to play hockey. But I also don't believe it's concussion, unless it was concussion that made him lost his confidence. I don't know, I would still play him with Kopitar sometimes, he could help him gain his confidence. Couple of shifts per game and also play them more often together on PP. As I have said before, the reason for his worse play imo is the same as Kopitar's - lack of confidence, lost his touch. But some people will keep saying that with Richards it's injury and with Kopitar it was his own choice.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:23 PM
  #15
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
No "a portion' didn't. Richards was out on IR from Dec 1 thru Dec 23

He had 9 goals in 10 games in Nov to his injury.

He's not the only King who isn't producing. And he still contributes a lot more than more forwards without scoring by his defensive work and PK. There's a reason when he went down hurt DEc 1 that the team dropped 5 in a row after and won only 2 in the 9 games he missed. It's all the things he does on the ice that you miss.

And he wasn't 100% in Jan and has looked better in the last 3. He will return to preinjury form and get better as the playoffs approach.
Hopefully, DL gets Kopi a winger and whoever is leftover drops to Richards line to replace Stoll.
He had 2 goals in 2 games after coming back from injury. What I said was exactly correct; he had 11 goals in 13 games from November 8th to December 23rd. His first game back from injury was December 22nd against Anaheim, his second game back from injury was December 23rd against San Jose.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:02 PM
  #16
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 29,010
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajtacker View Post
The mercury they used in hat making used to absorb into their bodies through their skin. The mercury poisoning made them go nuts.
Good job Hatter

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.